Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Alter Ego posted:

Took 7 years, but that'd be a campaign promise kept, wouldn't it?

He did say day one but yeah at least that would be done. Kind of will feel a bit like closure.

Between tying loose ends from the Bush administration as well as his own Obama's administration seems to have been pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm just not as convinced as many here are that Hillary's plunging likability and trustworthiness numbers can just be glossed over.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

EugeneJ posted:

NY just approved $15/hr minimum wage for fast food workers!!!...

...and employers must comply by 2021

:lol:

NY state or NYC?

Gravel Gravy posted:

He did say day one but yeah at least that would be done. Kind of will feel a bit like closure.

Between tying loose ends from the Bush administration as well as his own Obama's administration seems to have been pretty good.

History's going to be pretty kind to his legacy I think.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

mcmagic posted:

I'm just not as convinced as many here are that Hillary's plunging likability and trustworthiness numbers can just be glossed over.

Well, post multiple polls from different sources that definitively show this trend and people will take it more seriously.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

mcmagic posted:

yes please keep posting this every page or so

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Also, Trump has responded to Perry.

:allears:

I'm sorry to everyone when I said nothing could ever top Herman "pokemaster" Cain.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

EugeneJ posted:

NY just approved $15/hr minimum wage for fast food workers!!!...

...and employers must comply by 2021

:lol:

Will it at least index to inflation after that?

^^^^^^ owned

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

this_is_hard posted:

yes please keep posting this every page or so

Repetition works for Fox News though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jewel Repetition posted:

Well, post multiple polls from different sources that definitively show this trend and people will take it more seriously.

http://time.com/3904698/hillary-clinton-2016-presidential-race-poll/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/17/politics/poll-2016-elections-hillary-clinton-trustworthy/

http://nypost.com/2015/04/23/majority-of-voters-think-hillary-is-untrustworthy-poll/

They aren't hard to find...

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mcmagic posted:

:cmon: this isn't even subtle.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

mcmagic posted:

Has she done anything since her second 'this is my actual launch' announcement?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

NY state or NY City

NY State wage must be $15 by 2021, NYC wage must be $15 by 2018

Only applies to fast food chains with 30 or more stores

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Hmm, this thing that was well predicted to happen. I can't believe it's happening. I should draw the wrong conclusions from it and keep posting about it repeatedly, despite multiple explaining to me why I am being stupid as gently caress.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

EugeneJ posted:

So I expect to see a lot of McDowells and Burger Monarchs opening in NY.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Hmm, this thing that was well predicted to happen. I can't believe it's happening. I should draw the wrong conclusions from it and keep posting about it repeatedly, despite multiple explaining to me why I am being stupid as gently caress.

It didn't just happen by accident... IDK why your conclusion that this doesn't matter is any more valid than mine that it might.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

A Winner is Jew posted:

I'm sorry to everyone when I said nothing could ever top Herman "pokemaster" Cain.

At first glance Perry looks like he's kinda fake smiling but after a second it starts to look like barely hidden discomfort.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jewel Repetition posted:

I'm an MRA and

Yeah, we're done here.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

NY state or NYC?

History's going to be pretty kind to his legacy I think.

First black president. He was always going to end up with a hagiography in the popular consciousness and a zillion memorials once we got a generation out.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

A Winner is Jew posted:

If you want a picture of this primary imagine Donald Trump breaking the GOP's spine over his knee, forever.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Fried Chicken posted:

First black president. He was always going to end up with a hagiography in the popular consciousness and a zillion memorials once we got a generation out.

I don't know about that

The chances went up a lot once he won a second term though, that was a big closer.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Does anyone else think "Trumpism" seems an awful lot like fascism?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Sinteres posted:

Less so than modern conservatism, Trump hasn't advocated wars and internment camps

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Raskolnikov38 posted:

If you want a picture of this primary imagine Donald Trump breaking the GOP's spine over his knee, forever.

Stop, my penis can only get so erect.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Sinteres posted:

Let's see if he starts talking about camps before we throw that label on him. Right now it just seems like a mish-mash of really crazy half-baked ideas than any sort of political theory.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Fried Chicken posted:

Less so than modern conservatism, Trump hasn't advocated wars and internment camps

Some of the anti-immigration stuff definitely plays into the same racial resentments that led to internment camps, and he's absolutely advocated for wars.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
What is the plan to close gitmo? Every appropriations bill has banned money being spent on shutting it down or prisoners being transferred to prisons on the mainland. Have they just found someone to take the last few people still left there?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Sinteres posted:

Some of the anti-immigration stuff definitely plays into the same racial resentments that led to internment camps, and he's absolutely advocated for wars.

He advocated for plundering Iraq after we were in there, but 2003-2004 he was opposed to the war. And "plays into the same resentments" is a vast gulf from General Clarke advocating internment camps outright last week.

But let's go ahead and grant that you are correct, then the issue is there is zero difference between Trumpism and conservatism so they are both fascist

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

What is the plan to close gitmo? Every appropriations bill has banned money being spent on shutting it down or prisoners being transferred to prisons on the mainland. Have they just found someone to take the last few people still left there?

Per Josh Ernest if the next NDAA mandates Gitmo be kept open, Obama will veto it

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Gravel Gravy posted:

Funny but I don't like Graham enough to spread his video like he hopes people will.

You said, quoting and thus reposting the link.

I think the USA has perfected political hilarity and drama without just resorting to parliament brawls or actual violent revolutions.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I guess I'll take them if no one else will.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:yikes:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Gravel Gravy posted:

So I expect to see a lot of McDowells and Burger Monarchs opening in NY.

"They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs." :colbert:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

mcmagic posted:

It didn't just happen by accident... IDK why your conclusion that this doesn't matter is any more valid than mine that it might.

Everyone already knew her favorables and "trustworthiness" would tick down once the campaign actually got going. What I, and others, have explained to you is that you don't understand how to interpret the information being given to you and that you're drawing really stupid conclusions from bad information. I am not sure how much more this can be hammered home to you.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 22, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Like if Obama had lost in 2012 I imagine you'd be seeing Romney inherit the predicted bump in the economy regardless of who became president and we'd be seeing instead an inevitable Romney second term or at best a very competitive race between Romney and Clinton trying to top each other in selling themselves as the candidate that is nothing like Obama.

Obama would be a footnote, a "yeah we elected a black guy racism was over" in history books but be regarded somewhere below Carter.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Jewel Repetition posted:

I'm an MRA and I don't think Hillary in the white house would have any negative effect on the movement.

I'm glad the MRAs weren't planning any sexual assaults against Hillary that would only be stopped by White House security.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

"They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs." :colbert:

In Managua when McDonalds pulled the franchise out of the one in the big mall during the Sandinsta reign, they called it Donalds and served the same food, but with Bulgarian materials.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

In Managua when McDonalds pulled the franchise out of the one in the big mall during the Sandinsta reign, they called it Donalds and served the same food, but with Bulgarian materials.

Those poor people. :ohdear:

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

EugeneJ posted:

Is that in 2015 dollars or nominal?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I know it's been explained a dozen times ITT over like the past day, but even if Hillary vs Walker/Rubio/Bush had turnout for Hillary super-low and turnout for the Republican as high as ever, it would still be very very hard for them to win, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Also, it's phased in, so there are increases each year on the way to 15 (though I couldn't find details on the exact phasing.)

• Locked thread