Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I do not hate Americans in fact I have had sex with a lot of American women turns out they dig British accents you see :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Jesus Christ posted:

uh you can openly drink on the streets in most european countries and don't have to be in some lovely parking lot

soccer is a loving stupid sport but you really should visit for the next world cup just for the partying afterward

What kind of person doesn't like tailgating? The gently caress is wrong with you? And I'm talking about good ol american football. Not fagball lmao

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

buddhanc posted:

And I'm talking about good ol american football. Not fagball lmao

bleep boop parsing error does not compute lol

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

rear end cobra posted:

bleep boop parsing error does not compute lol

I'm actually just mad about losing to jamaica and taking my anger out on gbs!!!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

America won the women's world cup this year, U S A U S A :toot:

Real "sorry" about your third-place finish, England :smug:

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

America won the women's world cup this year, U S A U S A :toot:

Real "sorry" about your third-place finish, England :smug:

i hate women almost as much as i hate soccer.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Average Canadian on the internet circa 1998-2008

http://www.toobis.com/index.html

Nowadays they tend to lay low.

Warthog
Mar 8, 2004
Ferkelwämser extraordinaire
- We're wary of people who speak only one language.
- People who don't speak their (not there, not they're) own language properly are not to be trusted.
- You constantly mix us up with Sweden... We're the ones with the chocolate, watches and enabling banks, they're blond and tall.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
We should join and become one nation, Switzerland. With your chocolate and banks and our Blondness and Ikeas, we would be unstoppable

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

buddhanc posted:

What kind of person doesn't like tailgating? The gently caress is wrong with you? And I'm talking about good ol american football. Not fagball lmao

hey, not making GBS threads on tailgating, it's good fun, I was just lolling about the dude that said that we in the US have the freedom to drink on a private parking lot during a sports event when you can drink wherever the gently caress whenever the gently caress you want almost everywhere on continental europe

and yah, I already said soccer is a poo poo sport in the post you quoted me on but the afterparties europe has blows anything the US has to offer out of the water, even after the superbowl

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Warthog posted:

- You constantly mix us up with Sweden... We're the ones with the chocolate, watches and enabling banks, they're blond and tall.

I have never heard of anyone doing this but it makes sense what with all the "sw" sounds

Zzulu posted:

We should join and become one nation, Switzerland. With your chocolate and banks and our Blondness and Ikeas, we would be unstoppable

See if you can get Swaziland in on the deal too!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

Don't do it Sweden

It's a motherfucking trap, they just want your sexy genes affordable furniture, you will gain nothing but 10 year old fondue

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Any European with any balls emigrated to the United States over 100 years ago. Today Europe is filled with the offspring of sniveling ball-less bootlickers, and aristocrats. It's basic genetics and common sense.

Also France lost like 60% of all their males in World War 1 so they had an entire generation raised by women and betas so of course they are all prissy, today.

GORDON fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jul 24, 2015

Fluo
May 25, 2007

SweetKarma posted:

How many wars has europe gone through? And they call us the war mongers. Bitches been fighting since Jesus times.

There Are Only 22 Countries in the World That the British Haven’t Invaded. So if you take in tbe rest of Europe I'm sure we've done alot.

But than again, 300 years is a long time for Anericans, 300 miles is a long distance for Europeans.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jul 24, 2015

Fluo
May 25, 2007

buddhanc posted:

im seeing the lions at Wembley in November

Fluo fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jul 24, 2015

Warthog
Mar 8, 2004
Ferkelwämser extraordinaire

Fluo posted:

Why is that rugby player dressed up as a robot?

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

GORDON posted:

Any European with any balls emigrated to the United States over 100 years ago. Today Europe is filled with the offspring of sniveling ball-less bootlickers, and aristocrats. It's basic genetics and common sense.

Also France lost like 60% of all their males in World War 1 so they had an entire generation raised by women and betas so of course they are all prissy, today.

not only that but we keep getting the entrepreneurs and people who actually give a gently caress about bettering their lives, from asia, africa and south america. open the borders imo.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

not only that but we keep getting the entrepreneurs and people who actually give a gently caress about bettering their lives, from asia, africa and south america. open the borders imo.

We live in houses older than your country.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
They just jello no one is very going to right a song called "Real European Union Citizen"

https://youtu.be/RKM1AAzeRCg

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fluo posted:

You guys keep getting either horrible games between two bad teams or horrible matchups between one bad team and one really good one. I apologize to all Brits on behalf of America for showing you such lovely football :( I apologize specifically for showing you the Jacksonville Jaguars so many times. Nobody needs to see that.

Jets/Dolphins should be good, but if you're not a fan of either of those teams you probably don't know why exactly. Steelers/Vikings was probably a good game, and in 2008 you got Chargers/Saints which must have been awesome, but every other matchup appears to have sucked

Fluo posted:

We live in houses older than your country.

that sounds awful honestly, new houses are the best

Fluo
May 25, 2007

loquacius posted:

You guys keep getting either horrible games between two bad teams or horrible matchups between one bad team and one really good one. I apologize to all Brits on behalf of America for showing you such lovely football :( I apologize specifically for showing you the Jacksonville Jaguars so many times. Nobody needs to see that.

Jets/Dolphins should be good, but if you're not a fan of either of those teams you probably don't know why exactly. Steelers/Vikings was probably a good game, and in 2008 you got Chargers/Saints which must have been awesome, but every other matchup appears to have sucked

that sounds awful honestly, new houses are the best

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

loquacius posted:

I went to London about a month and a half ago, and I really liked the way just about any pub would be filled with people who just got off work having a drink with their friends at like 5:15, but most of the pubs themselves were awful. Small selection of bad beers. I've been spoiled by the American craft beer scene. British beer, when not watery and flavorless, is just bitter, and I understand you guys do it on purpose (sometimes it's even called "bitter") but I don't like it, at all. The beer in Amsterdam was far, far superior, and about half of it was American imports.

For the first time in history, American beer is better than European beer :boom:

im gonna be serious here for one moment and 100% agree with person. every place i went in the british isles had great attitudes about drinking. the problem is the variety and quality of the beer. i forgive them though really because i had a great time drinking all day and being looked down upon for being from the US.

also why do all pubs close at like 1:00 or 2:00 am or even earlier sometimes? by that point after drinking essentially three two beer for 8-10 hours i was finally starting to get drunk and then all the bars closed.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

also why do all pubs close at like 1:00 or 2:00 am or even earlier sometimes? by that point after drinking essentially three two beer for 8-10 hours i was finally starting to get drunk and then all the bars closed.

That's when you take the night ferry (think drunk bus) to Oostende for some real beer.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Did u knows: some Europeans are so stupid that they still have kings? Despite Liberty being invented 239 years ago, there are still kings in that sad place called Europe. France, however, quickly adopted Liberty. Great jorb France!

Fluo
May 25, 2007

im gonna be serious here for one moment and 100% agree with person. every place i went in the british isles had great attitudes about drinking. the problem is the variety and quality of the beer. i forgive them though really because i had a great time drinking all day and being looked down upon for being from the US.

The quality ranges beer wise because with cask beer 50% of the work is on tbe brewer, 50% is on cellar work, some pubs either cant do a good turn over and will sell off beer or they dont underdtand how to look after caks so serve it through some dirty line as they 99% of the time sell carlin or guinness anyway et , they tend to be dives you avoid or just have keg at anyway. It's knowing the pubs etc.

Most pubs here close between 11pm -3am, normally because with UK pubs you have lunch time / office crowd at 12, then people finish work vefore going home at 4pm-8pm then students and peoe having a booze up after that, we have 24hour drink laws so in theory pubs could be open 24/7 but you'll find most pubs which aren't chains the person who runs the pub upstairs and needs to have a decent sleep / clean up / cellar management and such. For example a feiend who owns / runs an ale pub closes at 11:30pm, goes to some of the later pubs, gets home sleep at 3am wakes up at 10am to sort out the pub ready for lunch open.

If you're ever over here again I can show you places to go and places to avoid. :)

if you're doing thd session beer banter day thing, make sure to have a few cheeky strong ones in tbe evening otherwise yeah you are just abit buzzed

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Going to a pub with 6 - 8 real ales on good fresh fast turn over and a few kegged micro is great.

Most tend to have atleast 2 or 4 session beers; a few from 5-7 then a strong one

Imperial russian stout with morello cherries :swoon:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Somehow not a single one of the pubs we went into in London had stout of any kind on tap, with the exception of an oyster shack in Borough Market. I was v unsatisfied with my stout experience. :colbert:

On the other hand we did go to multiple gin bars that were frankly excellent.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

loquacius posted:

Somehow not a single one of the pubs we went into in London had stout of any kind on tap, with the exception of an oyster shack in Borough Market. I was v unsatisfied with my stout experience. :colbert:

On the other hand we did go to multiple gin bars that were frankly excellent.

You gotta know what pubs to go to in london

If you're in uk again a 1hour train to bristol wnd ill make sure you have all the many stouts

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

honestly thank you. the brits i was hanging with didn't know how to answer those questions. they also didn't know where any good drinking spots were and left it up to me to guess every time. i def wanna go back because i didn't get to see scotland or wales.

i did see a quaint mugging go down in dublin. just a very polite and gentle face punch from some youths on an old man and they took his wallet and ran. no knifings or cursing or kicks when down. the guys nose didnt even bloody. i wouldnt have been surprised if they wouldve helped him up first before they ran. :ireland:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

honestly thank you. the brits i was hanging with didn't know how to answer those questions. they also didn't know where any good drinking spots were and left it up to me to guess every time. i def wanna go back because i didn't get to see scotland or wales.

i did see a quaint mugging go down in dublin. just a very polite and gentle face punch from some youths on an old man and they took his wallet and ran. no knifings or cursing or kicks when down. the guys nose didnt even bloody. i wouldnt have been surprised if they wouldve helped him up first before they ran. :ireland:

Sorry for all the typos, speed typing on phones :negative:

Well if ever in UK again stop in at Bristol, its on the way to Wales and pretty much right next to it (just go over the Seven Bridge etc).

Can drive you over if im not working that day too, be aware North Wales is pretty much all little villages, and always the joke of them all speaking English, non Welsh dude walks in and they all start talking Welsh haha

South Wales is alot friendlier and better beer. Also you'd get to try real cider / scrumpy from the West Country.

Scotland is pretty great but outsidw Glasgow and Edinburgh you will mostly find whisky. Like Campbell Town there is five whisky distilleries for every brewery haha

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011
Youreapeons hate Ameriguns because Ameriguns stopped them from killing each other in generational genocide parties. Kinda dropped the ball with Yugoslavia, but that should've been Russia's responsibility anyway.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Huskalator posted:

I can't wait till the MLS is the best soccer league in the world and then domination of the dirty Euros in all aspects of life will be complete.

You won't be alive to see it. Nor will your great-grandchildren, most likely.

Given Canada is the Best North American country, and France is the Best European country, the only conclusion to be made is that Quebec is The Best Place on Planet Earth. You can close the thread now, OP.

Empereur Norton
Feb 28, 2013
Last week I had to get in between an American lady and an old woman on the bus. The American lady was very rude and also loud. And fat.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Empereur Norton posted:

Last week I had to get in between an American lady and an old woman on the bus. The American lady was very rude and also loud. And fat.

She was Canadian.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Warthog posted:

Why is that rugby player dressed up as a robot?

So they can justify high velocity hits which get big ratings and big employment gains for physical therapists.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
drat, I'm here in California and just can stand out on my balcony and look up at that beautiful moon. A part of the celestial body that man has dreamed about some even worshiped since the dawn of time. Wow.

Can you imagine actually touching it? Like literally touching it, even walking on it?

6 people have actually, in fact they've even played golf(!) on it

What country were they all from? I can't remember. I think there is even a flag planted up there whose was it again?

Anyone??

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
The third world country of the Fartnited Shits of Assmerica

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
There are basically two countries who space programs matter. AMERICA and a bunch of loving slavs. How do you feel about that Europe? The slavs are better than you

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
It's a much less impressive accomplishment when you realize that Americans had the resources of two continents to play with, gained by exterminating natives through biological warfare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
America, 1 genocide, europue? Well uh, what do you say about all of Africa and the middle East and Asia?

Edit: plus their own genocide against the Jews and their continued one against the Roma

• Locked thread