Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Zzulu posted:

no one is embarrassed to watch those movies friend

Of course not, and why indeed would children be embarassed about consuming media made for children? Adults on the other hand would not be embarassed, cause they're not watching this poo poo, surely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

how me a frog posted:

Of course not, and why indeed would children be embarassed about consuming media made for children? Adults on the other hand would not be embarassed, cause they're not watching this poo poo, surely?

Adults watch Pixar movies too.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Pixar movies are good and they are for all ages.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
because not every adult you meet is a judgmental sperglord who likes being alone so he doesn't have to put up with the company of people he percieves as being below them and is too good for any hobby besides staring at the wall?

i don't like superhero movies though

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Simstim posted:

it would be the anti-superhero superhero movie. and the overall theme of the trilogy would be about social disfunction.

On the flipside, being an anti-hero I do think he would utterly eliminate Batman's entire rogue's gallery in about 24 hours, for good. Arkham might protest, because they'd go out of business.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if there's some what if DC crossover that does just that.

Applewhite posted:

Pixar movies arewere good and they arewere for all ages.

Necessary edits taken. While I've heard their very last movie wasn't bad, Jesus Disney has turned them into the "lovely sequel factory" studio and moved all their good people to Disney's animation department proper.

Did you know Brave was such a clusterfuck they re-wrote the entire script around like 40% complete animation?

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 21, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
nobody remembers or cares about Brave

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

how me a frog posted:

only severely sadbrained pieces of poo poo give a gently caress about what other people enjoy

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Whoa.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Junkfist posted:

The correct ending to a Punisher trilogy is him becoming High Warlord President of Liberia.

Actually, it would be him accidentally mowing down an innocent family in a gunfight, proving that he's just as bad as the bad guys.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The real super villain is capitalism

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Young Freud posted:

Actually, it would be him accidentally mowing down an innocent family in a gunfight, proving that he's just as bad as the bad guys.

Cops do that all the time though.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Also, she humped Wolverine.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Yes, Squirrel Girl and Wolverine both gently caress and fight. Beginning to like this character...

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Young Freud posted:

That sounds dumb.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Blazing Ownager posted:

Necessary edits taken. While I've heard their very last movie wasn't bad, Jesus Disney has turned them into the "lovely sequel factory" studio and moved all their good people to Disney's animation department proper.

Inside Out was miles above Big Hero 6 and Wreck it Ralph.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I started a joke, which started the whole world crying,
but I didn't see that the joke was on me, oh no.

I started to cry, which started the whole world laughing,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Say Nothing posted:

Also, she humped Wolverine.

But didn't Woverine pretty much screw most of the women in Marvel? Lord knows he had enough kids around before he killed them all off.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
BTW I didn't know the Punisher skull is also used to sell Chris Kyle merchandise.

http://www.forged.com/collections/the-legend

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
X-23's existence is justified by time displaced teenager Scott Summers trying to pick her up.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

midnightclimax posted:

BTW I didn't know the Punisher skull is also used to sell Chris Kyle merchandise.

Kyle's now defunct military contractor group, Craft International, used the Punisher skull. I remember it being brought up during the Boston Bombing because some conspiracy theorists latched on to the fact there was some guys with their hats there.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

midnightclimax posted:

how has marvel not like sued these people into the ground lol

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Monkey Fracas posted:

how has marvel not like sued these people into the ground lol

Probably don't want to rile up the ultra-conservative gun nuts who worship this dude, who by his own account was less a professional, reluctant sniper and more a racist war criminal

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

how me a frog posted:

I find it funny that you dudes will watch Marvel/DC movies and pretend that it's different to watching Disney/Pixar. It's literally baby stories designed for baby brains either way. Whether or not the brains have the sads I cannot comment on.

There is a difference, and the difference is that Pixar movies are good and the creators give a poo poo.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

King Vidiot posted:

There is a difference, and the difference is that Pixar movies are good and the creators give a poo poo.

The more important difference is that almost every woman on the planet will watch a pixar movie while only 20 something insecure males are embarrassed by it.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

midnightclimax posted:

I'm cracking up at the little star replacing the nose.

There, fixed, totally non-infringing now and so much more murrican.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I know people talked differently in the past but I cant fathom some way that doesnt sound like hes offering to drill captain america

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

i didn't know there was a tumblr crowd in the 70s

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Acne Rain posted:

i didn't know there was a tumblr crowd in the 70s

People have been wanting to see characters gently caress since forever.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Hey you can't use the r-word. Gotta say autistic now.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Filthy.

And furthermore

quote:

In 1999, The Matrix came out and blew everyone away with its insane action sequences, revolutionary cinematic techniques and, most of all, a mind-loving plot that left the head of every viewer filled with intense philosophical questions.

What It's Suspiciously Like:

The Invisibles, a cult comic book series created by Grant Morrison, is basically about a group of individuals who fight the establishment because the establishment is secretly keeping people dumb and hiding the fact that reality is an illusion. Turns out that the "real world" is ruled by horrifying insect-like demons. One more thing: The Invisibles debuted in 1994.

Like in The Matrix, these "terrorists" are actually one cell of a much larger group, and some of them can even "warp themselves out of reality" by using the real world as a shortcut. The story starts when the Invisibles recruit a young guy who takes on the alias of Jack Frost. Like Keanu in The Matrix, at first he wants nothing to do with the group, but eventually he comes to accept the fact that he's the messiah (yeah, they're a lot less subtle about it here). From that point on, he uses his reality-bending powers to help bring down the beings that secretly rule the world. Also, part of his training involves jumping off a tall building.

Want more? Their leader is a bald guy with circular shades who likes wearing leather. And knows kung fu. And shoots people a lot.

Other than that, they're completely different.

At one point, the bald, shades-wearing kung fu leader is captured by the bad guys and tortured by a non-human conscience ... who has taken the shape of a government agent. When he refuses to give them any information, they try to enter his brain, until eventually the rest of the team comes to his rescue. Here are a few panels from that sequence:

The Wachowskis have never acknowledged The Invisibles as an influence, even though they had invited the comic's creator Grant Morrison to contribute a story for their website. Morrison -- who actually liked The Matrix -- says he "was told by people on the set that Invisibles books were passed around for visual reference." His reaction to the second and third movies? "They should have kept on stealing from me."

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FRINGE posted:

His reaction to the second and third movies? "They should have kept on stealing from me."

lol

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
In turn, the comic sounds heavily inspired by They Live.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

In turn, the comic sounds heavily inspired by They Live.
*To the tune of "The Reflex"*

The Memeplex!

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Of course, a debt is owed to the collective works of William Gibson as well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLLQK9la6Go

Jared Leto is: Heath Ledger as the Joker.

Of course I already wasn't going to see it, because comic book movies are for children, but it's still going to be bad.

They shoulda casted McCully Culkin as the joker.

Also yeah its poo poo. I'm surprised Adam Sandler doesnt have his hands in it.

• Locked thread