Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
a few months ago i yelled at some dude from my car because he was driving like a literal nutjob and he pointed a gun at me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
I think we should add 'while I was coming down off of acid' to every story we write, even when it doesn't affect the story.

"I was held hostage at a bank while I was coming down off of acid."

dev/null
Dec 8, 2004

This custom title is not tax-deductible
Got lost diving inside a shipwreck at 45m depth.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Had to leave my gated neighborhood because FedEx left my new iPad at the local hub downtown when I wasn't home to sign for it. Some "urban youths" gave me a weird look as I passed them in my BMW. Thought I was gonna have to pull out MY GLOCK 17 to defend myself.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

SUBLIME! posted:

once some water went down the wrong pipe and i burped and the burp got stuck in my throat and i started choking and was in danger of dying the most retarded way possible

Yeah I almost choked to death eating a Whatchamacallit bar while driving at 70 miles an hour on the freeway. Trying to pound on your sternum while driving and choking trying not to blackout is fun, let me tell you

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i got eaten by a bear

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

dad gay. so what posted:

i got eaten by a bear

I hope you made him breakfast

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

reddit liker posted:

a few months ago i yelled at some dude from my car because he was driving like a literal nutjob and he pointed a gun at me

George Zimmerman spotted.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I got into a massive brawl and a dude took a swinger at me and I ducked dow nand he punched a truck and then a mexican shot a pistol to disperse everyone there was blood and black eyes everywhere all my friends were like "jesus we all got our rear end kicked but ur not even hurt ... ur lucky we all protected u" and now I dont have friends n e more

I also almost died a lot of times, but thats water under the bridge. I would say the time I fell downhll mountain biking and split my arm nearly in half and got MRSA in the hospital and almost die. They were talking about how it would be a miracle if I lived ... and here I am, a micracle. Thank god for me

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
When i was 13 i broke into my neighbor's house like an idiot and was looking for things to steal, and decided to bail back out the window right as they came back in.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Three weeks ago my pulse jumped to 250 bpm for no apparent reason. I went to the hospital, and they told me I have something called WPW syndrome and that I have an extra nerve pathway between my left atrium and left ventricle, which can cause what's called a circus rhythm, where the electrical signal in your heart spins around your heart instead of terminating where appropriate, causing severe tachycardia. It'll be ablated away in like 4 weeks though so no big deal. Also I nearly choked to death on a hotdog during the previews before Forrest Gump.

thats high .. mine cant even reach 210.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I'm black.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Three weeks ago my pulse jumped to 250 bpm for no apparent reason. I went to the hospital, and they told me I have something called WPW syndrome and that I have an extra nerve pathway between my left atrium and left ventricle, which can cause what's called a circus rhythm, where the electrical signal in your heart spins around your heart instead of terminating where appropriate, causing severe tachycardia. It'll be ablated away in like 4 weeks though so no big deal. Also I nearly choked to death on a hotdog during the previews before Forrest Gump.

even your heart knows you're a stupid loving clown

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Crossing the street in China.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nigmaetcetera posted:

i have that too, im getting my 'blasion this week u fag. talk to wolf-nuts for the deets

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

dad gay. so what posted:

i have that too, im getting my 'blasion this week u fag. talk to wolf-nuts for the deets

oh great wolf nutz, give me the deets

*sacrifices small mammal for your av node*

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nigmaetcetera posted:

serious. i only got 240bpm but they stopped my heart 2 nights in a row

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nigmaetcetera posted:

wolf-nuts is sheep-goats fyi the bug avatar guy

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

dad gay. so what posted:

wolf-nuts is sheep-goats fyi the bug avatar guy

i'm too drunk to know where i am i just know my pulse is normal according to this dumb watch i bought. everybody have a great night and I hope you all live forever

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nigmaetcetera posted:

i'm too drunk to know where i am i just know my pulse is normal according to this dumb watch i bought. everybody have a great night and I hope you all live forever

later good luck fag bag ,i got a fitbit

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I was once in a zone that was practically, for all intents and purposes, full of danger

It was some kind suicide squad

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
What and where is a water mocassin and why is it called that?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drunk Nerds posted:

What and where is a water mocassin and why is it called that?

its a poisonous snake we had them by the crick. we had cottonmouths too and had to kill them because our dogs would run around in the woods and get bitten by them. its cool being 10 and watching your dad chop off a snakes head with a shovel

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
we also had black widow spiders in the wood pile and a few pansy rear end black bears

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

dev/null posted:

Got lost diving inside a shipwreck at 45m depth.
please include reason for not running line, breathing gas, deco obligation, and any other relevant data

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bishop posted:

please include reason for not running line, breathing gas, deco obligation, and any other relevant data

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
as a passenger in a 92 honda accord fresh out of high school doing 70 mph down the highway when we got t-boned and rolled down the road into the ditch. people behind us said they saw headlights flipping through the air, car looked like no one should have survived

we just got a few small cuts from broken glass and then their insurance gave me $1700

highly recommend getting into car crashes

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
The chain on on my fixie snapped when I was riding through a very "urban" area full of minorities. Doctors said it was a miracle I pulled through, still being treated for PTSD two years later.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
You should all do stand up comedy ... olaughing my rear end off at all of these posts. even the ones I read

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I got stuck in the riptide off the Oregon coast and when I finally realized it I was a good 100 yards off shore and couldn't get back. My friends dad swam out and saved my dumb 17 year old rear end.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I was raped.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

A black guy was walking towards me on the sidewalk but I managed to cross the street before he reached me.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
I was driving an ATV and it rolled on top of me.

I nearly drowned the first time I swam in my old apartment's pool and had to be dragged out and given CPR

Probably the worst though is being a passenger to drunk drivers (mainly adults when I was below 14 and unable to do anything)

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

How do you almost drown in a pool as an adult? Worse case scenario couldn't you just push off the bottom towards the shallows?

I guess you'd be panicking but shouldn't you go in with a game plan if you don't know how to swim??

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
I was in Thailand when I was 9 or 10 and my parents had popped back into the hotel to grab something but I said I'd wait outside. Within like two minutes there was this creepy loving middle aged man trying to convince me to get into his car by asking me where I was going and him saying he'd take me there and my parents would meet me there.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

almost fell off a cliff whilst free climbing

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

a cop posted:

How do you almost drown in a pool as an adult? Worse case scenario couldn't you just push off the bottom towards the shallows?

I guess you'd be panicking but shouldn't you go in with a game plan if you don't know how to swim??

It was rather deep for a pool, like 7 feet when I'm only 5'6" and I'm an awful swimmer despite taking classes in HS. I was just treading for too long, got tired, starting choking on water and starting trying to get to the edge and don't really remember much. Thankfully there were people around

Pretty much I'm an idiot

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Brain dead for the duration of hurricane Katrina

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
my only time out of the states i went to canada as a boy scout and a great big literal retard tried to grab me and carry me off to some kind of retard wolf den full of bones and a fire he started with two sticks and a piece of string i imagine

i hit him and had some bug spry and got away fortunately, to live this life so i could post on gbs at 5 am.

if the rule i followed brought me to this, of what use was the rule?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I once took the highway to the danger zone but then took an off-ramp before reaching the actual danger zone.

• Locked thread