Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stitch be back in to work the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Yes 5 8.93%
No 19 33.93%
If he does I hope he brings my dad back from buying cigarettes 32 57.14%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bluedeanie posted:

Oh absolutely. I just meant apparently that is the exact amount of power it takes to put Dillashaw away - Barao landed one or two this time that would have at very least sucked the momentum out of most other fighters, but TJ seemed unphased.

He takes the sting off punches with head movement and footwork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Lloyd Boner posted:

TJ is really cool

Hell yeah he is.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Marching Powder posted:

He takes the sting off punches with head movement and footwork

Yeah the Dodson KO he ran straight into it

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

So does anyone think Lawler will actually do anything in LHW?

also "#Stillashaw" is a thing on twitter now.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Depends what you mean by do anything. LHW is really bad and I think he could beat a lot of ranked fighters but he won't get a belt

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

squarerandom posted:

He's already done more than most at that weight class

an cow
Mar 18, 2002

This post may lower your reputation

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

.... I guess I'll say it. TJ fought a worse fight the second time round and dominated harder, which is weird. He got hit a shitload to the body, and everywhere in general, because he was cutting less angles. But his flicker jab and absolute disdain for renans hands allowed him to do this, but those leg kicks he let Renan hit were worrying me.

Yeah it was weird, he fought worse, but with more confidence and with a gameplan that was more based around really directly and aggressively exploiting Baraos weaknesses with less effort, which led to him finishing him even easier than the last fight. It was pretty cool, though I hope he doesnt look like that if he fights Cruz or whoever

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

squarerandom posted:

He's undersized, but he's a pretty good wrestler and he's dangerous both on the feet and on the ground, and LHW is kind of a garbage fire right now. I could see him picking up a nice streak over low level guys and losing a contender fight or two.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

manyak posted:

Yeah it was weird, he fought worse, but with more confidence and with a gameplan that was more based around really directly and aggressively exploiting Baraos weaknesses with less effort, which led to him finishing him even easier than the last fight. It was pretty cool, though I hope he doesnt look like that if he fights Cruz or whoever

I think in the first fight he was really concerned about Barao's power and concentrated a lot on not getting hit, and in this one he really believed that he could take those shots so he was willing to be in front of him a lot more if it meant being able to more aggressively exploit his weaknesses, as you put it.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

fatherdog posted:

He's undersized, but he's a pretty good wrestler and he's dangerous both on the feet and on the ground, and LHW is kind of a garbage fire right now. I could see him picking up a nice streak over low level guys and losing a contender fight or two.

The Mark Hunt of LHW then, I'm cool with that.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

.... I guess I'll say it. TJ fought a worse fight the second time round and dominated harder, which is weird. He got hit a shitload to the body, and everywhere in general, because he was cutting less angles. But his flicker jab and absolute disdain for renans hands allowed him to do this, but those leg kicks he let Renan hit were worrying me.

I don't think that's crazy at all to say. TJ kept a slower pace than the first fight, didn't cut as many angles, was slightly too confident, got tagged more, and STILL finished Barao quicker.

TJ fought an excellent fight but I do hope he's a little less "loose" and more business against whoever he fights next.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

squarerandom posted:

The Mark Hunt of LHW then, I'm cool with that.

Hunt is anything but undersized and he was a legit contender.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I meant as far as the (sadly) losing contender fights.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Can you spot TJ's family and friends?

http://gfycat.com/ElectricDependableConure

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Tj's so cool.

Also Paul Felder's head movement is really cool.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

@ufc: #UFCChicago Bonuses:
FON @EdsonBarbozaJR vs @FelderPaul
PON: @TJDillashaw @FilthyTomLawlor http://t.co/Wnp9IWIDRo

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

quote:

@timsylviamma

Ran into a old friend at the @UFCONFOX

lookin' good, Tim.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

colonel_korn posted:

lookin' good, Tim.

I know he's fat, but holy gently caress his hands are ginormous compared to Andrei.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Could headlining a Fox card and wanting to put on a good show and win more fans have anything to do with TJ's more aggressive style tonight? My brother's about as casual as you can get for an MMA fan, but he loves Dillashaw now after watching the main with me tonight.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Dana handled the Stitch Duran situation calmly and with class just now on FS1.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

colonel_korn posted:

lookin' good, Tim.

Good God Tim has just loving given up on it all. I can't think of a former champ that looks that bad.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Hunt is the best but he's like 5'9" and really fat. Yeah he's Samoan but come on bro.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Viper_3000 posted:

Dana handled the Stitch Duran situation calmly and with class just now on FS1.

"Stitch was Never my friend."

Totally avoided addressing the actual issue of the reebok deal sucking and being worse for everybody.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

Ludwig came in and immediately just about everyone in TAM started to look dramatically better at striking, except for Faber, who it then came out wasn't working with Ludwig at all and didn't like him due to "personality clashes". Then Ludwig opened his gym in Colorado and started splitting his time between there and TAM, and some of them continued working closely with him (most notably Dillashaw and Castillo) and some of them didn't, and then Faber brought in Kampmann and Ludwig pretty much stayed in Colorado and the TAMs that continue working with him went there for part of their fight camps. I would imagine there's some bitterness on Ludwig's part on essentially being pushed out despite being objectively good for the team, and whatever had Faber disliking him to begin with certainly isn't helped by Ludwig not being real shy about saying so.

no.

duane wanted a piece of TAM and Faber didn't think he was worth it, ultimately.

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005

tesilential posted:

Totally avoided addressing the actual issue of the reebok deal sucking and being worse for everybody.

Dana is turning into Trump.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

-Atom- posted:

no.

duane wanted a piece of TAM and Faber didn't think he was worth it, ultimately.

Source?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

savinhill posted:

Could headlining a Fox card and wanting to put on a good show and win more fans have anything to do with TJ's more aggressive style tonight? My brother's about as casual as you can get for an MMA fan, but he loves Dillashaw now after watching the main with me tonight.

He was less worried about Barao's power and wanted to capitalize on more offensive opportunities.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

tesilential posted:

It's so funny to see the UFC making steps to legitimize their business with the Fox and now Reebok deal, the new branding, the overall new "corporate" image they try to project ("I don't call cutmen, we have a department that deals with that.") and the firings of Burt and Stitch.

And yet they still have a big dumb baby as their CEO. It's going to be hilarious when he makes a big gently caress up and the Fertittas drop him and his lovely Boston accent like a bad habit.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Jordan Breen and Greg Savage on an a episode of Cheap Seats around the time when it was going down.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Good to see Filthy Thomas making bank

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my dumb family made me miss the event tonight so i am never speaking to any of them again

glad my main man tj proved that he's a boss

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

-Atom- posted:

Jordan Breen and Greg Savage on an a episode of Cheap Seats around the time when it was going down.

Did they say that as a fact or were they speculating, because I find it curious that nowhere else have I seen this even mentioned before now

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

savinhill posted:

I came home to several IMs about the fight from friends who have mostly given up on mma PPVs, so, possibly.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

This fight made Barao look pretty thick. His corner seemed hopeless as well, "Go out there and win!!?!"

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ratios and Tendency posted:

This fight made Barao look pretty thick. His corner seemed hopeless as well, "Go out there and win!!?!"

I mean, to be fair, what could they have possibly told him at that point

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

fatherdog posted:

- Score points
- Knock him out
- suddenly be better at all aspects of fighting than dillashaw

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Super pumped about the filthy one getting another performance bonus.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

fatherdog posted:

"at least he's not a bathtub"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I like the look on Barao's face in the stoppage gif there. It forms a perfect set with the end of Faber-Barao II.

• Locked thread