Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Rhyno posted:

Like 14" can't find and remove a transponder.

Like a Chrysler electrical system is capable of running a transponder for two years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

8ender posted:

Like a Chrysler electrical system is capable of running a transponder for two years

I think this is more accurate.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
My roommate has a PT GT and loves it. Legit thinks it's hot poo poo. "It's got a turbo, man!"

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
While I was at lunch yesterday some dude rolled up in an HHR and it reminded me of this thread. It also got me thinking of just how on point the PT cruiser actually was. It was supposed to be a throwback to the what, 30s? 40s? Chrysler actually was more successful than they ever hoped to be. Not only does the car resemble something made 80 years ago, but it also performed like one made 80 years ago.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Coming to the door of the tomb in which I had fallen, I shoved the rockfall aside with great effort and stepped out, bloodied, silk dress shirt torn, into what turned out to be a highway parking area.

Seeing me, a girl dressed like a 1970s Tom Baker - the fashion at the time, I assumed - fell on her rear end and scooted backwards, screaming in half-understood high pitched Japanese. She covered her face so as not to make eye contact with my visage, not wanting to share in my burden.

The dust started to clear. The earthquake sirens were still going off, and the adrenaline-comedown shaking that started in my arms had reached my knees. I felt faint, but I struggled onward through the cloud of rubble dust, in search of rationality, a concrete basis on which to pin my future hopes and dreams.

It must have been quite a sight for the PT Cruiser Touge Club when I emerged from the gently-burning cloud of concrete ash into their parking area. The survivors were already overwhelmed with caring for the dead and dying, and the return of what I was rapidly determining to be the true source of their discomfort inflicted an additional psychic wound that popped the human equivalent of many of their head gaskets.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 17, 2015

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I worked with a girl that owed a bunch of money on a PT cruiser and was behind on payments, but it was a piece of junk. Her dad put literally five thousand dollars into the thing to get it into good shape, and two weeks later they repossessed it. They repoed it guys.

She wasn't that smart, and I guess the tree that she fell off of wasn't either.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

When you have to put that much money into a vehicle you're still paying off, you've made a poor purchase decision.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

rndmnmbr posted:

When you have to put that much money into a vehicle you're still paying off, you've made a poor purchase decision.

If you have that amount of money to repair something you're still paying off you should have just bought something for cash.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

metallicaeg posted:

My roommate has a PT GT and loves it. Legit thinks it's hot poo poo. "It's got a turbo, man!"

They have a good drivetrain. Tell him to buy a neon srt4 with a blown engine.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Sometimes I head out to the Fred Meyer and just look at it for a whIle :sigh:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

14 INCH SLIT posted:

You know you want it. Strip out the turbo V6, put a LSx under it. Just like what most people do to XJ6/12 Jaguars.

Savington
Apr 9, 2007
I'm not Stinkmeister, this title is here so waar can tell the difference between Stinkmeister and myself in mafia games.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

YES YES YES :f5: :italy:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

You Am I posted:

You know you want it. Strip out the turbo V6, put a LSx under it. Just like what most people do to XJ6/12 Jaguars.

I don't think you "get" the point. And don't get excited, it's more like a pilgrimage than a foreshadowing for now. I must pay my respects to the Great Old One who lies dormant in undeath.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Seat Safety Switch posted:

PT Cruiser Touge Club

Lol

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Scale the fence. Crawl past the barbed wire.

Free the beast from its prison.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
What's the asking price on that thing again?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

M.Ciaster posted:

Scale the fence. Crawl past the barbed wire.

Free the beast from its prison.

Bring a flatbed.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Panty Saluter posted:

Bring a flatbed.

Yeah I was gonna say. It's not like this fucker runs. Or will run without a whole load of cash and suffering thrown its way.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

14 INCH SLIT posted:

In Glen Burnie, Maryland, there is a run-down service station called Country Club Automotive. Completely typical archetype - four pumps in two rows, four service bays, a varying number of broken down or awaiting-service cars parked on the side lot.

As a friend of a friend of the shop owner's son, I used to spend some time there. Either helping out after-hours on project cars, or just bumming around the shop, shootin' the poo poo with the boys.

That service station had a secret, however. The owner was a traveling service guy for Maserati back in the 80s, until they left the US. When they pulled out, he opened CCA and offered services to all his old clients. Around the timeframe I hung out there, the entire rear yard was FULL of Biturbos, Quattroporte IIs and IIIs, sometimes even a Merak or a Spyder. There was a small area at the back of the shop, behind a drop-cloth hung on a shelving unit, that housed an engine or two up on stands with a shelf of various other 80s Maserati components. 80s masochistic bliss.

At one point, he had a bigger influx of Mazzes than his back lot could accommodate in the fenced-in back lot, so he parked some of them on the side lot. I was helping my friend strip down his project 912 in one of the bays, when an old lady who shouldn't have been on the road got confused by a person turning onto the road (in the opposite direction she was traveling, not cutting her off or anything), jumped the curb, narrowly missed one of the pumps, and slammed into five cars. Some busted old Chevy truck a rusted-out Honda, and three 80s Maseratis.

What a goddamn waste.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Sigma X posted:

Some busted old Chevy truck a rusted-out Honda, and three 80s Maseratis.

What a goddamn waste.

They were 80's Maseratis. The chances of them running anytime before they turned into rust flakes was slim-to-none. No great loss.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

This got me. Very good

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

Sigma X posted:

In Glen Burnie, Maryland, there is a run-down service station called Country Club Automotive. Completely typical archetype - four pumps in two rows, four service bays, a varying number of broken down or awaiting-service cars parked on the side lot.

As a friend of a friend of the shop owner's son, I used to spend some time there. Either helping out after-hours on project cars, or just bumming around the shop, shootin' the poo poo with the boys.

That service station had a secret, however. The owner was a traveling service guy for Maserati back in the 80s, until they left the US. When they pulled out, he opened CCA and offered services to all his old clients. Around the timeframe I hung out there, the entire rear yard was FULL of Biturbos, Quattroporte IIs and IIIs, sometimes even a Merak or a Spyder. There was a small area at the back of the shop, behind a drop-cloth hung on a shelving unit, that housed an engine or two up on stands with a shelf of various other 80s Maserati components. 80s masochistic bliss.

At one point, he had a bigger influx of Mazzes than his back lot could accommodate in the fenced-in back lot, so he parked some of them on the side lot. I was helping my friend strip down his project 912 in one of the bays, when an old lady who shouldn't have been on the road got confused by a person turning onto the road (in the opposite direction she was traveling, not cutting her off or anything), jumped the curb, narrowly missed one of the pumps, and slammed into five cars. Some busted old Chevy truck a rusted-out Honda, and three 80s Maseratis.

What a goddamn waste.

I doubt any of em are still there. Its apparently a sunoco station now. I could always cruise by and check I suppose.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Veeb0rg posted:

I doubt any of em are still there. Its apparently a sunoco station now. I could always cruise by and check I suppose.

They're not, the former owner "retired" to a boat or something and it's just a normal service station now.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Earlier today, I drove past a PT Cruiser with its hood up and smoke pouring out and thought of you, 14 inch.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

bolind posted:

What's the asking price on that thing again?

The seller is offering to give him $500 to take it away.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Panty Saluter posted:

Bring a flatbed.

The beast shall awaken, in time.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
In his house in B'llard dead Masraati lies dreaming.

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX21G_s4BpU

All of my homegrown PCs have been named “Beastbox.” I think it applies better here.

lyrics.wikia.com posted:

Its shape tells us plainly
Time inside is curved
It holds elvis presley's body
Perfectly preserved

When kennedy came with monroe
Late in '55
The senator carved their names
By the overdrive
It's an accident of nature
Designed by architects
Nasa built it from an alloy
They'd stolen from the czechs

The beast box is dreaming
What you believe

The replica at disneyland
In the big exhibition hall
It's correct to the last nut and bolt
It's nothing like it at all
If a pregnant woman touches it
The child will be shy
And if you glimpse it once
You eventually die

What you believe

In a dream I'm inside
With my kid brother
There's scenes of awful suffering
We're avoiding looking at each other
Then he's pointing to the handrail
It's long, of burnished chrome
Saying in that stupid voice of his
Some of this would look good
In the bathroom back home

Freemasons talk about it all the time
Their hands at funny angles
In moonlight it resembles
A biscuit tin that dangles

What you believe

Juice in the front
Juice in the back
A cardboard gothic frame
They sold it off for scrap last year
To our eternal shame

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
Can you just buy the maserati please. TIA.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Its 14". This whole thread is a masturbatory edging exercise.

Please buy it

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

:golfclap:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Ia! Ia! Ms'raati B'turbn!

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Calling it right now: If he gets the BiTurbo it will be the most reliable vehicle in all of AI because reality bends and twists around 13 inch in ways we cannot understand

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I found a Biturbo locally that might administer the same levels of pain as the maser.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5123290644.html

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

cursedshitbox posted:

I found a Biturbo locally that might administer the same levels of pain as the maser.

Service position, pull motor, replace turbos, have a nice car.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
^^^^^^^^
You missed the air suspension.

cursedshitbox posted:

Dude, he wants pain, not death.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
It begins.

I pulled codes for a PT Cruiser earlier. Had five or six codes. When the guy asked what was wrong, I almost blurted out, "It's a PT Cruiser."

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That guy is never getting a title he's full of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

That guy is never getting a title he's full of poo poo.

You really think now is the time to bring logic and sensible thinking into this thread?

• Locked thread