Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
360 emulation is just now starting to become a possibility. Still at the earliest stages tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Mak0rz posted:

lmao what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-xYac4ODKY

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

lmao what?

I think there are 360 emulators in the sense that there are PS3 emulators, they can probably only do things like run the menus of indie games at 2 FPS.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

can't you emulate n64 and 360 games for free now?

N64 emulation is terrible.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I didnt think it was possible to break Sonic 06 any more than it already was

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mr E posted:

N64 emulation is terrible.

Can't even get Banjo-Tooie working right.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
Bought a DS4 for my PSTV because the DS3 is a trash controller, feels good to hold two dildos while I play Persona 4.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

I'm not going to read this just to let you know

:agreed:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

fruitpunch posted:

Bought a DS4 for my PSTV because the DS3 is a trash controller, feels good to hold two dildos while I play Persona 4.

Yes, pstv almost requires a DS4. Make sure to turn touch on

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
One of the voice actresses who did Chie recently did an Olive Garden commercial in the Chie voice....

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

One of the voice actresses who did Chie is now doing an Olive Garden commercial in the Chie voice....

does olive garden have grilled steak?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Real hurthling! posted:

does olive garden have grilled steak?

I don't know I never have eaten there.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Isn't every chain restaurant obligated to serve steak?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
the problem with 360 emulation on the bone is, if it is to be believed, it has the wrong kind of ram, hth

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

bloodychill posted:

the problem with 360 emulation on the bone is, if it is to be believed, it has the wrong kind of ram, hth

God drat *Xbox CEO Man's Name Here*, why didn't you just use a different kind of RAM. the right kind ... :sigh:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Can't wait for the Xbox One to be 50 bucks. I always pick up consoles when they reach that area of price.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Can't wait for the Xbox One to be 50 bucks. I always pick up consoles when they reach that area of price.

bring a friend its very heavy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Taint Reaper posted:

so you'll be picking one up next Christmas, then

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The only 360 games I care about are basically Banjo Kazooie/tooie, perfect dark, and re4 at this point. First three are covered on the rare collection and re4 will probably be ported to the bone anyway like it was with every other system on earth so I'm content not playing it again

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Mak0rz posted:

The only 360 games I care about are basically Banjo Kazooie/tooie, perfect dark, and re4 at this point. First three are covered on the rare collection and re4 will probably be ported to the bone anyway like it was with every other system on earth so I'm content not playing it again

I wish 360 emulation comes sooner than later, my org 360 red ringed in 2011 and I never got another. I miss Blue Dragon and LO.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

theultimo posted:

I wish 360 emulation comes sooner than later, my org 360 red ringed in 2011 and I never got another. I miss Blue Dragon and LO.

Was Blue Dragon any good? I remember wanting to play it and never actually did

Don't even really remember what it was beyond "RPG, with some J, that DBZ guy might have been involved???"

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Don't even really remember what it was beyond "RPG, with some J, that DBZ guy might have been involved???"

It had a rad soundtrack but eh otherwise.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

which already existed of course in chrono trigger. blue dragon was an attempt by MS to appeal to the Japanese market because they're idiots

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

well yes

admittedly kid me didn't make that CT/DBZ connection for a LONG time

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Not to mention Dragon Quest, Toriyama's main JRPG gig.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mr E posted:

It had a rad soundtrack but eh otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ykw0BlcM7I

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
So Half Life 3 development is Valve's rubber room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50lSIaSR3zc&hd=1

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

who cares

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
Is The Know a video version of kotaku? Their videos seem worried about cars being hacked!!!!, pc gaming killing games!?!?, and is reddit doomed?!?!

clickbait garbage

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Cardboard Box A posted:

So Half Life 3 development is Valve's rubber room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50lSIaSR3zc&hd=1

The ME3 logic is flawed. I get that Valve might think it but there are other big games with heavy expectations that have come out and not earned the amount of vitriol that ME3 did. It wasn't a vocal minority like with Bioshock Infinite or DA:I. The ending was universally panned. And that poo poo was paired with Sim City, another extremely hyped-up universally panned game. EA earned their scorn from that couple of years.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I believe it. Valve really aren't as good at making games as most of their fans think they are. Don't get me wrong, Portal 2 was great but imagine if Half-Life 3 was about on the level of quality as Left 4 Dead 2? There'd be death threats, no question about it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Great Joe posted:

I believe it. Valve really aren't as good at making games as most of their fans think they are. Don't get me wrong, Portal 2 was great but imagine if Half-Life 3 was about on the level of quality as Left 4 Dead 2? There'd be death threats, no question about it.

I dunno, I think people were pretty forgiving of the people involved in Duke Nukem Forever, and that game was wayyy worse.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Blister posted:

Is The Know a video version of kotaku? Their videos seem worried about cars being hacked!!!!, pc gaming killing games!?!?, and is reddit doomed?!?!

clickbait garbage

Those titles make me loving cringe..... but the worst part is that they work on some people.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I dunno, I think people were pretty forgiving of the people involved in Duke Nukem Forever, and that game was wayyy worse.
Yeah, but then that came out before Mass Effect 3. This practise of forming hate mobs against anyone who even mildly inconveniences you is a recent development, but it's very powerful.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I liked L4D2.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Great Joe posted:

Yeah, but then that came out before Mass Effect 3. This practise of forming hate mobs against anyone who even mildly inconveniences you is a recent development, but it's very powerful.

I really think that was born of a genuine investment in the story and characters, on a level that Half-life can't match.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Great Joe posted:

ME3 was 3 years ago, and there have been plenty of sequels since then that haven't lived up to their predecessors (regardless of their actual quality). It seems a bit strange to blame it on that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

To be honest, a lot of the mass effect issue was reviewers blowing the negative reaction out of proportion and then inexplicably trying to explain to the people who'd purchased the game that they were wrong to not like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

At first I thought ME3 whiners were just being typical gamers. Then I actually played the game a couple years later when it was cheap. After seeing the extended ending I thought it was merely mediocre. Then I watched the original ending.

I'm not even a huge fan of the series but lol at whoever thought the original ending was shippable.

• Locked thread