Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wizard & Warriors, I loved this stupid game as a kid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Actually it's the first time they've hired professional audio folks. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Then I've been misreading green-name posts on SDA for a bit over a year, alright, first time

e: Seriously though the ESA guys need to be spoken with and learned from even if external audio tech gets hired for AGDQ again, that was the working formula for audio as well as video

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 28, 2015

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

yeah coolmatty was never a professional audio tech

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I don't know how I completed this game back when it first came out.

Not because it looks so hard, it just looks so awful...

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Mr E posted:

ESA also had a button to push for timer that the runner used and made it much better.

I can only imagine the mad dashes to the button runners did once they finished a run. :allears:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Merijn posted:

I can only imagine the mad dashes to the button runners did once they finished a run. :allears:

It was right next to them, literally a giant red button.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Wow, Malkil just hosed DarkTerrex.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That was some serious rng trolling from the last boss. Feasel was a full 45 seconds behind and ended up winning.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Wizards & Warriors is the best game with the best last boss.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Big red button for the runners to hit time is something that we wanted to have but just ran out of testing time. We're still actively trying to get it working, though, so we might see it for the later runs.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Boo, they are using the Metal Gear that came with MGS3 not the original MSX Metal Gear

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

UraniumAnchor posted:

Big red button for the runners to hit time is something that we wanted to have but just ran out of testing time. We're still actively trying to get it working, though, so we might see it for the later runs.

I know the staples easy button could be made with a bit of sodering.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What was the music that just played before the run started? poo poo was bomb.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

theultimo posted:

I know the staples easy button could be made with a bit of sodering.

We're going for something a bit more robust than that, but it means more prep and testing time.

Sire Oblivion posted:

What was the music that just played before the run started? poo poo was bomb.

Something from Star Ocean.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
I think I'm one of the few who owns an MSX in mn, but it's a crappy msx 1 with no upgrades:/

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Mr E posted:

It was right next to them, literally a giant red button.

It should have been at the end of a GUTS style obstacle course.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

UraniumAnchor posted:

Unless they're seriously sold ready-made I recommend going after cheap USB keyboards that have PCBs with clear traces you can scrape and find the desired key-combination on, then putting that in whatever is desired for a trigger. (or multiple-button USB mice with software to rebind them into keystrokes, or just a USB joypad to make it even easier)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Is that LOS thing for Metal Gear true in all versions of it?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

jabro posted:

Is that LOS thing for Metal Gear true in all versions of it?

I think so yes, only Metal Gear 2 invented a real cone of vision.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Btw, UA nice job on Metalstorm, that second loop :magical:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

theultimo posted:

Btw, UA nice job on Metalstorm, that second loop :magical:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Sir Tonk posted:

:stare:

:stare: :stare:

I was going to give him poo poo, but goddamn that's a lost cause right there.
This explains so much

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Cardboard Box A posted:

This explains so much

I've jerked off over 30 times to completion, and I've enjoyed it almost every time.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
it's true you know. every time a speedrunner exploits a glitch no one can ever play the game through normally and enjoy it ever again

that's just the way it is

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

it's true you know. every time a speedrunner exploits a glitch no one can ever play the game through normally and enjoy it ever again

that's just the way it is

I will never play Clash at Demonhead, the boots trick made me never enjoy it again.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Phone posted:

I've jerked off over 30 times to completion, and I've enjoyed it almost every time.

I wanna hear about the times you didn't.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
This is a really cool Metal Gear run

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

theultimo posted:

I will never play Clash at Demonhead, the boots trick made me never enjoy it again.
owned, casual

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Only an hour and a bit behind schedule so far. Could be worse.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Oh hey I was just playing Peace Walker and was wondering about this game when I turned over to the stream. Never seen this game past like, the first two screens.

e: Well after MGS3, Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes, that was a slightly unceremonious way for Big Boss to die

Idioteque Dance fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 28, 2015

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Phantom Pain spoilers

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Only an hour and a bit behind schedule so far. Could be worse.

Was that mainly due to the TP run last night? I didn't make the whole way through it.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Dork457 posted:

Was that mainly due to the TP run last night? I didn't make the whole way through it.

I was about 1 hr in but the commentary and the fact the yellow shirted guy melted into the couch I had to stop.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Dork457 posted:

They also started Tetris about a half-hour behind schedule, because the hardware is apparently a much slower setup.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Dork457 posted:

They came in about 15 minutes under the estimate for the run, but the setup time reported on the site is a lot longer than most.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Idioteque Dance posted:

e: Well after MGS3, Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes, that was a slightly unceremonious way for Big Boss to die

Hah, Big Boss wishes he could get a fate as good as four rockets to the face. That's way better than what goes on in Metal Gear 2.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

They also started Tetris about a half-hour behind schedule, because the hardware is apparently a much slower setup.
Yeah, superguns are amazing but pretty fragile, and you're pretty much hooking up legit arcade PCBs to them. Same reason the screen on Kevin's footage went dim. Something on the board or the supergun hosed up, and it's not like they have spares of either just lying around. Both are fairly finicky pieces of hardware, and superguns are custom made to user specifications so one might not have the same features, compatibility, or video outputs as the next five.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Hah, Big Boss wishes he could get a fate as good as four rockets to the face. That's way better than what goes on in Metal Gear 2.

And sadly, a LIGHTER AND HAIRSPRAY made him internally combust.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Yeah, superguns are amazing but pretty fragile, and you're pretty much hooking up legit arcade PCBs to them. Same reason the screen on Kevin's footage went dim. Something on the board or the supergun hosed up, and it's not like they have spares of either just lying around. Both are fairly finicky pieces of hardware, and superguns are custom made to user specifications so one might not have the same features, compatibility, or video outputs as the next five.

kevin's tupperware bin one was good but my favorite was the setup that was just parts strewn out on the table in the practice room, not a fire hazard at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

What do Rayman's feet look like without the shoes? Or the hands without the gloves??

• Locked thread