Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They reenact the indy human centipede

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

TUS posted:

Still not sure how a casket match is going to work at Fete, but whatever. Also, do the Bucks sell any Bullet Club merch at their gimmick table?

You can usually ask one of the Bucks on Twitter what shirts they'll have at a given show and they'll tell you.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Grozz Nuy posted:

You can usually ask one of the Bucks on Twitter what shirts they'll have at a given show and they'll tell you.

Like when I asked them what they'd have at Global Wars, and they said nothing because ROH won't let them :smith:

I just wanted a Meltzer Driver shirt, why you gotta be that way ROH

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Bard Maddox posted:

why is the Kingdom vs Gulak/Busick match a loving match

is Biff Busick gonna have sex with Matt Taven

The ring announcer calls every tag match "a FUCKIN tag match"

And I'm off to twitter for the bucks

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

yeah I mean we know the bucks are tight with all the shirt deets

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Is there any truth to the rumors that ACH isn't working PWG anymore?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Super Dragon smashed his 3DS

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The_Rob posted:

I've heard that ROH is trying to get their guys locked up due to WWE's recent aggression, so it wouldn't shock me if he signed a deal that would preclude him from working PWG. I have no idea if that's actually the case tho

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

chikara is doing a show in austin tx in september. i thought they closed down???

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Nah, they're actually doing an afternoon show at Fete before Beyond goes on Sunday

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

minoru suzuki posted:

chikara is doing a show in austin tx in september. i thought they closed down???

That is probably just an Inspire Pro show with some CHIKARA dudes. Sepetember is KOT in Easton, PA and later in the month CHIKARA is doing North Carolina and Virginia. I don't see them doing a full fledged CHIKARA show in Texas as well.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chikara's been touring it up lately tho. England shows, Indiana shows, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd try texas, too.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is Chikara fun live? I'm not a huge fan but they're going to be 15 minutes from my house in October so I'm thinking about checking it out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

Is Chikara fun live? I'm not a huge fan but they're going to be 15 minutes from my house in October so I'm thinking about checking it out.

you like kids? there's lots of kids.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

coconono posted:

you like kids? there's lots of kids.

the one and only Chikara show I went to was almost entirely neckbeards. saw a lot more kids at the ROH TV taping in Wheeling WV I attended last September.

I'm no longer enough of a Chikara fan that I'd travel to see them, but if they ever came to Pittsburgh I'd attend. it's a cheap ticket and was fun

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Chris Sabin's injured and pulled out of a date for my local indie so they replaced him with loving Rockstar Spud and I already have front row tickets.

Chris Hero better be extra fat to make up for this bullshit disappointment.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Chris Hero can pul an incredible match with drat near anyone and Rockstar Spud has had some good matches in TNA so I don't know what your problem is

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Flameingblack posted:

Chris Hero can pul an incredible match with drat near anyone and Rockstar Spud has had some good matches in TNA so I don't know what your problem is

Maybe he just wanted to Hail Sabin

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

triplexpac posted:

Maybe he just wanted to Hail Sabin
Let's be real, Sabin only wrestles twice a year before he injures himself again.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

IMO Chikara is much more fun live than watching it on DVD or mp4. Just have an open mind and don't expect anything serious.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Flameingblack posted:

Let's be real, Sabin only wrestles twice a year before he injures himself again.

Yeah but hopefully one of those was going to be for my live entertainment and now it isn't.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Rockstar Spud vs Hero could be a good match if Hero pretends to be Kevin Nash during it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Rockstar Spud is not a downgrade from Chris Sabin

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the young bucks dont even give a drat anymore https://youtu.be/lxr-Z-v7qhs

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Bucks vs Wolves sounds like it would be a really fun match. I see their styles complimenting each other well.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

triplexpac posted:

Bucks vs Wolves sounds like it would be a really fun match. I see their styles complimenting each other well.

There's highlights of one of their ROH matches here that I remember being pretty fun (I could have sworn the whole thing had been uploaded by ROH at some point)

https://youtu.be/pclZSVRK_JM

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Beyond Wrestling just posted one of their best matches last year for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28GNDkh95qw

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Man, Gresham is hella underrated

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'd never seen Gresham before, holy poo poo he's tiny. He doesn't even come up to Thatcher's shoulders.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
So any rumors for additional matches at PWG tonight? There are only 4 matches announced so are we going to get a mini mystery vortex?

Either way with Akira Tozowa, Angelico and Evans it's going to be a good night.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

July 30, 8PM PST

If all you out-of-staters score tickets and my Orange County rear end misses out I swear to god

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

The_Rob posted:

So any rumors for additional matches at PWG tonight? There are only 4 matches announced so are we going to get a mini mystery vortex?

The champ is wrestling ROH tonight so that kinda screws up plans. Probably some sort of Biff/Dragon thing and of course, BRIAN FUCKIN CAGE.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

The_Rob posted:

Gargano, Ciampa, and Cage all said they're going to be here tonight and they weren't in the announced matches. Complete guesswork on my part, but maybe Everett/Gargano, Ciampa/Trevor, Thatcher/Cage, and Biff/Dragon? Pretty sure none of those matchups have happened yet in PWG.

It's ungodly hot here by the way, send help

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Yeah I just got here after a good 2 hours of traffic on the 405.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Big Dave Meltzer is here.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Meltzer Driver over Dave Meltzer

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

TUS posted:

Meltzer Driver over Dave Meltzer

There was no Meltzer Driver! Why would they finish with More Bang when the guy the move was fuckin' named after was in the audience? There was an Indytaker to the floor though.

Match results:

Team Tremendous def. World's Cutest Tag Team
Brian Cage def. Johnny Gargano
Andrew Everett def. Rich Swann
Trevor Lee def. Tommaso Ciampa
'Speedball' Mike Bailey def. Chris Hero
Ricochet def. Akira Tozawa
The Young Bucks def. Jack Evans and Angelico to retain the PWG World Tag Team Championships

Team Tremendous/Candice and Joey was fun and Team Tremendous is already super over in Reseda, but I think their match with the Beaver Boys was a little better. The crowd really hated Joey tonight, even moreso than usual, to the point where Candice reacted with bewilderment multiple times during the match. There was no interrogation (which I was disappointed by, because the jokes for interrogating Joey practically write themselves) but Dan Barry did put Joey's blowpop in an evidence bag and that was funny. Carr hit an insane black hole slam on Candice at one point and that was awesome. Cage/Gargano was really botchy, which can happen in Cage's matches when he's trying to do too much. I hope for Johnny's sake that wasn't a make or break match for him getting signed, since apparently Regal was in the back again. Everett/Swann was fun but it felt like it went on several minutes longer than it needed to. I was also somewhat surprised at how much more the crowd was behind Swann in that match considering their comparative pushes up until that point. Trevor/Ciampa was the best match of the first half and I almost gave it an HM nod, but I feel like I have a pattern of overrating Trevor's matches because I just like the guy so much, so I held off. It was a little sloppy to start but the last few minutes leading into the finish were great.

But the second half of the show was when things got really nuts. I don't think I've heard the Reseda crowd get as loud for a match (as in, not the surprise returns of the Bucks and especially Super Dragon) as they did for both Speedball/Hero and Ricochet/Tozawa since ACH/Omega at BOLA last year. Hero absolutely loving made Speedball in that match, Bailey looked fantastic against Roddy and was getting great reactions but the pop when he won tonight was insane. The crowd was also bugnuts for Tozawa's return, he got at least 90% of the chants despite being in the ring with one of the biggest stars in the company (although to be fair, Ricochet was encouraging it). The match itself was awesome too, but heavier on comedy spots than the other two big matches. Tozawa got really emotional in the ring after the match, or at least he was very good at faking it. After the match Super Dragon ran in and attacked Ricochet, and then the Bucks came in for backup in Dragon masks after Gargano, Candice, and Joey ran in for the save. I think we were all expecting Biff to show up then (and were chanting as such) but he wasn't there, so I guess that match isn't happening until after BOLA after all. Anyway, Super Dragon was going after Candice particularly during the beatdown segment, giving her the curbstomp twice (once with the Bucks superkicking her beforehand, once into the bottom turnbuckle) and then doing the thing where he put her in the tree of woe position and stood on her crotch. Speedball ran in and had a staredown with Super Dragon and I'm pretty sure he kicked him in the head at one point before getting laid out, but my memory isn't super clear there. Finally Evans and Angelico ran in and attacked the Bucks, Super Dragon bugged out (while still fighting someone on the way to the back, I think it was Trevor?), and the tag title match started. It was exactly the insane spotfest you'd expect it to be, and for my money the best Bucks match since the Love Gun match at Black Cole Sun. They're really at their best when the other team can match them spot for spot, and Evans and Angelico certainly brought it in that regard. I have no idea how Jack Evans does like 75% of his offense without killing himself, it all looks like if he overshot or lost his footing on any of it he'd fall on his neck or go straight from the ring to the floor. It was bananas, I really hope they wrestle in PWG more after BOLA but we'll see. Very curious to see Dave's feelings on the show, I thought it was better than From Out of Nowhere for sure.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

If Regal was there then they were definitely scouting SOMEONE because....

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/624800844672823296

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Super Dragon is getting called up. This is what he's been waiting for his entire life. By 'this' I mean 'WWE catering.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I found a team on the indies more of a LOD rip off than the Ascension is. I give you the Bloodbound Warriors:

• Locked thread