Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Philip Rivers posted:

Is this minimal enough yet? Am I minimal enough to be cool?

You brought a knife to a sharp rock fight, son.

Quantumfate posted:

Minimalist, Nova launcher, Swipe to pull up app drawer, gestures for most used apps. Tapping the word brings up the phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Philip Rivers posted:

Why a music widget at all? During playback one appears on the lockscreen and in the notification bar so why would you ever need one when the app is not active?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Scudworth posted:

You brought a knife to a sharp rock fight, son.

Since when did minimalist mean "still have a billion features you don't need, but hide them behind some unintuitive bullshit"?

This is minimalist.

Only the functionality required, nothing more.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

It basically just serves as a shortcut on my homescreen. I just like it because the background of the widget is white so it looks at home on the screen or something (I didn't actually set out to do anything minimalist but Nova set my wallpaper to plain white skin I just rolled with it).

Oh and I got rid of the app labels.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

Philip Rivers posted:

Bro, text under your icons? Come on

Edit: But I'll be damned if that wasn't some clear, minimal text

TenaciousTomato fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jul 7, 2015

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

TenaciousTomato posted:

Bro, text under your icons? Come on

Edit: But I'll be damned if that wasn't some clear, minimal text

Actually that's the problem. The text on the icons is white with a shadow whereas the text on the widget is black and without shadowing. The light source on the text is different from the one on the icons and even if wasn't the widget has no shadowing at all.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

LastInLine posted:

Why a music widget at all? During playback one appears on the lockscreen and in the notification bar so why would you ever need one when the app is not active?

This is needed on the Z3c where Lollipop memory leaks are so bad that the controls disappear from the notification shade/lockscreen randomly and frequently. :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If your homescreen isn't solid black or white (depending on OLED or not) with functions only accessible via gestures only you know, you may as well not call it minimalist.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

If your homescreen isn't solid black or white (depending on OLED or not) with functions only accessible via gestures only you know, you may as well not call it minimalist.

Again, this isn't minimalist. It's just retarded.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

It's dumb as hell but I love it. :3: When I charge my phone it rains! I just use LINE Deco for everything because I am secretly 12.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Omigosh what a cute phone :kimchi:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
You got the orientation all wrong, the disc should be on the turtle's back.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
My setup. I call it... Android '95.

Made with Lightning Launcher, the icons are from the Tiny White Icons pack.

I made the start menu using folders and threw in a few scripts for functionality.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
:stare:

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
what does the my android thing do?

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

:stare:

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Zom Aur posted:

what does the my android thing do?

It's just a renamed shortcut to a file Explorer. I was going for the old My Computer style.

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Angelwolf posted:

It's just a renamed shortcut to a file Explorer. I was going for the old My Computer style.
ah, i couldn't figure what app would represent that one. i was thinking of system apps for some dumb reason.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
As someone who enjoys turning their phone into a weird gimmick every few months, I applaud this idea.

tjones
May 13, 2005
That is awesome.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
A triumph

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

http://imgur.com/NfOcnvC

My latest, simple and clean.

Wee Bairns fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 22, 2015

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Wee Bairns posted:

My latest, simple and clean.

And humongous.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

COOL CORN posted:

And humongous.

Sorry, will fix shortly.

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Grey material design header bar thing is part of the wallpaper itself, it's kind of a neat effect because I've set Nova to have apps slide in from the right. Phone is actually a Note 4 but Scrotter didn't have the option so it's a Galaxy S5 in the picture.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Now that MyColorScreen's dead (and likely Themer along with it), is there another launcher that offers pre-made themes? I'm really not excited about futzing around with Zooper or whatever myself (and I'm not creative). I'd used Buzz Launcher before, but since it's developed in China, I'm leery of using it again.

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN
Feb 25, 2007

fuck a car
i'll do a mothafuckin' walk-by

Using Launcher Pro with the MNML White icon pack, and Power Toggles for the settings widget. I've spent the last year or so tweaking this setup, it's about as minimal as I can get while still having a home screen that at least kinda makes sense to anyone else. I can swipe on just about all of those shortcuts to open a folder with similar apps, swipe up on the empty half of the screen for an app drawer of misc. stuff I don't use often, and swipe down to open the settings panel.

Honestly, I went down the white on black route because I could never find a wallpaper/icon pack combo that I was happy with. It's kind of hard to gently caress this combo up.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

It's an N5 with Nova Launcher, HD Widgets, and the icon pack is Bleach. I'm fond of it but that Android '95 setup is tempting.

A MINIATURE LLAMA
Jul 30, 2009

IT'S SO TINY

KentuckyFriedBonBon posted:

It's dumb as hell but I love it. :3: When I charge my phone it rains! I just use LINE Deco for everything because I am secretly 12.

Would love more info on this setup.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

e.e.coli posted:

Would love more info on this setup.

LINE Deco.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
i just got a note 4 edge, who has the sweetest zeon/msg wallpaper so i can express my inner 40 year old virgin?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Angelwolf posted:

I made the start menu using folders and threw in a few scripts for functionality.

Holy poo poo.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

Angelwolf posted:

This is great! Can you post a backup or theme file for it? LL looks like a nice launcher and I'd like to give it a try.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Trampus posted:

This is great! Can you post a backup or theme file for it? LL looks like a nice launcher and I'd like to give it a try.

I honestly have no idea if a backup would work on other devices, mainly because of the scripts. Having said that, I don't mind giving it a go.

Llx has a learning curve but it gives a lot of customisation. If you've not used it before I'd recommend having a play with it first.

Will try and post the backup soon.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Along these lines, are there any Win95-esque icon packs for Android launchers?

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Got inspired to mess around yesterday and settled on a new look. NOVA launcher with the Gel icon pack. The weather widget is just 1Weather.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Super simple, using SwipePad for most of my app launching lately.

Wallpaper from here
Icons from here

Clock is Zooper with some font I found called Traphouse.

Mostly just wanted to show off the wallpaper because omigod look at it :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

endolithic posted:

Super simple, using SwipePad for most of my app launching lately.

Wallpaper from here
Icons from here

Clock is Zooper with some font I found called Traphouse.

Mostly just wanted to show off the wallpaper because omigod look at it :3:

:perfect:

No, seriously, is adorable.

• Locked thread