Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

why would a kid give a gently caress about a movie based on 80s references

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
cuz her daddy a giant manchild and raised her well

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Teenagers-25 year olds seem to like the 80's a lot even though they weren't around for it.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Alan Smithee posted:

cuz her daddy a giant manchild and raised her well

wow this is a nice turn around since the people getting all riled up about an obvious kid/family movie would be a manchild with no kids/family

haha, if i had a 6 year old they'd be a scientist

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Did Rob Schneider get his annual welfare casting in this flick or was there a different Sandler vehicle this year that'll act as his creative soup kitchen?

Also reports of a shooting at an LA theater are popping up just now. Betting it was some 80's kid sperg lord driven to rage by Pixels.

naem
May 29, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

Teenagers-25 year olds seem to like the 80's a lot even though they weren't around for it.

They did as recently as 2007 for about 6 months and everyone older than 25 has latched onto that 8 year old trend ever since

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

babypolis posted:

so basically they paid him a bunxh of money to fart around with his buddies and maybe steal another youtube video

He was basically doing the same poo poo over at Sony until they caught on and started noticing they weren't getting the return on Sandler's "vacations". Netflix wanted some original comedy content for their streaming service, so they were happy to pay a big name to produce it.

Thanks to the Sony hack, we know they were getting sick of his poo poo. If Pixels even makes a whole bunch of money, they're finished with him regardless because his last few movies were total bombs. One big hit wouldn't be enough to clear out all that red with them.

Fabulousity posted:

Did Rob Schneider get his annual welfare casting in this flick or was there a different Sandler vehicle this year that'll act as his creative soup kitchen?

Sandler's considered Schneider persona non grata in his movies after Schneider decided to work on a TV series (which still failed) over filming with him and then asking for more money to return. IIRC, it was both of them being horrible people, Sandler being vindictive but Schneider overinflating his worth.

kissing grandmas
Jun 10, 2013
i would rather piss myself and sit in the piss for two hours than see pixels

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
actually adam sandler seems like a nice guy that hooks up his buddies and many people that know him have said so, i would be his friend

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
me too,

*wants that carnival cruise money*

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Ramsus posted:

actually adam sandler seems like a nice guy that hooks up his buddies and many people that know him have said so, i would be his friend

Yeah, I think it says a lot about Adam Sandler that he stuck by his friends, even really unfunny ones like Rob Schneider. He also didn't use trollface illegally and apparently got permission to use trollface in a poster. He's a good, honest, regular Joe making movies that larger audiences really like.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Ramsus posted:

who wouldnt. no matter how much of afailure you are you are always guanranteed a few millions bucks a year in charity and even if you are a disgusting fatso whit 0 charisma in the movie your wife will be hot as gently caress

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
the only thing i question is when is it going to be enough, he must really like making lovely movies because he surely isn't strapped for cash

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Young Freud posted:

Sandler's considered Schneider persona non grata in his movies after Schneider decided to work on a TV series (which still failed) over filming with him and then asking for more money to return. IIRC, it was both of them being horrible people, Sandler being vindictive but Schneider overinflating his worth.

Schnedier is a really lovely person. I was sad to learn this.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Johnny Aztec posted:

Schnedier is a really lovely person. I was sad to learn this.

irl he is his beverly hillbillies character

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Ramsus posted:

the only thing i question is when is it going to be enough, he must really like making lovely movies because he surely isn't strapped for cash

he does it because he cares. david spades crack habit isnt going to pay for itself.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Ramsus posted:

Except he makes sure to degrade them throughout the movie, whereas he is always presented as being cool and successful and sarcastically snarking on everyone else. Which is weird because he made his name as a lovable loser. But I guess none of his stable of comedians would want to turn it down, except for chris rock who can do better but I guess just wants money.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Moon Atari posted:

Except he makes sure to degrade them throughout the movie, whereas he is always presented as being cool and successful and sarcastically snarking on everyone else. Which is weird because he made his name as a lovable loser. But I guess none of his stable of comedians would want to turn it down, except for chris rock who can do better but I guess just wants money.

I think that's just them being friends and playing around on each other. When Rob Schneider was making movies, he'd cast Sandler in him and have him be like this dumb toothless dude. It seems like it's just him and his buddies making films and goofing around, kind of like some kids do in their backyards. There's a certain charm to his films if you look at them like that.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Moon Atari posted:

but he always plays a retard himself, idgi

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Ramsus posted:

Hell there was that movie where he dressed up like a woman and made a total fool of himself the entire time, so I really don't get the complaint.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Ramsus posted:

Nah not in the modern films, he's always the cool rich guy with the hot wife, amongst a bunch of losers he keeps on retainer.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

burritolingus posted:

I think that's just them being friends and playing around on each other. When Rob Schneider was making movies, he'd cast Sandler in him and have him be like this dumb toothless dude. It seems like it's just him and his buddies making films and goofing around, kind of like some kids do in their backyards. There's a certain charm to his films if you look at them like that.

You can be naive and look at it like that, but it isn't like that. He is a literal scam artist who has conned millions of people out of their money to make himself and his friends a poo poo ton of money by putting out absolute garbage. If you look at that as a good value in someone's character then I question your morals.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You can be naive and look at it like that, but it isn't like that. He is a literal scam artist who has conned millions of people out of their money to make himself and his friends a poo poo ton of money by putting out absolute garbage. If you look at that as a good value in someone's character then I question your morals.

Whose money did he steal? Moviegoers know what kind of movies he makes. Some of them even like his movies.

Don't be so overly dramatic about some dumb flicks.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

i just watched Waterboy because it was on the showtime and man, what is it about adam sandlers uncanny ability to portray mentally challenged people?? like, i don't even know when he is acting and when he is just being himself

also rob schneider was paid like 40,000,000 dollars to yell out YOU CAN DO EET like 6 times, think about that real quick

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Does he still support Giuliani

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I wouldn't be surprised if Adam Sandler was running Happy Madison as a money laundering operation

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Beef Turret posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Adam Sandler was running Happy Madison as a money laundering operation

Adam Sandler is a lizardman.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

people who enjoy adam sandler movies are literal human garbage and should be lined up and shot into mass graves

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

adam sandler is the greatest indictment against lorne michaels possible, and there are many

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

TEAYCHES posted:

people who enjoy adam sandler movies are literal human garbage and should be lined up and shot into mass graves

Yeah gently caress people if they want to laugh at some dumb movie. We should all watch commie approved crap instead to gain your respect

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Beef Turret posted:

Yeah gently caress people if they want to laugh at some dumb movie. We should all watch commie approved crap instead to gain your respect

agreed, if they want light comedy maybe they should try jean-luc godard

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

adam sandler should direct snuff films

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

burritolingus posted:

Adam Sandler is a lizardman.

You seem to be very adamant about defending some Hollywood dude who you don't know and who's fee to star in a film is $20,000,000. Are... are you one of his friends in these movies?

TEAYCHES posted:

This guy knows what's up. All people who like Adam Sandler should be murdered. Wait no... their families should be murdered.

I don't like him because as I said before, he's a con man. He doesn't "steal" people's money. He cons them into giving him money. That's what a con is. He puts out crap movies for the sole purpose of turning a massive profit. There is no sort of redeeming quality to the films. Sure, people can like dumb movies and pay to see them and that's their decision. But what he does is far more nefarious and I don't like that.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Someone on my fartbook feed who bitches constantly about Ben affleck as batman and man of steel loved Pixels and is vehemently defending it

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

You seem to be very adamant about defending some Hollywood dude who you don't know and who's fee to star in a film is $20,000,000. Are... are you one of his friends in these movies?

Oh no, I've been found out!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I KNEW IT!

So like..... can you get me in one of the films?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

I don't like him because as I said before, he's a con man. He doesn't "steal" people's money. He cons them into giving him money. That's what a con is. He puts out crap movies for the sole purpose of turning a massive profit. There is no sort of redeeming quality to the films. Sure, people can like dumb movies and pay to see them and that's their decision. But what he does is far more nefarious and I don't like that.

He's not conning anyone out of their money, though. He provides exactly what he says he's going to provide, everyone knows what kind of movies he makes by this point, and some people really dig his movies. Hey, good on them for enjoying a dumb thing and having some fun in their lives.

It's like saying McDonalds is conning people because they make fast food and not gourmet cuisine.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

I KNEW IT!

So like..... can you get me in one of the films?

Maybe. Are you comfortable playing a mentally challenged person or a really racist stereotype?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
if you're eating mcdonalds and not wendy's you're only conning your self

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

He puts out crap movies for the sole purpose of turning a massive profit. There is no sort of redeeming quality to the films. Sure, people can like dumb movies and pay to see them and that's their decision. But what he does is far more nefarious and I don't like that.

Just because you don't like him doesn't mean that he's tricking people into giving him money. There's no fraud involved and all the ads for the movie deliver on the premise. The closest to some being scammed are the investors who took at big risk on an adam sandler vehicle and lost

• Locked thread