Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm the guy with opinions about Saudi Arabia, a country I cannot find on a map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

over the weekend I went from Richmond to the Outer Banks and we took the rural route through North Carolina and holy poo poo, it's so depressing. when you live in the city it's easy to forget that the rural south is really horrible and full of giant trucks with confederate flags and dilapidated trailers swarming with children

the only ostensible signs of prosperity were an increase in the number of low-end dodge chargers when we got into the employment radius of the Purdue chicken processing plant

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Mildly Amusing posted:

im the handicap license plate

For real, this guys just bitter that more Muslims that him can walk.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Mildly Amusing posted:

I've always thought of buying a bunch of stickers like that and then slapping them onto someone else's car.

I'd never but it's fun to think about from time to time.

Also, you can get handicap license plates and stuff just for being too fat.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Mildly Amusing posted:

I'm the incorrect apostrophe in followers

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Once on a trip southward I decided to get off the freeway and take a more meandering route through South Carolina for a while. In this one tiny town traffic had to drive around an apparent exploded building. Bricks all over the road; folks just standing around.
Gas explosion or the klan? It's too hot to give a poo poo.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

actionjackson posted:

I'm the stump that once was his diabetic leg.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I love the irony in the "Let's Roll" bumper sticker right above a handicapped license plate. That's art.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Mildly Amusing posted:

lol if you haven't seen this truck IRL.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

buddhanc posted:

Austin brisket > carolina pork > memphis

Hook em' and stuff

Ha, I instantly recognized this as Franklin's BBQ in Austin.

I spent some time in New Orleans last April and did a roadtrip to Austin&San Antonio with my buddy.
I got several tips from the goons in GWS where to eat and to go to Franklin's was the best advice I have ever tasted.
Plus we were super lucky, too only waited 20 mins. (We arrived at 3.30 pm, after we grabbed ours they closed at 4 pm because they were sold out.)

I need to go through my pics to see if I have any fitting "southern" stuff on camera. Oh yeah, maybe the questionable texts on the memorials around the Texas Capitol in Austin.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Longshot007 posted:

lol if you haven't seen this truck IRL.

I really wish I had a photo of it lying around. There's a truck here with a confederate flag, and also one of those rear-window coverups that's just a full-size photograph of 9/11. I've only seen it once, I think it was just passing through.

This is in upstate New York :confused:

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs4P1kKK-5k

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

southern music is good

serbp
Nov 30, 2013

actionjackson posted:

i'm the scumbag that wants a holy war

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

fyodor posted:

southern music is good

Squire lmao

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

fyodor posted:

southern music is good

is that dixie dave?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hopper posted:

Ha, I instantly recognized this as Franklin's BBQ in Austin.

I spent some time in New Orleans last April and did a roadtrip to Austin&San Antonio with my buddy.
I got several tips from the goons in GWS where to eat and to go to Franklin's was the best advice I have ever tasted.
Plus we were super lucky, too only waited 20 mins. (We arrived at 3.30 pm, after we grabbed ours they closed at 4 pm because they were sold out.)

I need to go through my pics to see if I have any fitting "southern" stuff on camera. Oh yeah, maybe the questionable texts on the memorials around the Texas Capitol in Austin.

Holy fuckign poo poo, that's some clutch poo poo, I've always, ALWAYS had to show up at like 9 in the morning. I showed up once about an hour earlier than you at Franklin's and they sold out 30 minutes later.

gently caress that man's insane brisket. I'm glad he's making some money showing off other people's bbq poo poo on PBS.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Mulaney Power Move posted:

this guy plays bass guitar like a loving wizard

real talk mudvayne sucks but Ryan Martinie is a really highly respected and talented bassist that has done a lot of different styles, and looks like a really normal guy in real life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBfEIdY3pso

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs4P1kKK-5k

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Blue Raider posted:

is that dixie dave?

Yep

Dirt
May 26, 2003

This is wonderful.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

owns

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

The best.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
ha ha ha ha

appropriate musical accompaniment

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao'd irl the entire time

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

*KKK starts chasing sousaphone guy, yakety sax plays*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqHrTtvFFIs

Bedevere
Jun 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Saucy Slit posted:

As a Southern raised person, when you meet other Southern folk abroad there's an instant bond of friendliness and willingness to help in any way you might need.... whether you are white, black, or whatever. It seems whenever I come across another person that was raised in the South I get extra service, portions, or help where ever I am at. (Restaurant, Auto Garage, Stores etc).

No other region in America is like that. People are not like: "oh hey I'm from the North too, allow me to help you move this furniture." Or "oh hey I'm a Westerner as well, lemme help you fix that flat tire". Or " No way?! You're a Mid-Westerner also?! Faygo on the house pal!"

I grew up in the South and dealt w/ lots of racism as a mixed kid. Lots. School, grocery stores, just playing outside. And it was pretty tough. As an adult I've lived in East and West coast cities that are supposedly progressed, whatever that means, but still witnessed as much hate and racism there as anywhere else in the world.

When you run into another Southerner outside of the South you're instant buddies ....be you black, white, or whatever. And we will stop what we're doing to help you out, if help is needed, or hook you the gently caress up w/ whatever we can give away at our jobs or w/ whatever is at our disposal. People from no other region in America have this camaraderie.

Brooklyn....

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Peanut President posted:

????
edit oh you mean these two goofballs

There has to be a picture somewhere of Ted Turner in the cheap seats with a cooler of beer yelling at his own team.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDGGlckXvww

southerner talking in front of a confederate flag says basically just about what you would expect

its interesting how racist people never really realize they are racist

Bedevere posted:

Brooklyn....

Or you know, any two people anywhere that one shares something interesting in common with the other.

Obstacle2 fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 21, 2015

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Less awesome and more :stonk: than I expected.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Gibberish posted:

real talk mudvayne sucks but Ryan Martinie is a really highly respected and talented bassist that has done a lot of different styles, and looks like a really normal guy in real life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBfEIdY3pso

my eyes tell me he's very talented and technically proficient, my ears tell me it's a seinfeld theme remix

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

buddhanc posted:

Austin brisket > carolina pork > memphis

Hook em' and stuff

indistinguishable from food you can get in places in Leeds and Sheffield, in west and south Yorkshire. England, the butt of your dumb food jokes. This is the pridw of your entire region??

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
the beer comes in fun little jars

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Baracula posted:

indistinguishable from food you can get in places in Leeds and Sheffield, in west and south Yorkshire. England

Pretty sure English barbecue would be about the only thing more pitiful than Northern barbecue.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Pretty sure English barbecue would be about the only thing more pitiful than Northern barbecue.

yeah the barrel scrapings of the european underclasses are the only people to ever work out how to smoke meat and apply sauces. all the good cool people who stayed just dont know how to hang meat over fragrant smoke.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
im sure your syrupy sauces are spiritually superior

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
eurotrash mad itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Daedra posted:

eurotrash mad itt

definitely me and not the people who think meat has a national character, and honour to defend

I am very glad you posted a la gbs to show you're very chilled :D

• Locked thread