Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Hasn't Trihex failed this trick every GDQ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Choking hazard ahead

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
That was pretty cool.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Holy poo poo nice!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Holy poo poo that skip.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

He finally did it :stare:

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Applause-worthy right there.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Run saved

nothing that happens after this will matter

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

HOOLY poo poo

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Incredible

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
that was loving unreal

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
:boom:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

who was the rear end in a top hat who discovered that skip?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

He didn't choke. Nice!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
HOLY loving poo poo THOSE BATHOPS

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I get up for five loving minutes :mad:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
100 thousand viewers, that is incredible. Particularly considering it that huge Dota 2 tournament is at the same time. I do not remember SGDQ or AGDQ have anywhere close to this amount of viewers before.

The event looks a bit more "corporate" now though, with that professionally set up adience area, headset on the runner and couch crew, etc.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Ineptitude posted:

The event looks a bit more "corporate" now though, with that professionally set up adience area, headset on the runner and couch crew, etc.

Logical continuation of them banning fun last year.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How long has the run been going on? I just got in and both timers I can see aren't movin so wondering what's up with that.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug
I remember earlier this year someone had a site showing twitch viewership over time during current and past AGDQs.

Anyone know where that went?

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How long has the run been going on? I just got in and both timers I can see aren't movin so wondering what's up with that.

The timer only stopped recently I think, so a bit longer than 1:50.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Chat is losing their poo poo over the frozen timer

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I see Trihex is playing in the hyperbolic time chamber

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

HUMAN FISH posted:

Logical continuation of them banning fun last year.

What do you mean? Im not particularly involved in "who's who" of the community, all the memes etc. I mainly just watch the runs.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

What do you mean? Im not particularly involved in "who's who" of the community, all the memes etc. I mainly just watch the runs.

As it should be.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

DoubleDonut posted:

I see Trihex is playing in the hyperbolic time chamber

The only hyperbolic chamber I need is Twitch chat.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug
The Yoshi's Island Speedrun Team™ has made many exciting discoveries and advancements in the field of Yoshi's Island

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

UV_Catastrophe posted:

The Yoshi's Island Speedrun Team™ has made many exciting discoveries and advancements in the field of Yoshi's Island

yes but have they finally uncovered why pirana plant death animations arbitrarily change halfway into the game?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
When's Awful Games Done Quick? I don't see it and it's always the best block.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ineptitude posted:

Im not particularly involved in "who's who" of the community, all the memes etc. I mainly just watch the runs.

Look man they've sold the soul of GDQ by having audio that works and making it more about videogames and less about gay nerds clamoring for 15 seconds of fame

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Look man they've sold the soul of GDQ by having audio that works and making it more about videogames and less about gay nerds clamoring for 15 seconds of fame
Those monsters

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Grondoth posted:

Have you seen what's up next?

DOG AT THE DOOR
Aug 29, 2007

bwha

Grondoth posted:

No idea, but next up is Sonic Boom and that fits the bill.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This co-commentator is so worthless.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Alright, this is a pretty good boss...

Also, are there any goons that are speedrunners that are playing this week or have played?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ineptitude posted:

100 thousand viewers, that is incredible. Particularly considering it that huge Dota 2 tournament is at the same time. I do not remember SGDQ or AGDQ have anywhere close to this amount of viewers before.
Last AGDQ had 170k concurrent, but yeah, 100k with bunch of major tournaments simultaneously live is very good for opening day.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Ineptitude posted:

all the memes etc.

If you don't literally say random words aloud that correspond to a tiny picture of some dude making a stupid face, get out.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I really like that there's a tracker on the bottom now, I really don't like that the couch is useless.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zombies' Downfall posted:

All I remember was 2013 with that one commentator sitting next to Cosmo yelling "YEAH THESE ARE MY STRATS I DISCOVERED THESE STRATS"

That's was unbearable to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Why is the any% of Sonic Boom 50 minutes? I thought you could glitch-jump over the whole game almost immediately.

• Locked thread