Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oxidation
May 22, 2011
So Galio's up to a 56% winrate. Anyone have any success with him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

oxidation posted:

So Galio's up to a 56% winrate. Anyone have any success with him?

Is it just he can stack even more MR now and get even more AP because of the itemisation changes? He's always been pretty good toplane or mid, just hella boring to play.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Drone_Fragger posted:

Is it just he can stack even more MR now and get even more AP because of the itemisation changes? He's always been pretty good toplane or mid, just hella boring to play.

Yeah, basically. Stronger AP = stronger Galio. Plus, no one knows what he does.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

I wouldn't read a ton into that statistic - he has the highest win rate top lane but also the lowest pick rate. There's less than 400 games on him in that data set.

I love Galio, but he needs to be picked into specific enemy teams, usually as a fifth pick. If the enemy doesn't have at least three magic-damage champs I wouldn't pick him period, and even then I'm usually only comfortable playing him if they show up with four.

If you do pick him into that comp though, and you have a way to initiate beyond just flash-ult (Kalista, Tahm, another champ that can stun or distract long enough to get you into the fray) or they don't have a way to stop you from walking directly into their team, he's a beast.

The reason his win rate is so high is because the only time he really shows up in games is when he gets picked into heavy magic-damage enemy comps. If you first or second pick him or something, or pick him into a team of AD, it's probably going to be a mess.

Edit:

If you know what you're doing on him, and pick him properly, he's a monster. Unfortunately, the circumstances when you should pick him are pretty rare, which is why he still barely has any games on him despite Galio masters having an absurd winrate with him.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 25, 2015

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
have a friend who likes to play Galio for shits and giggles, he loses a lot more games as a result

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Riot originally made TF to be charming rogue type of character, then Graves' lore made TF an absolute rear end in a top hat who sold out his best friend who trusted him. In this event they're backpedalling to make it so TF is still dodgy but didn't just sell out Graves without remorse, and Graves is pissed off because he's ~stubborn~ rather than him being entirely justified to kill TF on sight for backstabbing him.

TF is portrayed as a charming cheat. Two things he says in game are "cheater is just a fancy word for winner" and "never lost a fair game. Or played one." He's a remorseless con artist. He teamed up with Graves because Graves was just as good of a con as he was. Pretty sure TF being able to use the card magic he does was because of some gamble he took and it's hinted that he betrayed Graves to get that chance.

There's no way that TF is a nice guy.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Those are also lines that were added in after his rework

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
TF is just a fancy Mage that does the oppa Gangnam style dance

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

ToxicSlurpee posted:

TF is portrayed as a charming cheat. Two things he says in game are "cheater is just a fancy word for winner" and "never lost a fair game. Or played one." He's a remorseless con artist. He teamed up with Graves because Graves was just as good of a con as he was. Pretty sure TF being able to use the card magic he does was because of some gamble he took and it's hinted that he betrayed Graves to get that chance.

There's no way that TF is a nice guy.

This was in fact his original story, yes. TF wanted to use magic so badly that he was willing to swindle and hurt people for the chance, until he did a solid to a doctor who did a wacko procedure on him and imbued him with his powers. The new lore has no mention of said doc though, so apparently his magic is now innate. If anything, TF IS nicer now, but mostly because he has no overriding obsession for acquiring magic and he just swindles fuckers. It's not really a backpedal so much as a refocus, I think.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Btw there's a secret Taric build that makes him viable

and by viable i mean a hilarious level of lane bully

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
the secret is to max stun first, don't take any points in heal, and then just walk at them while rushing 40% cdr

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

At first I thought it was good that Elise got buffs but then I got to play against Elise and I would like Riot to nerf her into the ground again.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
i really don't understand why they did such a good job of doing subtle changes for champs, and then continue to do kneejerk massive buffs like this. At least give her these changes over a few patches a third at a time.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Awhile ago they were good at just tweaking things a tiny little bit up or down without dumpstering or overbuffing, but lately been a lot of champs swinging wildly between the two.

Might be the patches every 2 weeks instead of every 3-4.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
gems
http://matchhistory.lan.leagueoflegends.com/es/#match-details/LA1/187508659/203229087?tab=overview
http://matchhistory.lan.leagueoflegends.com/es/#match-details/LA1/187510090/34336434

Every game is bloody
Every game is worth

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
gently caress Elise.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I like Tahm, and would like him to actually be good, right now he does pretty well during laning because while skirmishing you can slowly build up stacks of your passive on someone, but once laning ends fights are over too fast for you to stick to anyone to 3 stack them, good luck waddling after a Yi or Trynd to get 3 stacks on them to start stunning them, rooting yourself in place to use the Q.

I think if he only needed 2 hits to fully stack by level 11, and 1 hit to fully stack by 16, he would be much more effective because that passive is pretty much impossible to use quickly enough in a 5vs5.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I like Tahm, and would like him to actually be good, right now he does pretty well during laning because while skirmishing you can slowly build up stacks of your passive on someone, but once laning ends fights are over too fast for you to stick to anyone to 3 stack them, good luck waddling after a Yi or Trynd to get 3 stacks on them to start stunning them, rooting yourself in place to use the Q.

I think if he only needed 2 hits to fully stack by level 11, and 1 hit to fully stack by 16, he would be much more effective because that passive is pretty much impossible to use quickly enough in a 5vs5.

Check today's LCS matches. There was some pretty convincing toplane Tahm Kench play. Turns out he can do some really legit initiation from there.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
CrunchE: report quinn please
CrunchE: she called me a nigg*r
Tonetta: shut up karthus no she didnt
viperking23: wooooooooooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhh
viperking23: i can report u for that now
CrunchE: for what
CrunchE: human being quinn
CrunchE: go play bots
CrunchE: stupidass friend of the family

forgot why i stopped playing this game but now i remember

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Tonetta posted:

There is nothing redeemable about it. Never second guess yourself.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hey that's looking better already!

quote:

Nidalee
Prowl (Passive) duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4.
Javelin Toss (Human Q) reduced to 50/70/90/110/130 from 50/75/100/125/150
[Note: This reduces the maximum damage to 150/210/270/330/390 from 150/225/300/375/450]
On the right track here.

quote:

Sivir
On the Hunt (R)
Initial movement speed reduced to 30/45/60% from 60% at all ranks
Cast Range reduced to 900 from 1000
Tooltip now notes "Allies that join the hunt later on will only receive a 20% Movement Speed bonus for the rest of On The Hunt's duration."

Not sure this was needed. Admittedly though I do main Sivir so I have a completely unbiased view here.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

"Almost every ADC except for Sivir sucks now. There's only one way to fix this." :tbear:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is Tahm's ult the only ult in the game that automatically danger pings the enemy team 5 seconds ahead of his arrival?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Flipswitch posted:

Not sure this was needed. Admittedly though I do main Sivir so I have a completely unbiased view here.

It was; she will still be really good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't think that Sivir is out of context too good, just with RG and Talisman active that is a lot of full team engage you can pile up. I think bringing some more ADCs up to viability and doing something about the outrageous Talisman CD timer would have been more sensible.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Transient People posted:

Check today's LCS matches. There was some pretty convincing toplane Tahm Kench play. Turns out he can do some really legit initiation from there.

What a surprise. He was good before the buff. The buff doesn't bump him into great range, but he was always capable of destroying tanks in top lane, and if you manage to get 40% cdr somehow, that is a 2 second stun on a 3.6 second cooldown. The marks don't disappear until you devour them. Top and jungle Kench are very good.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Tonetta posted:

CrunchE: report quinn please
CrunchE: she called me a nigg*r
Tonetta: shut up karthus no she didnt
viperking23: wooooooooooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhh
viperking23: i can report u for that now
CrunchE: for what
CrunchE: human being quinn
CrunchE: go play bots
CrunchE: stupidass friend of the family

lol

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

"Almost every ADC except for Sivir sucks now. There's only one way to fix this." :tbear:
only kalista may reign

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
So how long until they nerf every ADC so hard that Thresh becomes the best ADC accidentally?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Take Zed mid and Azir bot.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I made a script that automatically types /mute all when I get into a game

Maybe that's your problem Tonetta, lack of coding skills

Been having a blast since I made it

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Gibberish posted:

with lyte suggesting that people just un-bind their enter key, i wish there was just an option to turn off chat entirely. i'd probably try that just to see.

i also wish we had voice chat just for the fun of hearing angry 12 year olds but there's probably some dumb statistic about how it increases toxicity by 33.3% or some dumbass poo poo

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Flipswitch posted:

Hey that's looking better already!

On the right track here.

They're going to keep hacking away at Sivirs ult until its useless and there's no reason to pick her any more, arent they?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Lovechop posted:

with lyte suggesting that people just un-bind their enter key, i wish there was just an option to turn off chat entirely. i'd probably try that just to see.

i also wish we had voice chat just for the fun of hearing angry 12 year olds but there's probably some dumb statistic about how it increases toxicity by 33.3% or some dumbass poo poo

Not too far off

Lyte posted:

At Riot, we’re pretty hardcore gamers. Many of us have lived and breathed games like Counterstrike for many years of our lives. Given the features games like these have, every so often, there’s a heated discussion within Riot about voice chat – should we build it in League of Legends? Would it improve the player experience for the average player? Why do some games choose not to integrate voice chat, while others do? Rioters often debate for hours about the pros and cons of voice chat, so we decided to more deeply investigate the impact of voice chat. Every time the discussion comes up, we add a little bit more research to the mix and learn a little bit more about voice chat’s impact on online games.

Due to the recent rise of 3rd party voice chat applications, we decided to take a moment to share some of our findings and explain why we haven’t implemented voice chat in League of Legends, but also why we haven’t closed the doors on it being possible in the future.

Do players want this feature?

One of the critical things I want to highlight is the difference between integrated voice chat with strangers, versus with friends. We often survey League of Legends players on whether they prefer to use voice chat with friends, and over 79% of players agree that it’s a more enjoyable way to play League of Legends. But when you ask League of Legends players whether they prefer to use voice chat with strangers, the agree rate drops to 50%: 1 in 2 players do not want to voice chat with strangers, or don’t care. More importantly, 28% of players disagree. When looking at numbers like these, we have to carefully consider that adding voice chat would actually create an unwanted experience for just over 1 in 4 players. Meanwhile, players who want voice chat already enjoy it with friends using other voice options.

These numbers might seem different than results from online polls or general threads you’ve seen here on the forums, but there are two important variables at play. One, players that tend to visit online forums or communities are a unique subset of the League of Legends population. Two, online polls or questions about voice chat rarely distinguish the difference between voice chatting with friends versus strangers. If you just ask the question “Do you want voice chat in League of Legends?”, most players answer the question through their perspective. Players that prefer to voice chat with strangers say “Yes!”, but so do players that prefer voice chat with friends, leading to bloated numbers and inaccurate perceptions.

What’s the player experience like?

With the recent surge of 3rd party voice chat applications, we were able to do some neat data analysis on the impact of voice chat to the League of Legends experience. We were especially curious as to whether or not these applications created a more enjoyable experience in games where there was voice chat between strangers.

One of the things about voice chat is that more often than not, you end up with games where only a few of the players opt into the application, and the rest are still using text. In our analysis, we found that text-based communication in games where only some of the teammates were in voice chat had up to 126% more racism, sexism, homophobia, and verbal abuse that we all agree have no place in League. Not surprisingly, we also saw that players who were using voice chat with strangers received 47% more reports than your baseline League player.

There have also been a few concerning studies about gender cues and voice chat in other popular, competitive online games. For example, a published paper from Ohio University showed that just giving a cue or sign that you’re a woman on voice chat leads to 300% more negative comments compared to a male voice, or no voice at all.

TLDR:

At the end of the day, voice chat with friends is a great experience, and what League of Legends players actually want. Many players already use voice chat like Skype and Ventrilo with their friends and that’s awesome. But, a system that automatically or easily puts you into voice chat with strangers leads to 126% more toxicity and 47% more reports even when players can opt-out of the experience or mute each other.

Hopefully this gives players more insight into how we think about voice chat.

Lyte

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Servaetes posted:

Not too far off

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Gibberish posted:

actually that's the post game chat I came back to so muting in game doesn't solve that

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Maybe if someone at Riot had a phd in codingscience they would have fixed the fact that postgame chat (the angriest chat) doesnt check to see if you muted someone ingame

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Alright League of Legends you...uh...you just keep doing your thing, there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

PhD in wife ditched this psycho

• Locked thread