Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
So at an event today Trump read off Lindsey Graham's personal cell phone number

Time for :goon: I guess. I want to know his stance on updawg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I hope Trump just casually lets slip out the personal cell numbers of each republican candidate running over the next few weeks/months.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Nixon collected documents on his political opponents.

Trump doxxes his political opponents.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

FCKGW posted:

They've waited 20 years so far, they can wait him out a bit more.

The problem in doing this is the optics of it. This man formed an armed mob of Right Wing militiamen and pointed guns at Federal agents and police. Not only did they back down, they left him to do as he pleased. This will only encourage more to do the same. Pair this with the disturbing killings of unarmed black men by police for what amounts to nothing, and you have a clear racist issue.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

SquadronROE posted:

I met my first true-blue libertarian today. He said he's in favor of freedom and doesn't like how the Left is against people's individual rights.

Oh, yeah. Also Uber is too highly regulated and there needs to be a new open source way to hook people up with rides because people can take care of themselves if we let them get concealed carry permits.
Did he talk about the evils of statism, he wasn't a real one if he didn't

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fried Chicken posted:

Haha how is Trump running for president ten times better than I ever hoped it would be.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

I should note it was a televised event.

Boston Globe has a quote from Graham on this; the Senator is indifferent to whether or not Trump drops out of the presidential race as long as he stops "being a (expletive)"

Edit: sorry quote that would be CBS, it was taped before this latest stunt, and the final word was "jackass", a word he used 3 times to describe Trump in that interview

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 21, 2015

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

Haha how is Trump running for president ten times better than I ever hoped it would be.

Imagine if he wins the nomination.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Talmonis posted:

The problem in doing this is the optics of it. This man formed an armed mob of Right Wing militiamen and pointed guns at Federal agents and police. Not only did they back down, they left him to do as he pleased. This will only encourage more to do the same. Pair this with the disturbing killings of unarmed black men by police for what amounts to nothing, and you have a clear racist issue.

Making a martyr out of him will encourage more crazies, not less. The approach being taken is the right one, wait for all the furor to die down and then quietly squash him like a bug.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Azuth0667 posted:

Speaking of BLM has Cliven Bundy been arrested yet or at least his cattle taken from him?

Not only has he not been arrested, as others have mentioned, he was recently at one of Rand Paul's rallies. Shocking, I know.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Fried Chicken posted:

I should note it was a televised event.

Boston Globe has a quote from Graham on this; the Senator is indifferent to whether or not Trump drops out of the presidential race as long as he stops "being a (expletive)"

Edit: sorry quote that would be CBS, it was taped before this latest stunt, and the final word was "jackass", a word he used 3 times to describe Trump in that interview

Apparently Trump just told a crowd what Graham's personal phone number is...

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Not only has he not been arrested, as others have mentioned, he was recently at one of Rand Paul's rallies. Shocking, I know.
He was off his ranch? Why didn't they arrest him then?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Hmm, I wonder if Lindsey has Prince Albert in a can...

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

evilweasel posted:

Making a martyr out of him will encourage more crazies, not less. The approach being taken is the right one, wait for all the furor to die down and then quietly squash him like a bug.

Shooting him would of course make a Martyr of him. But you can turn off the power, freeze his accounts and otherwise force him to come peacefully.

And as the man has left his home, you can definitely arrest the man when he's not surrounded by armed morons.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Talmonis posted:

Shooting him would of course make a Martyr of him. But you can turn off the power, freeze his accounts and otherwise force him to come peacefully.
I think they're worried about causing a Waco situation if they do this.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

JT Jag posted:

This is exactly the reason. Bundy is an icon to these people, and they are definitely worried about 'inspiring' reprisals or a Waco-esque situation if they take him in.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

JT Jag posted:

I guarantee the behavior of Racist-America over the past 6 years will make the next Waco a breath of fresh air for the rest of the country. Oh yeah, and if racists resist, they'll be perforated. :)

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Using a tank and an assault wasn't the kind of "Force" I was referring to. They can just sit outside rifle range and arrest anyone coming or going. Wait however long it takes for them to run out of canned goods.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

B-Rock452 posted:

I hope Trump gets a call from Cap Police today.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

JT Jag posted:

He was off his ranch? Why didn't they arrest him then?

Because the BLM has other poo poo to do besides stalk him all day. They manage a ton of the West and have very few employees.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Excited to learn if Lindsey Graham owns Battletoads.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Trump doxxes his political opponents.

Locking up the youth vote I see

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!

achillesforever6 posted:

Shut I didn't know the President was in Pittsburgh today, giving a good speech today at Veterans of Foreign Wars conference.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Talmonis posted:

And as the man has left his home, you can definitely arrest the man when he's not surrounded by armed morons.

Locking him up right now will also make a martyr of him. You want the loonies to catch a new shiny so that once they squash him they're all too busy with something else to be outraged and have forgotten about him. There is nothing to be gained by giving him a wider platform right now.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

So how much if at all has Trump been hurt by the McCain stuff?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Jesus Christ Chuck Todd.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Chuck Todd is the gooniest motherfucker and there is no way he has never heard the term doxx before.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

icantfindaname posted:

I'm guessing everyone's about to forget about it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Talmonis posted:

Well...

Captain_Maclaine posted:

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Not at all. He's making a name for himself as being an rear end in a top hat, this is what an rear end in a top hat does. You don't have to agree with the rear end in a top hat but you have to respect the rear end in a top hat for being an rear end in a top hat.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

icantfindaname posted:

The Washington Post said there was a statistically significant decline in his polling after it happened, in their poll that had responses both before and after it. I think the biggest damage its done is it gives everyone else in the Republican party a good excuse to go after him without losing their 'i hate immigrants too!' cred.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Fried Chicken posted:

All Hail Trump!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
A helpful Sousaphone player provided a dramatic soundtrack to for some folks marching to their rally.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fried Chicken posted:

Comments from noted moron Stephen Moore on Kasich really make it clear what his problem is and what is ugly about conservatism http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-07-21/john-kasich-s-economic-plan-hinges-on-growth-in-business

quote:

Kasich, the two-term Republican governor who announced his presidential bid Tuesday, also wants to return U.S. corporate profits from overseas in what he has said would be “the biggest stimulus program we could have.”

Didn't we try that back in the 00's? IIRC, it didn't do anything except make Steve Jobs richer.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Forever_Peace posted:

A helpful Sousaphone player provided a dramatic soundtrack to for some folks marching to their rally.

:lol: That's great. I love cheeky poo poo like this.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

B-Rock452 posted:

Yeah that's what I was talking about

Edit: you know what that's probably a can of worms I don't want to open so I'm removing be the number

Fried Chicken fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 21, 2015

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Yeah Kasich would sink the planet into Depression.

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Didn't we try that back in the 00's? IIRC, it didn't do anything except make Steve Jobs richer.

If the Republicans go Full Protectionist it'll be really really funny IMO

• Locked thread