Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Pity they're not running Demon's Souls, I've never seen that one speedrun and I've enjoyed speedruns of the other Souls games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Swan Curry posted:

Is there going to be another GDQ Humble Bundle?

I have pretty good word there will be one, but that it might not be that great.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Looking a the schedule for the first time, I can't imagine how mind numbing a 2 hour Shenmue speed run must be.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Internet Kraken posted:

Looking a the schedule for the first time, I can't imagine how mind numbing a 2 hour Shenmue speed run must be.

To play, probably, but how watchable it is would depend entirely upon the commentary, I'd think.

I mean, yeah, sadly, it's going to miss out on the best part of the game (collecting a million gatchapons like the irresponsible super-nerd you are), but somehow I think I'll live.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

As we come down to these final minutes, I want to remind everyone that adding /popout to any Twitch URL ditches their terrible interface and just gives you the video. Very useful for watching on devices like phones and the Wii U as well. So http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/popout will get you the stream.

And we're live!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
And we're live.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

I watched some of Puri's practice recently. It's a... strange game full of bad voice acting, high-risk gambling and phasing through walls.

And we're live!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
We got pregame commentary now?

Random Stranger posted:

As we come down to these final minutes, I want to remind everyone that adding /popout to any Twitch URL ditches their terrible interface and just gives you the video.
You can also just hit the theater mode button.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I hope that the MSF get enough donations to finally build that nuclear equipped bipedal walking tank they're trying to make.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sindai posted:

You can also just hit the theater mode button.

Assuming the page loads completely which is a bit of a problem on Twitch sometimes.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

pumpinglemma posted:

Also, if you haven't watched 100% Yoshi's Island 2 before you really should check it out, even if you don't watch the whole thing. It's not three hours long because of 10 minute cutscenes or segments of flying over levels, it's pretty much all ridiculous tricks from start to finish.

I watched...the blindfolded one he did of the game and I think a 100% one over the last few years. It was cool and all but...it just felt like it got really boring after about 40ish minutes. It just seems too long but this is also my opinion and I recognize all y'alls wrong ones have merit too. It just struck me looking at the schedule that having a gigantic one at the opening seems kinda a weird way to sell it to someone rather than like 6 30 minute games.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Here we go people! Never watched this live, should be interesting. And drat, Yoshi's Island to begin with? :munch:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

is this GDQ's pitch presentation to ESPN for a SpeedCenter show

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Random Stranger posted:

As we come down to these final minutes, I want to remind everyone that adding /popout to any Twitch URL ditches their terrible interface and just gives you the video. Very useful for watching on devices like phones and the Wii U as well. So http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/popout will get you the stream.

You can also use the beta HTML5 player which has none of the bullshit and actually works really well:

http://player.twitch.tv/?channel=gamesdonequick

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lmao what is this ESPN roundtable poo poo :lol:

thought: AGDQ/SGDQ should get the NBA on TNT crew and have Charles rag on these nerds all weekend

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

is this GDQ's pitch presentation to ESPN for a SpeedCenter show

They're starting out kind of rough, but it's worlds better than dead air and an empty couch for ten minutes.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
the eSports Progamming Network

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ramadu posted:

thought: AGDQ/SGDQ should get the NBA on TNT crew and have Charles rag on these nerds all weekend

huh

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Still better than First Take even though hearing Skipp Bayless troll the poo poo out of nerds would be incredible

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

WAIT, Kirby Tilt n Tumble?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Ramadu posted:

The Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden speedrun is pretty fun.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I dunno, I dig this.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Can someone post a link to the SA IRC?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Livestreamer working well 'nuff for me, but Source quality was lagging cause of my lovely net.

Do I still count as a watcher for Twitch stuff? Are they even donating based on concurrent viewers this year?

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007

Ramadu posted:

I watched...the blindfolded one he did of the game and I think a 100% one over the last few years. It was cool and all but...it just felt like it got really boring after about 40ish minutes. It just seems too long but this is also my opinion and I recognize all y'alls wrong ones have merit too. It just struck me looking at the schedule that having a gigantic one at the opening seems kinda a weird way to sell it to someone rather than like 6 30 minute games.

It's fairly normal; I think the idea is that viewership is slow to ramp up over the first run, typically, so they throw in a longer run to let them work out the technical kinks and build viewership, so they only trample the hopes and dreams of one nerd instead of half a dozen. Plus, I dunno, people keep talking up Trihex actually getting his head back in the game, but maybe they just want to make sure he can go in and do his thing before he psyches himself out or something. Plus, they're probably trying to ramp the viewership up earlier, since it usually takes a little while to get rolling most years.

Also, yeah, totally loving the MLG Procaster table here.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

That is a serious poverty table. Budgetcenter.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Jarogue posted:

WAIT, Kirby Tilt n Tumble?
On a Gamecube!

Meaning he has to use the entire console as a motion controller.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Did I hear right? Theyre going to play kirby tilt'n'tumble by holding the gamecube and moving it around? :eyepop:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I enjoy this Yoshi's Island music playing over these guys talking.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I'm totally down with SpeedCenter. The dead couch/air section before and after games were a problem and people complained about them all the time.

They're doing a lot better as they go, they know what they're talking about, and it's a good introduction for people who may not be long time fans or know anything about speedrunning.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Great to hear them plugging Freedom Planet already. Hopefully the devs will see a big sales spike when people see it being Done Fast(tm). Fantastic game that somehow almost no site even reviewed.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden speedrun is pretty fun.

I would love to watch Charles Barkley be completely baffled by that game.

This actually isn't that bad at all, it's worlds better than previous events openers etc. Shoulda gotten a green screen and gone hog wild with crazy runs in the backround

ohhhh no Romscout that camera angle makes you look like a troll

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Manslaughter posted:

Did I hear right? Theyre going to play kirby tilt'n'tumble by holding the gamecube and moving it around? :eyepop:

It's genuinely the run I'm looking forward to most this time. They don't seem to have the same quantity of crazy stuff that I like (or at least it's really spread out this time), but that one is going to be magic.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
This is hilarious. They're trying way too hard, but I don't even care, this is great and actually a huge step up from white noise with a camera on an empty couch.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Humble Bundle thing is up, it actually seems to be a promo sale on their store this time, as opposed to a Bundle. Unless they're doing that separately. I dunno.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Comrade Fakename posted:

Can someone post a link to the SA IRC?

synirc.net, #speedruns

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The camera angle is already 10000% better than the one from AGDQ.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Shady Amish Terror posted:

This is hilarious. They're trying way too hard, but I don't even care, this is great and actually a huge step up from white noise with a camera on an empty couch.

Trying way too hard is basically the definition of speedrunning, so no wonder it's working so well

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

That couch looks like it was found on a frathouse curb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

"Take it away.."

*ten seconds of dead air*

*finally changes*

*runners not ready and not told when the switch happened*

"Ok...HERE WE ARE!"

:allears: Never change SGDQ, never change.

• Locked thread