Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which car is the coolest and sexiest?
PT Cruiser
Kia Soul
Nissan Cube
Scion xB
Honda Element
Literally any other car
View Results

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Woohoo which car is the absolute hippest and coolest car?!

Is it the Refined PT Cruiser?

The aptly named Nissan Cube?

Perhaps the Honda Element?

The ~Sexy~ Kia Soul?

How about the sleek Scion xB?

Or literally any other car? For some reason people buy these things on purpose, and we need to figure out which one is the best!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Fart

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
might do some drunk driving tonight

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

You beat me to it.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

g serie benz

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
all those look like poo poo for foreighn ambassadors or something

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
drunk driving should be an olympic sport imho

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Why are most cars gray nowadays? Seems like when i was a kid, most of them were red or blue or green.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm a pretty good drunk driver, although last time I went out I got drunk under the table (slowing down I think as that never happens) so someone gave me a ride home

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Nefarious posted:

drunk driving should be an olympic sport imho
Finally a sport that will let me get in on that Olympic village sex I've heard so much about

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

scion xD :xd::xd:

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
My ex-girlfriend bought a Kia Soul after we broke up. Made me glad we broke up.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Prius

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
People who get Souls LOVE them. Like they defend them to the death.

Everyone else absolutely hates them. I've not met one person that was "Meh" about the Soul.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Jastiger posted:

People who get Souls LOVE them. Like they defend them to the death.

Everyone else absolutely hates them. I've not met one person that was "Meh" about the Soul.

It's like a Smart car. You know you hosed up, but you just can't admit your $18,000 mistake to other people. Instead, you lie and convince yourself that other people just don't understand and that your car is better than all others.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

it's the teal hatchback geo metro, op

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Infidel Castro posted:

It's like a Smart car. You know you hosed up, but you just can't admit your $18,000 mistake to other people. Instead, you lie and convince yourself that other people just don't understand and that your car is better than all others.

Maybe thats it. I know a few people, all girls between the ages of 20 and 27 that actively sought out and yearned for the Kia Soul. I just don't get the appeal of that car.

Maybe its because I"m not a 20-27 yo girl?

I dunno.

Linux Pirate posted:

Thats not on the poll, gtfo.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Jastiger posted:

Deep down you know I am right.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Linux Pirate posted:

every geo metro came off the line looking like that

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

lol if you settle for less

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Jastiger posted:

Maybe thats it. I know a few people, all girls between the ages of 20 and 27 that actively sought out and yearned for the Kia Soul. I just don't get the appeal of that car.

Maybe its because I"m not a 20-27 yo girl?

I dunno.

Is that the car with the stupid hamster commercials? Or is that the scion, I honestly can't remember or tell the difference at this point

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
As objectively awful as it is/was, I'm a little tired of all the poo poo the PT Cruiser gets. It was a pretty solid accomplishment for Chrysler to repackage a bunch of parts bin poo poo from models nobody wanted into something that actually was in demand and had a look unlike anything else on the road. When the PT was first released I knew a bunch of baby boomer coworkers who thought it was the hottest poo poo ever. One of them bought a PT as a retirement present to himself, his first new car ever. Imagine being in your early 60s and the high point of your life is your new PT Cruiser. I had to play along, I couldn't bear to tell him what I really thought.

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
I would totally drive a honda element or a subaru outback wagon.

Sleeping in your car is cool when you have room.

Car camping ftw.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aralan posted:

Is that the car with the stupid hamster commercials? Or is that the scion, I honestly can't remember or tell the difference at this point

Kia. Ugh.

Pt cruisers are like baby_boomer.auto. ugly, wasteful and harks back to a lovely time. Grats on your wood paneling I guess?

I don't get how or why younger people buy them on purpose. The soul and xB I get because marketing, but the cruiser? No way is that cool at all.

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

I hear Apple's working on this

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

gleebster posted:

Why are most cars gray nowadays? Seems like when i was a kid, most of them were red or blue or green.

I'm sorry you had to find out that you're going colorblind this way. :(

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Number_6 posted:

As objectively awful as it is/was, I'm a little tired of all the poo poo the PT Cruiser gets. It was a pretty solid accomplishment for Chrysler to repackage a bunch of parts bin poo poo from models nobody wanted into something that actually was in demand and had a look unlike anything else on the road. When the PT was first released I knew a bunch of baby boomer coworkers who thought it was the hottest poo poo ever. One of them bought a PT as a retirement present to himself, his first new car ever. Imagine being in your early 60s and the high point of your life is your new PT Cruiser. I had to play along, I couldn't bear to tell him what I really thought.

You're obviously not a mechanic :/

The PT Cruiser, thanks to it's faux-retro styling, is loving impossible to work on without removing poo poo like fenders and entire front facia - simple 30-minute jobs are like 5 hours in some cases.

Which wouldn't be a big deal if the car was reliable and largely trouble-free, but it somehow took the incredibly lovely, failure-prone drivetrain of the Neon and made it worse.

Combine that with the ridiculous attitude of many buyers - "hurr, this is a hawt rod!" as well as it's crappy gas mileage and lousy performance(except the turbo models, they're reasonably peppy), add a cup of pre-bankruptcy Chrysler's terrible build quality and you have a real shitbag of a vehicle.

I can't believe I effortposted about PT Cruisers. :confused:

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

JnnyThndrs posted:

The PT Cruiser, thanks to it's faux-retro styling, is loving impossible to work on without removing poo poo like fenders and entire front facia - simple 30-minute jobs are like 5 hours in some cases.

Which wouldn't be a big deal if the car was reliable and largely trouble-free, but it somehow took the incredibly lovely, failure-prone drivetrain of the Neon and made it worse.

Combine that with the ridiculous attitude of many buyers - "hurr, this is a hawt rod!" as well as it's crappy gas mileage and lousy performance(except the turbo models, they're reasonably peppy), add a cup of pre-bankruptcy Chrysler's terrible build quality and you have a real shitbag of a vehicle.

it's ok, they get most gearheads really worked up by how utterly shite they are

really though it's only worse than other chryco offerings because of the looks

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

JnnyThndrs posted:

huh, i didnt realize you could be a fuckin dork and a car guy. who knew

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

JnnyThndrs posted:

Trap sprung!

But really, I knew PT Cruisers were ugly and slow, but I didn't know they had a ton of mechanical issues. Thats hilarious, its like the trifecta of terrible vehicles.

I still can't get over that people buy them ON PURPOSE. I Mean if it was the only car on the lot and was 80% marked down, alright. But some people actually seek them out.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Jastiger posted:

Trap sprung!

But really, I knew PT Cruisers were ugly and slow, but I didn't know they had a ton of mechanical issues. Thats hilarious, its like the trifecta of terrible vehicles.

I still can't get over that people buy them ON PURPOSE. I Mean if it was the only car on the lot and was 80% marked down, alright. But some people actually seek them out.
You live in Des Moines, the PT Cruiser of cities lmao.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
backsteak outhouse

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Whirlwind Jones posted:

You live in Des Moines, the PT Cruiser of cities lmao.

:drat:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

aww :3:

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

i had an aztek for a while. it loving ruled. it was so huge and comfortable, had cupholders everywhere and of course looks cool as gently caress. eventually the transmission fell apart from under it while it was running. it was so loud i would wear earplugs if i had to go on the highway for more than like 20 minutes or i would get a crazy headache. the back opened in two pieces, a hatch and a tailgate. the glass hatch was too heavy for the little pneumatic strut it had to actually hold it up so I had to wedge an old shoe in it to keep it open when I had to load it up with furniture or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YerAuraBoresMeAlice
Dec 26, 2005

I was given a used PT Cruiser...free. Absolutely the worst car I've ever driven. I can't say a single good thing about it, other than it was free. Got rid of it.

• Locked thread