Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
At least that was entertaining, crash 2 literally cleared the floor here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

STUDIO ASK CARCINOGEN IF HE HAS STAIRS IN HIS HOUSE

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Social Media posted:

2 domestic abuse jokes in one day

Grey Fox posted:

Nice domestic abuse joke recovery

axelsoar posted:

In case you thought we were done with domestic abuse...

Good save from Carc though

Mr E posted:

I was away for a minute, what was said by who

Amazing tact and control shown by Carcinogen. It was an off color remark made by someone on the couch, and may have gone mostly ignored had it not been for the events previous today.

Good on Carc for handling so SO well. drat.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Is RE4 a good run, please advice.
e: RE4 NG+ was a shitshow last year, is why I'm asking.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Svampson posted:

I hated that crash run as much as the next guy but can you guys cool it with being internet sherlock holmes or whatever tia

...He's a streamer. These aren't exactly personal accounts.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Erata posted:

Is RE4 a good run, please advice.
if it's not NG+, yeah, not bad. if it's NG+ with the plaga laser it's boring as gently caress.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Svampson posted:

I hated that crash run as much as the next guy but can you guys cool it with being internet sherlock holmes or whatever tia

fun fact he's getting verbal threats from people at the event

so lets not do this

Jizzy Q
Oct 31, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Where did you hear this?

Twitter.

Yeah I'm just seeing this too.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

HiipFire posted:

fun fact he's getting verbal threats from people at the event

so lets not do this

Yeah the buzz here is pretty bad at the moment.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
I saw a RE4 run in some random marathon a few months ago (Scrubathon maybe?) and I enjoyed it (and I also hated that NG+ RE4 run from last SGDQ), so it could be good. That run had really good commentary though, so commentary will basically carry it (as usual).

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is new game so hopefully it will be better.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm gonna give RE4 15min, if it's boring I'm going to sleep 'cause I have work tomorrow and it's 2am here.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

realtalk studio good job on the interviewin man

keeping what should be a lame segment conceptually speaking interesting

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I like how they make a big deal about Carcinogen having been on SDA for 9 years...

Svampson
Jul 29, 2006

Same.

Rocketlex posted:

...He's a streamer. These aren't exactly personal accounts.

Yeah but I just feel like reposting old CRAAAZYYY tweets or whatever in the SGDQ thread is pretty dumb and not very interesting just my 5 cents :)

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Dias posted:

I'm gonna give RE4 15min, if it's boring I'm going to sleep 'cause I have work tomorrow and it's 2am here.
keep us posted

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Jizzy Q posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_dAdD9z9KA VOD is finally up. Long story short, the streamer made a bunch of unfunny jokes about suicide, domestic abuse, and murdering people and ended up softlocking/crashing the game intntionally before the final boss. The last bit was cut off where he said he was going to 'become a psychopath and murder everyone' in this vid.

I leave for a few hours and miss a perfectly good on-stream meltdown :negative:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

still awake, oval office

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

this better not be the ng+ run for the third(?) time

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Zurreco posted:

I like how they make a big deal about Carcinogen having been on SDA for 9 years...

Gotta rep that regdate yo

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Dias posted:

Same, I stayed till the end of Re 3, but I have to work tomorrow. Sadly, it's only 20 mind from work, so I'm gonna hit it up all week.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Same only sounds like a rather lovely one so I'll just wait for a "cringexd cut" on YouTube.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Let's get some positivity here. I remember Carc's last run; he was doing that weird controller, he was less than five days into quitting smoking cold turkey, and it was a train wreck.

This run was practically a different guy.

So, on the off chance that he's reading this (or some friends of his are): good on ya.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Hey pro tip for anyone who gets to sit on the couch for a run and doesn't want to come off as autistic: don't bring up your dumb in jokes that only 2 people watching will get then wait for someone else to explain them.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

kalstrams posted:

Same only sounds like a rather lovely one so I'll just wait for a "cringexd cut" on YouTube.

EH, just watch the stoner go through Kirby

https://youtu.be/FesNkdQ0CQE

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

CJ posted:

Hey pro tip for anyone who gets to sit on the couch for a run and doesn't want to come off as autistic: don't bring up your dumb in jokes that only 2 people watching will get then wait for someone else to explain them.

like 10% of the people at this event are that self-aware. just gotta take the good with the bad.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ullerrm posted:

Let's get some positivity here. I remember Carc's last run; he was doing that weird controller, he was less than five days into quitting smoking cold turkey, and it was a train wreck.

This run was practically a different guy.

So, on the off chance that he's reading this (or some friends of his are): good on ya.

It was a good run with good commentary. I think he did CV once, right? I can't remember if that was him.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Dias posted:

It was a good run with good commentary. I think he did CV once, right? I can't remember if that was him.

every speed runner is required to attempt to run SOTN at some point.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Thanks God it's not NG +

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

this better not be the ng+ run for the third(?) time

Good news, it a new game!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Oh good it's not NG+. Also follow Carci because his runs are good and fun

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Rirse posted:

Good news, it a new game!

Thank gently caress

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Just woke up, sounds like I missed something even worse than that Tomba fiasco.

Also Carci is a cool dude watch his stream thanks.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm legit surprised that some people could be so bad at talking while playing a game that they play every day anyways

and don't most of these people have to entertain on camera anyways? like, to make a living? i'm assuming most of the runners here are making a living with their streaming

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Crotch Bat posted:

every speed runner is required to attempt to run SOTN at some point.

Code Veronica, not Castlevania. Or are you sayin' he did SOTN because you're not wrong.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

UV_Catastrophe posted:

There was no meltdown. Dude made some dumb jokes, trolled the ending of the run, and then made some more dumb jokes with the couch.

Everyone one is picking apart every word he said, filling it with hyperbole and pumping it out as fuel for a witch hunt. It was just some dumb jokes that needed two seconds of "hey not cool" not google up everything he's ever posted in his life looking for rope to hang him with. His twitch account is now gone, and he's getting threats at the event, and isn't welcome back. I don't really think he deserved all of that, even if he is an idiot.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Toxxupation posted:

I'm legit surprised that some people could be so bad at talking while playing a game that they play every day anyways

and don't most of these people have to entertain on camera anyways? like, to make a living? i'm assuming most of the runners here are making a living with their streaming

I do speed running, but I'm a computer janitor.

No money from streaming, just for fun.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

itskage posted:

There was no meltdown. Dude made some dumb jokes, trolled the ending of the run, and then made some more dumb jokes with the couch.

Everyone one is picking apart every word he said, filling it with hyperbole and pumping it out as fuel for a witch hunt. It was just some dumb jokes that needed two seconds of "hey not cool" not google up everything he's ever posted in his life looking for rope to hang him with. His twitch account is now gone, and he's getting threats at the event, and isn't welcome back. I don't really think he deserved all of that, even if he is an idiot.

Dude did atrocious commentary and should never be allowed to run a game on stage, but yeah, it wasn't really a meltdown. It wouldn't be GDQ without overblown drama tho.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Toxxupation posted:

Only like 10% or less are professional streamers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Also many who stream full time still live with their parents because they don't actually make enough to live on their own.

• Locked thread