Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is your 7th-round pick?
Pro Bowler
Future Hall of Famer
Gets the key to every city in America
Future President of the Universe
View Results

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kelvin had an even better catch against him last year that I can't find.

They were running step for step when suddenly like 8 feet of arms appeared and snagged a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

OC Hue Jackson on offensive creativity: "We are going to open Pandora's box. Last year we just tickled it."

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

OC Hue Jackson on offensive creativity: "We are going to open Pandora's box. Last year we just tickled it."

More Sanu TD passes.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This all fits in with my prediction of a Bengals Super Bowl victory coinciding with the destruction of the known universe

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Todd Gurley passed his conditioning test and will start camp on the active roster, meaning he can't be placed on reserve/PUP to start the season.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Gurley probably the bargain of the draft. Rams are going to make some city very happy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

No Butt Stuff posted:

More Sanu TD passes.

It's gonna be rad as gently caress when Sanu takes a snap and pretends like he's going to hurl it, but then just loving takes off up the middle like a somehow lankier Cam Newton.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
James Wright apparently needs season ending knee surgery

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

The greatest of the greats at training camp!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Ok I only know two of those names.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

davecrazy posted:

I'll trade you a Feagles jersey for a Seubert!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I don't see vince young on that list so list invalid

Nov 6, 2002

Vince Young said his goal was to have a Hall of Fame career.

That kinda makes me feel sad.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Dontari Poe hosed up his back so he'll miss camp. Sounds like he's getting surgery too.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Parmesan Basil posted:

Dontari Poe hosed up his back so he'll miss camp. Sounds like he's getting surgery too.

Herniated disc, specifically. That's gotta loving suck for a guy his size.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

davecrazy posted:

All right, 2 punters!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

wandler20 posted:

All right, 2 punters!

Well yes everyone else is dead from cte

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

NC-17 posted:

Ok I only know two of those names.

Joe Morris was a RB on the '86 team. He was solid but nobody special.
Stephen Baker was kind of ironically nicknamed "The Touchdown Maker" was a middling WR. Had a decent game in the Bills Superbowl.
Sean Landeta was the P on the '86 and '90 SB teams. Had a decent career for a P.
George Martin was a 3-4 DE on the '86 team. Holds (or held) the record for most TD's score by a defensive lineman.
Rodney Hampton was on the 1990 SB team but was on IR. Had a solid career as a RB, but again nobody special.
Jeff Feagles was the P on the 07 SB team. Has a few NFL punting records.
Shaun O'Hara Rutgers guy who was part of the best Giants line in the mid-late '00s. Was on the 07 SB team.
Rich Seubert UDFA who was a mainstay on that mid 00's line. Won SB 42.
Keith Hamilton was a dlineman on the losing '00 team. Solid player.
Jim Burt was a DT he won a SB with the Giants in '86 and one with the Niners after that.
OJ Anderson played 14 years between the (St. Louis) Cards and Giants. Was on the 86 and 90 SB team. Was supposed to be a seldom used backup in 90 but basically was the starter after Hampton got hurt. Under rated player. Hall of Very Good in my book.
Carl Banks was a LB on the 86 and 90 team and now is the color guy on the radio for the Giants.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

davecrazy posted:

Stephen Baker was kind of ironically nicknamed "The Touchdown Maker" was a middling WR. Had a decent game in the Bills Superbowl.
Sean Landeta was the P on the '86 and '90 SB teams. Had a decent career for a P.
George Martin was a 3-4 DE on the '86 team. Holds (or held) the record for most TD's score by a defensive lineman.
Rodney Hampton was on the 1990 SB team but was on IR. Had a solid career as a RB, but again nobody special.
Shaun O'Hara Rutgers guy who was part of the best Giants line in the mid-late '00s. Was on the 07 SB team.
Jim Burt was a DT he won a SB with the Giants in '86 and one with the Niners after that.
OJ Anderson played 14 years between the (St. Louis) Cards and Giants. Was on the 86 and 90 SB team. Was supposed to be a seldom used backup in 90 but basically was the starter after Hampton got hurt. Under rated player. Hall of Very Good in my book.
Carl Banks was a LB on the 86 and 90 team and now is the color guy on the radio for the Giants.

Thanks to tecmo bowl the only guys I hadn't heard of was Martin and Burt. Seems like most of those guys appeared in a Tecmo Bowl of some sort.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NC-17 posted:

Vince Young said his goal was to have a Hall of Fame career.

That kinda makes me feel sad.

He will make the college hall :unsmith:

Nov 6, 2002

davecrazy posted:

Feagles and O'Hara are the only two names I recognized and knew the positions they played.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NC-17 posted:

Feagles and O'Hara are the only two names I recognized and knew the positions they played.

I also instantly remembered Rodney Hampton, but I thought he was a running back in the mid 2000's and not the early 90's.

I'm getting old :(

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

I also instantly remembered Rodney Hampton, but I thought he was a running back in the mid 2000's and not the early 90's.

I'm getting old :(

When I see Rodney Hamption this immediately pops in my head:

I think I had a dozen of these cards as a kid.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Benne posted:

Herniated disc, specifically. That's gotta loving suck for a guy his size.

Ok I'm officially scared. He doesn't really have a backup unless it's that 6th round Southern Miss guy they just drafted.

Jaye Howard is who they're plugging in I guess. I'm not hopeful of that working out particularly well.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Parmesan Basil posted:

I think he already had the surgery, which is why he will be missing everything till at a very bare minimum of September.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Same. Those and the Fleer ones from around that year with the lovely giant grey borders one year and the awful green border / color gradient background the next year.

I probably had a lawyer's document box full of those things.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

loving poo poo. Perpetually missing our probowl defensive players.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher 9m9 minutes ago

Eric Berry has been cleared to practice with the Chiefs on Wednesday morning.

:unsmith:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

wandler20 posted:

I think you can still find unopened factory boxes of Pro Set. Loved the look of them but man did they over produce.

Kalli posted:

Same. Those and the Fleer ones from around that year with the lovely giant grey borders one year and the awful green border / color gradient background the next year.

I probably had a lawyer's document box full of those things.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/85438266@N06

I love the cards from that era.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@AdamSchefter: Training camp opens today for Patriots, Dolphins, Jets, Ravens, Browns, Chargers, Cowboys, Redskins, Bears, Packers, Saints. Football...

:haw:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

davecrazy posted:

Carl Banks was born August 4, 1974, is Vivian and Philip's eldest son and Will's pedantic maternal cousin.

Fixed

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Branden Albert is opening camp on the active roster :haw:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Ehud posted:

Branden Albert is opening camp on the active roster :haw:

You treat him well, you hear me!?!

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
The Jonathan Football redemption tour begins today

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

These loving own! Nice work.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Notable Dom X posted:

The Jonathan Football redemption tour begins today

Jonathan M Football, quarterback extraordinaire!!!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Crossposting.

"Berry subsequently underwent treatment that included chemotherapy and radiation near his offseason home in Atlanta."

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Amanda Kaschube @amandakaschube
oh, 2006 Kyle Orton

you're still my favorite 'Bears reporting to training camp' photo pic.twitter.com/oRAlUJIHEg

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Kalli posted:

As long as it doesn't involve Dalton throwing 30+ times, I'm ok with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

korrandark posted:

As long as it doesn't involve Dalton throwing 30+ times, I'm ok with this.

Get ready for Andy Favre

• Locked thread