Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Gigi Galli posted:

same

I didn't know Friuli people said mona too, such a versatile word.

Suarez is good and Fiorentina made a lot of money, it's a good transfer. Also who is Herman?

The only part that worries me is that it's a loan (? If not then great!) instead of a buy, which has me a little apprehensive due to the last deal that was supposed to do.

Also, Herman...Probably meant German.

Paddyb posted:

Speaking of which, Giuseppe Rossi is alive and just scored a penalty against PSG.

Yeah, I've been reading a lot about him training and stuff like that, getting back into the whole thing. It's good to see him actually get some play time. Who was the oval office that injured him again?

Gigi Galli posted:

What a duo :allears:
Batigol and Robin!

Oh yeah. I'd recognize that goofy haircut and smile any day. Also Rui Costa is awesome. He also is has an order of Prince Henry. It's sad that the bankruptcy saw them both leave. Well, more Batigol than Costa, Batigol wanted a scudetto, and I don't blame him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Soulex posted:

Yeah, I've been reading a lot about him training and stuff like that, getting back into the whole thing. It's good to see him actually get some play time. Who was the oval office that injured him again?

Nobody? Didn't he get injured in training?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Nobody? Didn't he get injured in training?

No. Some rear end in a top hat did a oval office tackle on him, requiring surgery.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Soulex posted:

No. Some rear end in a top hat did a oval office tackle on him, requiring surgery.

You mean this guy last season?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2014/01/06/4524001/rinaudo-deserves-to-be-banned-until-rossi-returns-from

I like Rossi but man, his right knee is so hosed right now. He's injured like 3 different ligaments so far.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

You mean this guy last season?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2014/01/06/4524001/rinaudo-deserves-to-be-banned-until-rossi-returns-from

I like Rossi but man, his right knee is so hosed right now. He's injured like 3 different ligaments so far.

Yeah that guy. gently caress him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAuYCWTOFSc

He gets right up in the ref's face. His "I tried to apologize" is bullshit. He clearly thought he did nothing wrong.

And yeah, Sadly Rossi is our glass cannon. Bad knee, but when he's on, he's on. Without him, we wouldn't have had the amazing 4-2 win over Juventus that we will celebrate for years to come.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Suarez is not on loan, it's a straight swap of players (+ 8-12 million to us, numbers vary wildly).

Technically they might have done it differently if they want to put the expense to next year's report, so it would 20million for Savic now and Suarez on a loan+purchase option at 10 million next year.

Either way, it's not a temp move.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

Suarez is not on loan, it's a straight swap of players (+ 8-12 million to us, numbers vary wildly).

Technically they might have done it differently if they want to put the expense to next year's report, so it would 20million for Savic now and Suarez on a loan+purchase option at 10 million next year.

Either way, it's not a temp move.

Yup that second part is what I was reading originally. I don't know why they'd want to move it or something like that for next year's expense report or why they would even want to do that in the first place. I understand the whole, loan see if something works out and then see if you can buy if so, but it's also kind of ridiculous when it happens over and over.

20mil for Savic is pretty good then, especially with another player in the mix. Savic was great when he was on and in form. I just don't understand this Roncaglia saga. This transfer window has definitely painted ADV in a weird light. Like promising to do an interview at Moena, only to call the whole thing off and that he was only there for a walk. Any insight man?

I wonder who we are going to pick up to replace him. 12, or even 10m is enough to get a few decent players to help round everything out.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

This transfer window has definitely painted ADV in a weird light. Like promising to do an interview at Moena, only to call the whole thing off and that he was only there for a walk. Any insight man?

That is actually the usual press being whiny bitches and distorting the truth. Andrea got to Moena and said "we'll have a talk in the evening", then in the evening he went to the town (as announced) and mingled with fans and press, answering questions as they came. Journos wanted a press conference which was not planned nor promised, and started bitching, because they couldn't ask lovely questions without angering the fans.

I'm moderately confident in this year's transfer window, we're doing the right moves. It will also be a very weird one as teams need to shed A LOT of weight - reminder that we can only have 25 players of which 4 are italian and 4 have grown in our youth squad. In August there's gonna be the goddamn sales of foreign players - just needs a little patience.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Higuain was filmed melting down in an Ibiza club because people were making fun of his poo poo penalty record.

I'll bet it was a real nice meltdown.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A nigga made fun of in Ibiza... a shameful nigga

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

trem_two posted:

Higuain was filmed melting down in an Ibiza club because people were making fun of his poo poo penalty record.

Perhaps he should try scoring some penalties then.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3170929/Gonzalo-Higuain-involved-altercation-outside-popular-Ibiza-hot-spot-Pacha.html

Looks like it was outside at least, also lol at his fedora

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

That is actually the usual press being whiny bitches and distorting the truth. Andrea got to Moena and said "we'll have a talk in the evening", then in the evening he went to the town (as announced) and mingled with fans and press, answering questions as they came. Journos wanted a press conference which was not planned nor promised, and started bitching, because they couldn't ask lovely questions without angering the fans.

I'm moderately confident in this year's transfer window, we're doing the right moves. It will also be a very weird one as teams need to shed A LOT of weight - reminder that we can only have 25 players of which 4 are italian and 4 have grown in our youth squad. In August there's gonna be the goddamn sales of foreign players - just needs a little patience.

Thanks for this.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm not sure why Fiorentina swapped Savic for Suarez. Mario Suarez is a nice player and all, but his skill set is fungible and you can find players like him wherever (Raul Garcia, Tiago, Gabi, and Suarez are basically the same player and that's just on Atletico). Savic is probably a better player and its harder to find a defender of that quality.

idgi

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

DOOP posted:

I'm not sure why Fiorentina swapped Savic for Suarez. Mario Suarez is a nice player and all, but his skill set is fungible and you can find players like him wherever (Raul Garcia, Tiago, Gabi, and Suarez are basically the same player and that's just on Atletico). Savic is probably a better player and its harder to find a defender of that quality.

idgi

Because they also got a nice stack of cash? Plus I'm sure Savic wanted to play in the CL, you don't want to keep players around against their wishes.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gigi Galli posted:

Because they also got a nice stack of cash? Plus I'm sure Savic wanted to play in the CL, you don't want to keep players around against their wishes.

Savic leaving is whatever

But they probably could have gotten even more cash or a better player than Suarez. DM's are generally replaceable for the most part

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

DOOP posted:

Savic leaving is whatever

But they probably could have gotten even more cash or a better player than Suarez. DM's are generally replaceable for the most part

Keep in mind our DM Pizarro is like 36 and we don't know if he's staying or not. He's not exactly Pirlo material and he is short, losing speed, beaten on tackles more often, but he is still accurate with passes.

David is gonna suck because he was a great penalty box defender, never got cards as often as his brethren, and was great in the air. However, he's not irreplaceable. 5m would buy a defender around his skill level but not his age. poo poo, how much did Ogbonna go for?

I haven't seen Mario Suarez play at all but we need a good Defensive Misfielser who can occasionally move up. Which is why I was so keen on Inler. Just go and watch his long range shots. Both feet are dangerous from outside the box. Video for 12/13 -
http://youtu.be/Isu2vB_uK04

Savic more than likely was ok with leaving but more than willing to stay with Viola. He has been with the club long enough to be a big part of it.

Also, apparently Viola signed a right back. And we are still waiting on finding out if we are gonna get that one dude from the Brazil League. I wanna say Wallace but that's the right back. The club was wanting 8m for him and rejected a 7.5m bid.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 22, 2015

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Didn't Pizzaro just sign for a South American team?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Not sure. I know that he wasn't sure if he was gonna stick around, and I'm sure Sousa wants to replace him. He's good, just too old. It also gives my boy Mathias time to shine more.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Not sure. I know that he wasn't sure if he was gonna stick around, and I'm sure Sousa wants to replace him. He's good, just too old. It also gives my boy Mathias time to shine more.

Yup, just checked. Looks like he's gone home to Santiago Wanderers. Can't hate on that.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nope, not at all. Probably wants to chill and retire back home after a few seasons. Don't blame him, especially after winning Copa America. Sad to see him leave but it's his time.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Not quite a bolded done deal yet but seems inevitable at this point

http://www.fcbayern.de/en/news/news/2015/news-in-brief-230715.php

Good bye brave king, hopefully Pep won't ruin you and you wont drunk drive your Ferrari on the Autobahn.

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 24, 2015

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Drogadon posted:

Not quite a bolded done deal yet but seems inevitable at this point

http://www.fcbayern.de/en/news/news/2015/news-in-brief-230715.php

Good bye brave king, hopefully Pep won't ruin you and you wont drunk drive your Ferrari on the Autobahn.

Yeah. It's really the end of an era, he and Pirlo arriving were the driving force for Juve's resurgence, and now they're leaving at the same time.

He was such a warrior.

He asked to go to Bayern though, and selling him at that price given his age, recent injury history, etc. makes sense, so I totally get selling him now. But it's a major loss, both on the pitch and symbolically.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Yes, it's definitely a smart move but you're right, end of an era.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The Allegri honeymoon is over. Now you will know. You will all know.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Can't wait for the announcement of Muntari to replace Vidal, Matri on a permanent move to replace Tevez and Rugani to Milan in exchange of Mexes.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

:ohdear:

Buying all the attacking players will work, yeah?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I actually think that Juve has reinforced enough to win the league anyway, but I think European performance will suffer. Tevez and Pirlo are in a class of their own and Vidal was approaching it. There's still a lot of transfer window left though, and that Vidal money will surely be invested back in to the team.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

This

Gigi Galli posted:

I actually think that Juve has reinforced enough to win the league anyway, but I think European performance will suffer. Tevez and Pirlo are in a class of their own and Vidal was approaching it. There's still a lot of transfer window left though, and that Vidal money will surely be invested back in to the team.
And this. Juventus has enough depth that they will still be the contending force. I'd expect Roma and Napoli to do better this season in terms of giving them a run for their money but Juventus will still win next season and irrevocably be Merde.

Also Serie A 2015/16: now under new ownership/management

Or Serie A 2015/16: our finances are in order.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

5 Roma players were denied entry to Indonesia Seydou Doumbia, Gervinho, Victor Ibarbo, Ljajic and Antonio Sanabria. :laugh:

Fiorentina are also flying in to seal the deal on Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. No idea who he is, should I be excited?

Soulex fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 24, 2015

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Soulex posted:

5 Roma players were denied entry to Indonesia Seydou Doumbia, Gervinho, Victor Ibarbo, Ljajic and Antonio Sanabria. :laugh:

gently caress, what kind of amateurs are running that show. Having done business travel before that is something you sort out ahead of time.

Did they do something to piss off the Indonesian authorities in the past (which might be a reason for unexpected bullshit)?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
FYI, Inter and Milan are playing a friendly early on Saturday, I think it's at 8 am EDT.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

FYI, Inter and Milan are playing a friendly early on Saturday, I think it's at 8 am EDT.

Milan's front three for this is Honda, Niang and Matri :thumbsup:

Also I read that it's worth more monetarily than the time these two teams played for the Italian super cup there.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

We "won" an international champions cup match against Benfica yesterday night. On penalties. Of which we scored 5/5 :aaa:

Good performance by Ilicic, Gonzalo, Vecino and Joaquin, and very good things shown by Suarez (his was the best penalty, millimeters from the post and mid-height).

Soulex, reportedly Milinkovic-Savic should be in Florence today for signing but I won't believe a word anymore until he signs (for anyone) as he's been alternatively been declared closed for Lazio or Fiorentina every day for a week+. Tactically he's another DM, and with him Vecino and Suarez we'd have the tallest average midfield in serie a (1.89m) which never hurts. We'll see.

If he arrives, Badelj will go, Vecino or Diakhate possibly also (hopefully on a loan), and Borja might be put up as trequartista; the last time he played that role was 2 years ago in Genoa when Gomez and Rossi scored a brace each :'(

Speaking of Gomez, he played 0 minutes last night, he should sign for Besiktas next week. Now to wait for a new attacker (probably in Salah's role - we have Baba and Rossi as CF, Joaquin and Bernardeschi for the right, Rebic and ??? for the left).

Edit: Milinkovic-Savic just landed in Florence, so we should be close.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jul 25, 2015

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Mancini sure did put out a lineup of players registered to Inter Milan to start this friendly.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:siren: WATER BREAK :siren:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Why are Inter playing with the primavera?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

canepazzo posted:

We "won" an international champions cup match against Benfica yesterday night. On penalties. Of which we scored 5/5 :aaa:

Good performance by Ilicic, Gonzalo, Vecino and Joaquin, and very good things shown by Suarez (his was the best penalty, millimeters from the post and mid-height).

Soulex, reportedly Milinkovic-Savic should be in Florence today for signing but I won't believe a word anymore until he signs (for anyone) as he's been alternatively been declared closed for Lazio or Fiorentina every day for a week+. Tactically he's another DM, and with him Vecino and Suarez we'd have the tallest average midfield in serie a (1.89m) which never hurts. We'll see.

If he arrives, Badelj will go, Vecino or Diakhate possibly also (hopefully on a loan), and Borja might be put up as trequartista; the last time he played that role was 2 years ago in Genoa when Gomez and Rossi scored a brace each :'(

Speaking of Gomez, he played 0 minutes last night, he should sign for Besiktas next week. Now to wait for a new attacker (probably in Salah's role - we have Baba and Rossi as CF, Joaquin and Bernardeschi for the right, Rebic and ??? for the left).

Edit: Milinkovic-Savic just landed in Florence, so we should be close.

Gonzalo straight up went to Talisca, who was fouled by another player, and intentionally stepped on his abdomen.

He was an utter oval office, specially in a friendly.

The game was really tight and nothing impressive was done, which is understandable. Both teams are starting their pre-season with new coaches who want to implement new philosophies to their teams and their first matches being against such strong teams (starting off a pre-season with PSG is madness :psyduck:) makes teams want to play cautiously. I liked Fiorentina though, Paulo Sousa does great things and his career is of a man who lives for new and increasing challenges. A Swiss and Israeli champion might not mean much in TRP but it's a proof of quality that you can't deny.

Hope Fiorentina does well because Between A.C. Milan, Juventus and Fiorentina Italy has some of the most flashy football kits out there. I only wished Palermo and Boavista returned to European football.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Matri :boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew: