Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Final Liberation is there too. A fun game to mow down orcs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Fargin Icehole posted:

http://www.gog.com/news/release_warhammer_40000_chaos_gate

Wow, Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate is finally out, never thought i'd see that.

Oh crap - yeah I never thought I'd see this again either. I bought it long ago when it came out and lost the CD while moving.

come to chaos...

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

I am going to throw myself on this grenade meant for you and embarrass myself - over the summer sale, where I admittedly spent a fairly modest $60 or so, I cracked into the quadruple digits. This is post-debundling, of course.

At one point back in autumn 2013, I owned all but 4 or 5 games on GOG. I was genuinely trying to collect them all, but they come out so quickly now and GOG has so many high-ticket games that there is no way that I could keep up with my income. I have cut back a lot in the sense that I no longer buy games just to add them to my collection, but because I genuinely want to play them, like all of those great Lucas Arts adventure games I bought during the June sale. Mind you, I do all of this fully knowing that I will never play even half of them.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Saoshyant posted:

Nearly everything HIB sells is a Steam key. If you want to stick to 100% DRM free just buy from GOG exclusively. You'll find, though, that for most people Steam has so many benefits it outweighs that one inconvenience.

Though the HB store has a good deal of DRM free games and even had a DRM free sale a little bit ago. But yeah the bundles tend to be mostly Steam-only games.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Any opinions on Lords of Xulima? Seems interesting and runs on linux, but Ive found almost no reviews about it.

Yannos
Aug 4, 2006

You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee.Black. You have five earth minutes ... Make it Perfect!
Here's hoping for Dark Omen soon! But that was Electronics arts right :-/ ...

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
GOG seem to have made a deal with Games Workshop because Chaos Gate, Final Liberation and Shadow of the Horny Rat got released today. Maybe some of the other games like Space Marine or (lol) Fire Warrior will also pop up?

I'm currently tooting around with CG and it works perfectly. That's a god drat miracle considering how much of a bitch it was to run on anything after Win98.
Now I just need to remember how to open the doors on the first level of the campaign. :v:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Lodin posted:

I'm currently tooting around with CG and it works perfectly. That's a god drat miracle considering how much of a bitch it was to run on anything after Win98.
Now I just need to remember how to open the doors on the first level of the campaign. :v:

When you have a dude just in front of the door (or next to it, I can't remember), a button with a blue hand and a lever will be coloured in the UI.

I need to play that game again, GOG has produced a miracle and as soon as I get home, I'm going to throw money at them so hard my screen will explode.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
I still have the three codes for SimCity 2000: Special Edition, S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky, and Xenonauts. Happy to give them away to whoever, just message me. I *would* just post them here, but seriously, gently caress the snipers.

:ninja: All gone. :ninja:

NadaTooma fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 19, 2015

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

NadaTooma posted:

I still have the three codes for SimCity 2000: Special Edition, S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky, and Xenonauts. Happy to give them away to whoever, just message me. I *would* just post them here, but seriously, gently caress the snipers.

:ninja: Stalker gone, SimCity and Xenonauts left :ninja:

I hope that you get interest. I tried the exact same thing as you right now a few days into the summer sale, and I was only able to give away Xenonauts. After it ended, I put them in thread to significant interest, but fuckwads sniped them away without even saying thank you. It takes a right bastard to take something for free and not even leave a word of gratitude.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

NadaTooma posted:

I don't have PMs, but Xenonauts is pretty interesting, if no other goons want it. My username on Steam is Serperoth, same as here.

Does Galaxy have a messaging system?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

NadaTooma posted:

Do you have 3 copies of each game, or one each?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

NadaTooma posted:

Speaking of, thanks for Stalker!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Witcher 3 1.07 patch is up on GOG now.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

GreenNight posted:

Witcher 3 1.07 patch is up on GOG now.

Weird, I can't seem to connect to Galaxy right now.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Weird, I can't seem to connect to Galaxy right now.

Galaxy is overloaded. Download directly from GOG.com

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It turns out I've got a code for SC2000 from the promo. Gog interface tells me it never expires, gog's email tells me it burns on the 21st.

The code is
** - The abbreviation for YouTube
* -To *e or not to *e.
** - 69, plus whatever number the noun "score" means.
** - The abbreviation for whatever we stored lots of data on between the LaserDisc and the DVD.
* - The vowel you assume to be the most frequent letter when you're decrypting a Caesar cipher of a text in English.
** - The answer to the ultimate question, times two, add a Roman V.
** - Scientology claims some aliens were brought to Earth in spacecraft that looked like **-8.
* - A mainstream lucky number.
* - The English letter that looks like the 15th letter in the Russian alphabet, when counting from the end.

Go snipe.

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett
Uhh... here's my SimCity 2000 code: YTF476853D1DE4

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Commander Keenan posted:

Uhh... here's my SimCity 2000 code: YTF476853D1DE4

Thank you.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

SelenicMartian posted:

It turns out I've got a code for SC2000 from the promo. Gog interface tells me it never expires, gog's email tells me it burns on the 21st.

The code is
** - The abbreviation for YouTube
* -To *e or not to *e.
** - 69, plus whatever number the noun "score" means.
** - The abbreviation for whatever we stored lots of data on between the LaserDisc and the DVD.
* - The vowel you assume to be the most frequent letter when you're decrypting a Caesar cipher of a text in English.
** - The answer to the ultimate question, times two, add a Roman V.
** - Scientology claims some aliens were brought to Earth in spacecraft that looked like **-8.
* - A mainstream lucky number.
* - The English letter that looks like the 15th letter in the Russian alphabet, when counting from the end.

Go snipe.

The code is YOUARETHEWORST.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

what number does the noun 'score' mean? that doesn't make any sense

Sounds like you should work on your english before you try being cute

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Goons gettin mad at a dude giving away a game. :allears:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Mortimer posted:

It means 20. It's a bit archaic but you hear it in the Gettysburg Address ("four score and seven years ago...").

quote:

Full Definition of SCORE
or plural score
a : twenty
b : a group of 20 things —often used in combination with a cardinal number <fourscore>
c : an indefinitely large number

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Two of my favorite games are old Windows 95-era point-and-click adventure games by Sierra: Shivers and Shivers 2: Harvest of Souls. Because of their age, they're both 16-bit and the only way I can run them is in a VM. I'd love for them to be brought to GOG, and in fact they are on the wishlist, but at less than a thousand votes each, I have resigned myself to assuming it will never happen.

At the very least, one day I will get around to actually completing an LP of them.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Mortimer posted:

Sounds like you should work on your english before you try being cute

ulmont posted:

It means 20. It's a bit archaic but you hear it in the Gettysburg Address ("four score and seven years ago...").

Mortimer gettin' owned p. hard here

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

taiyoko posted:

Two of my favorite games are old Windows 95-era point-and-click adventure games by Sierra: Shivers and Shivers 2: Harvest of Souls. Because of their age, they're both 16-bit and the only way I can run them is in a VM. I'd love for them to be brought to GOG, and in fact they are on the wishlist, but at less than a thousand votes each, I have resigned myself to assuming it will never happen.

At the very least, one day I will get around to actually completing an LP of them.

That's actually something I've wanted to ask about for a while. There are a lot of games from the Sierra catalog that I would think GOG would be able to sell, but they still aren't available. I'd like to buy Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist or some of the games Dynamix did (Rise of the Dragon, Heart of China, etc.), but I have no idea why they haven't been made available.

Is there a reason why?

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
Gave away Stalker and Xenonauts, here's SimCity because I'm tired of fighting the tide. YT99125E7EF574

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Max Wilco posted:

That's actually something I've wanted to ask about for a while. There are a lot of games from the Sierra catalog that I would think GOG would be able to sell, but they still aren't available. I'd like to buy Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist or some of the games Dynamix did (Rise of the Dragon, Heart of China, etc.), but I have no idea why they haven't been made available.

Is there a reason why?

Not sure about the games you mentioned, but if they're like mine, it's probably because they need more work than "make a dosbox setup, done". Could just be low demand. If I knew anything about reverse-engineering, I'd try to do it myself if only so I can stop loving around with vms

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

NadaTooma posted:

Gave away Stalker and Xenonauts, here's SimCity because I'm tired of fighting the tide. YT99125E7EF574

I thought I had SimCity, but I didn't! Thanks for this. :unsmith:

Also apprently I have you on Steam already. And GOG does have a friends/chat thing.

pshea40
May 7, 2007
For anyone that doesn't have them:

Sim City 2000: YT5F64CEE075AC

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky: HTCF9A10F7ED36

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Is the GoG Galaxy client better about discovering games? I'm just trying to browse sci-fi games and now that mixes are gone, I can't really figure out how I'm supposed to just browse games in a genre outside the set list on the web page.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 22, 2015

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Rascyc posted:

Is the GoG Galaxy client better about discovering games? I'm just trying to browse sci-fi games and now that mixes are gone, I can't really figure out how I'm supposed to just browse games in a genre outside the set list on the web page.

Uh, what do you mean mixes are gone? They still show up fine for me.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Right I guess if you have a URL to a previously existing mix you can still access it, but I can't find like a list of those mixes anywhere that I can browse them.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

pshea40 posted:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky: HTCF9A10F7ED36

Cheers for posting those, but someone's grabbed this one already, FYI.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Rascyc posted:

Right I guess if you have a URL to a previously existing mix you can still access it, but I can't find like a list of those mixes anywhere that I can browse them.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=gog+sci-fi+mix
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=mix+site%3Awww.gog.com

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

pshea40 posted:

Sim City 2000: YT5F64CEE075AC

Grabbed this. Many thanks!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
GOG.com have pulled off another miracle - they've gotten Atari and Chaosium to play nice and release the two Call of Cthulhu adventure games from limbo: Shadow of the Comet and Prisoner of Ice.

Max Wilco posted:

Is there a reason why?

Besides possible runnability issues and possible lack of demand? Activision.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jul 23, 2015

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

BiggerJ posted:

GOG.com have pulled off another miracle - they've gotten Atari and Chaosium to play nice and release the two Call of Cthulhu adventure games from limbo: Shadow of the Comet and Prisoner of Ice.

:monocle: I never thought I"d see that. I wonder if they could toss up Dark Corners of the Earth at some point too? That would be boss to run on a modern machine.

Oops just lost 1d4/4 SAN.

E: apparently it's been on Steam, welp.

Peas and Rice fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jul 23, 2015

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dark Corners of the Earth on Steam is really buggy. I only could play it when it came out (retail), after upgrading my PC I never could play it again because is broken in several ways. There are some fan "fixes" and that stuff but is completely hit and miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Dark Corners of the Earth on Steam is really buggy. I only could play it when it came out (retail), after upgrading my PC I never could play it again because is broken in several ways. There are some fan "fixes" and that stuff but is completely hit and miss.

If I remember right, the PC port was a one man job done in his spare time as the development studio he belonged to closed down. It's amazing it even runs at all, frankly.