Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Ms Marvel Captain Marvel looking like she's in the middle of a fart and Hulk ate a truck load of lemons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Acne Rain posted:

...do you mean Moore
post you're quoting is about Moore

"Though people trying to copy Alan Moore has ruined comics forever."

Morrison is the biggest offender of this, by a country mile.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Anyone have the panels where The Punisher has a gun that shots knives?

Why not.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Morrison writes nothing like Moore and has plenty of his own ideas.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Archer666 posted:

Ms Marvel Captain Marvel looking like she's in the middle of a fart and Hulk ate a truck load of lemons

i actually like the art but yeah its clear he/she has trouble with non-quirky faces

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Acne Rain posted:

Morrison writes nothing like Moore and has plenty of his own ideas.

Before his run on Batman I would have agreed with you. Halfway through his first year, I'd have given you the benefit of the doubt. But now, at best I could do is just look at you and go "Nah, dude. Nah"

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
What did he do that was "copying moore" then.
I've read some of moore and quite a bit of morrison, in fact his run on doom patrol remains my favorite comic run, and I see no resemblance.

even their approaches to being magick casting wizards is different.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The whole constant "psychedelic take on the greater meanings" feels like a college sophomore in lit class trying to be some kind of anti-establishment hero while he stuffs a Fleshlight in his TPB of Moore's Swamp-Thing run. The way he constantly looks to be trying to find excuses for characters to literally battle their own self image screams of Moore's work in Watchmen and League of . All of this happens while Morrison constantly cribs from Gaiman really just make the guy's recent work feel super hackneyed, and when he has tried to distance himself from one, it just latches him closer to the other. His amazing JLA run being the epitome of his style always having to take heavily from one of the two, which in itself wasn;t so bad when he had new stories to tell. But now he's just constantly trying to rebottle the magic it seems.

I'm not saying Morrison hasn't done great work, I'm just saying those days seem to be very long gone with no signs of coming back.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
what the gently caress are you saying

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ZombieParts posted:

what the gently caress are you saying

I'm a grown man who makes good money and questionable purchasing decisions

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
From reading the last few pages it seems like squirrel girl is awesome and comic nerds are total losers that think their spandex hero comics take them to "intellectual places", lol.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Not shown: The bullets becoming unstable milliseconds after the blade deploys and going into a spin that sends them careening randomly around the room.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

Not shown: The bullets becoming unstable milliseconds after the blade deploys and going into a spin that sends them careening randomly around the room.

Honestly that would probably make them more appealing as a weapon for the Punisher

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Working perfectly it would still be significantly less deadly than bullets.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Germstore posted:

Working perfectly it would still be significantly less deadly than bullets.

Yeah but they don;t go Fwocka-Fwocka-Fwocka when you shoot them so w/e

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The joker grill ruins the character.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
still better than dragonball movie

usa 1 anime 0

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

exquisite tea posted:

This comic book movie looks dumb, not like all those other smart and mature comic book movies.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
I would enjoy a punisher trilogy that basically makes him a freeper living in obama's america who has a break from reality when his family is murdered. It could deconstruct superhero vigilantism by showing how violence escalates and how a one man judge, jury and executioner is inherently a fascist idea. and it could critique right wing media for feeding into his neurosis. punisher would think he is doing good but his actions result in more social fear, more criminal violence (his included), and more injustice. along with the actual drug lords, murders, and pimps that are usually found in these stories, he would also inevitably be executing criminals guilty of misdemenors and minor felonies. and there would be a race and class tint to his actions (even if he is unaware of it) where the majority of his targets are lower class minorities. the story could show the real cost of violence with grieving communities, mothers, widows, and fatherless children.

the real protagonist of the story would be a fbi everyman tasked with taking him down. just an ordinary man with a family trying to take down this psycho vigilante without getting killed in the process. the second film would be about this, the punisher on the run, trying to deliver justice to the unjust with the government breathing down his neck. the climax would be a ruby ridge/waco stand off where a bunch of cops get killed but punisher still escapes.

the fbi everyman would still be on his tail but the third movie would be about punisher (from character growth in the previous films) turning his attention to the rich and powerful. the drug king pins, gun manufacturers, financiers, politicians, etc. who make the lion share of money from crime poverty and corruption but are themselves untouchable. punisher would start assassinating the rich. this would make people in the government and outside of it really mad and afraid and the punisher's main antagonists in this film would a pmc the rich hire to hunt him down. then the punisher would die having ultimately failed in his quest.

it would be the anti-superhero superhero movie. and the overall theme of the trilogy would be about social disfunction.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The Punisher is honestly a more boring Ogami Itto most of the time, which is certainly an achievement because Ogami Itto doesn't even have internal narration.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
what's an origami ditto

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Acne Rain posted:

what's an origami ditto

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The Punisher is honestly a more boring Ogami Itto most of the time, which is certainly an achievement because Ogami Itto doesn't even have internal narration.

:agreed: At least Ogami Itto has Daiguro to play off of his actions, as well. The Punisher needs someone like Microchip, which is why I think the character got lame after they got rid of the Chip.

Also, Garth Ennis and Frank Miller wish they were as crazy as Kazuo Koike.

Acne Rain posted:

what's an origami ditto

He's the Lone Wolf in "Lone Wolf and Cub", with Daiguro being his son. Or, if you're familiar with samurai movies, Ogami Itto is the Shogun Assassin.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Young Freud posted:

He's the Lone Wolf in "Lone Wolf and Cub", with Daiguro being his son. Or, if you're familiar with samurai movies, Ogami Itto is the Shogun Assassin.

I've read a bunch of these, it's really good. the art is excellent, the story is interesting and pays attention to historical detail.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Man his arm looks like a steroid abuser

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Uncle Wemus posted:

Man his arm looks like a steroid abuser

the punisher would take all the steroids if it let him become a more efficient murderhobo

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Holy poo poo this guy hates batman

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/batman-is-a-corny-dingus-and-superman-should-whomp-his-1718062457

"Batman is a dingus. He is a trust-fund billionaire who puts on a balaclava with ears so that he can do technology-enhanced karate at pickpockets and muggers; who sinks his fortune into paramilitary hardware in support of his one-man campaign to punch a major city into peace; whose concept of justice is throwing on his Goth Navy SEAL costume and terrifying people so they’ll follow the rules better; who evidently has never once considered that Gotham City’s continued awfulness might refute his methods. He throws darts shaped like his brand logo. He’s Jeff Bezos on steroids and paint-thinner fumes. He is a choad."

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Simstim posted:

I would enjoy a punisher trilogy that basically makes him a freeper living in obama's america who has a break from reality when his family is murdered. It could deconstruct superhero vigilantism by showing how violence escalates and how a one man judge, jury and executioner is inherently a fascist idea. and it could critique right wing media for feeding into his neurosis. punisher would think he is doing good but his actions result in more social fear, more criminal violence (his included), and more injustice. along with the actual drug lords, murders, and pimps that are usually found in these stories, he would also inevitably be executing criminals guilty of misdemenors and minor felonies. and there would be a race and class tint to his actions (even if he is unaware of it) where the majority of his targets are lower class minorities. the story could show the real cost of violence with grieving communities, mothers, widows, and fatherless children.

the real protagonist of the story would be a fbi everyman tasked with taking him down. just an ordinary man with a family trying to take down this psycho vigilante without getting killed in the process. the second film would be about this, the punisher on the run, trying to deliver justice to the unjust with the government breathing down his neck. the climax would be a ruby ridge/waco stand off where a bunch of cops get killed but punisher still escapes.

the fbi everyman would still be on his tail but the third movie would be about punisher (from character growth in the previous films) turning his attention to the rich and powerful. the drug king pins, gun manufacturers, financiers, politicians, etc. who make the lion share of money from crime poverty and corruption but are themselves untouchable. punisher would start assassinating the rich. this would make people in the government and outside of it really mad and afraid and the punisher's main antagonists in this film would a pmc the rich hire to hunt him down. then the punisher would die having ultimately failed in his quest.

it would be the anti-superhero superhero movie. and the overall theme of the trilogy would be about social disfunction.

yeah this would work; not even that far of a leap from the stuff already out there really

"the punisher is insane/deluded and his actions cause more harm than good" seems like a recurring theme, even if it isn't always the theme

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
there are already like hundreds of those comics where veganism is cool or republicans are bad, nobody buys or reads them

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

Applewhite posted:

As been stated earlier his super power is not hitting innocent bystanders so id still be ok

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Oh if you have the Vendetta stuff close at hand you should post the page where she turns all the other gene dolls into Vendettas.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

The Pug-isher

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
The correct ending to a Punisher trilogy is him becoming High Warlord President of Liberia.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I find it funny that you dudes will watch Marvel/DC movies and pretend that it's different to watching Disney/Pixar. It's literally baby stories designed for baby brains either way. Whether or not the brains have the sads I cannot comment on.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I watch Pixar movies too, checkmate scrublord. :smuggo:

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Pixar/Disney make legit good movies. Why would someone be embarrassed about liking those?

Comics are stupid poo poo for manchildren, that having a stigma is understandable.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

how me a frog posted:

I find it funny that you dudes will watch Marvel/DC movies and pretend that it's different to watching Disney/Pixar. It's literally baby stories designed for baby brains either way. Whether or not the brains have the sads I cannot comment on.

Actually, that's a disservice to Pixar movies - they are a cut above the superhero movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

how me a frog posted:

no one is embarrassed to watch those movies friend

• Locked thread