Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Manslaughter posted:

What do Rayman's feet look like without the shoes? Or the hands without the gloves??

Invisible clearly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
This rayman run is p good imo

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Hace posted:

:agreed:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I like Spike, why isn't he commentating on the KH run later :(

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Hace posted:

Yes. I used to play this when I went over to my cousin's house. Great game, and great run so far (spike's my favorite commentator), although I set my timer to wake up before this, and it's 20 minutes in as I awoke. Dang schedule.

Also, where is Blueglass during this? This explains the lack of joviality during this run!

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Its amazing how Spike gives such in depth commentary live like this, while playing the game.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Manslaughter posted:

What do Rayman's feet look like without the shoes? Or the hands without the gloves??

His hands ARE the gloves. That's like asking what would your hands look like if someone took them off.

Edit: Agree that it's amazing how difficult this game is. This was my first PS1 game, I probably got it because of the cute visuals but god drat is it hard for an 8 year old.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 28, 2015

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Atari Jagwire

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Demicol posted:

what would your hands look like if someone took them off.

That's a zen thing, right?

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
So what version is this Rayman? Playstation?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

PS2, according to the schedule.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
It's the PS1 version. A little while ago they were talking about the version differences.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
This world was the bane of my existence as a kid.

Edit: I love how the twitch chat just becomes a wall of YEAH at the end of every level.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 28, 2015

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

raditts posted:

PS2, according to the schedule.

That's what console tech needs to have ready.

You run ps1 games on ps2 because fast disc speed loading times.

The real fast strat is on psp over psn but not many people do that.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Wow, a developer donation! That's actually really cool!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

UraniumAnchor posted:

Something from Star Ocean.

Awesome, thanks; there should be a music ticker in between runs so we know what's playing in the future. Don't know how much of a bitch that'd be to set-up though.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

spike's always cool

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
It's cool watching him using (and mentioning specifically) certain shortcuts I discovered when I played this game as a kid.

Edit: Hardest boss in the game

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

sout posted:

spike's always cool

After watching a bunch of 2013 and 2014 runs of both GDQ's, I always associate his voice with these events.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Sire Oblivion posted:

Awesome, thanks; there should be a music ticker in between runs so we know what's playing in the future. Don't know how much of a bitch that'd be to set-up though.

Quick answer is "not for this event", but I agree and might be something we can do in the future.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Zorglorfian posted:

Wow, a developer donation! That's actually really cool!
Grant Kirkhope (composer for a bunch of rare games like Banjo Kazooie and Goldeneye) has called in for the past couple of marathons during BK to chat with the runner. Really cool guy.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Edit: ^^^^^^^^^ - The devs from Yacht Club Games called in during the Shovel Knight run at AGDQ this year and that was pretty awesome.

Wow, $1,000 from Vulajin.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

-Inu- posted:

Grant Kirkhope (composer for a bunch of rare games like Banjo Kazooie and Goldeneye) has called in for the past couple of marathons during BK to chat with the runner. Really cool guy.

I guess during the Silent Hill 2 run, one of the developers was going to call in, but they couldn't get it setup in time.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Zorglorfian posted:

Yes. I used to play this when I went over to my cousin's house. Great game, and great run so far (spike's my favorite commentator), although I set my timer to wake up before this, and it's 20 minutes in as I awoke. Dang schedule.

Also, where is Blueglass during this? This explains the lack of joviality during this run!

I've seen/heard him a few times so he's hanging out in the crowd. Don't think he'll be couching for anyone though.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

I've seen/heard him a few times so he's hanging out in the crowd. Don't think he'll be couching for anyone though.

I've definitely heard him in there, too. His laugh is super recognizable.

Also, I'm the nerdiest dude and took a day of vacation tomorrow so that I can catch the Mega Man and Castlevania blocks tonight.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
Wait, the tetherboost ISN'T intentional?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so did the twilight princess run go over

it was too boring so Ij ust went to bed

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Eonwe posted:

Nope. The rest of the run went fine other than the screwups at the start.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the couch didn't really do or say anything but the runner had decent enough commentary despite being a sub and playing a boring speedrun game

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Eonwe posted:

Good run, good runner, yellow Shirt melted into the couch, and commentary put me to sleep, which was good because I had to work in the morn.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
God, not fighting Mr. Dark is the most disappointing thing for a child.

His hat is so cool! And we never get to punch him even!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

the couch didn't really do or say anything but the runner had decent enough commentary despite being a sub and playing a boring speedrun game

It certainly isn't boring if you played the game. The game is stupidly hard, so seeing the game destroyed is amazing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

HGH posted:

Wanna know the worst part about Mr. Dark? In origins you find out he literally died off camera and the teensie magician is just a pupil of his filling in.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

At least the sound guys aren't bothering to turn the volume up on the Tiny Build commercials. :v:

MegaZeroX posted:

It certainly isn't boring if you played the game. The game is stupidly hard, so seeing the game destroyed is amazing.

I think Twilight Princess is the opposite of "stupidly hard".

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

HGH posted:

This is why I don't really like Rayman. How was the run's end (I missed it)? Anything clap-worthy?

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Random Stranger posted:

At least the sound guys aren't bothering to turn the volume up on the Tiny Build commercials. :v:

Yeah that's an overstatement, but I do agree that after having played it through the whole way, seeing a runner ping-pong around between event flags that normally eat up hours of in-game time is pretty entertaining. :munch:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Random Stranger posted:

Yyyeah. Whoever's doing audio this time is not doing a particularly good job. Game audio is sometimes too quiet, runner tells us to enjoy the music but we can't hear it, audience reactions get muted etc.
I seriously hope they aren't gonna gently caress up the Roundabout run and have ludicrously low game audio for that, because if you do a run showing the cutscenes it would be good if we could hear them.
I mean, audio has been a problem at past GDQs too but this time it's particularly bad. Doesn't bother me as long as I can hear what's relevant but overall the audio is pretty poorly managed and inconsistent.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah but, Rollgoal

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zorglorfian posted:

This is why I don't really like Rayman. How was the run's end (I missed it)? Anything clap-worthy?

A lot of people don't like Rayman (original) because the game is super poorly designed :v:

And not really, it was just a solid run of a stupid hard game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Eonwe posted:

For just being thrown into it at the last second the guy did awesome under those circumstances. Finished like 15 minutes early. The couch was useless but the runner had some decent commentary for not practicing at all. I'd want to see him him do it again next year with some prep time.

• Locked thread