Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Stoic Commie posted:

accusing me of being a pedophile because i disagree with you. that's pretty messed up, are you mad?

IO can carefeully deduce that since your avatar is a box of kleenax that you must enjoy JingO

Since most of the models online are underage, U can safeley conclude that you have joed to an underage girl

pedophile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

imo killing people is probably bad and not good

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

signalnoise posted:

All the tells were there, and the dude tried to escape. It's pretty cut and dry that if you're a drunk runaway driver, that's going to have a bloody end. If anything this was just another case of suicide by cop. He drew his weapon and they brought a potential monster down. Would you rather let him go or have to chase him down? Because the only other option was what this cop's instincts told him.

Id rather have let him go or chase him down than that he be murdered for his potential future crimes of which there is no proof he was actually going to commit them, we are not living in the movie Minority Report, hth.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Stoic Commie posted:

the guy drinking and driving and running from the cops is not a self-serving coward, he is a hero

The friend of the family deserved to die. Noted pedophile Stoic Commie says so.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Stoic Commie posted:

the guy drinking and driving and running from the cops is not a self-serving coward, he is a hero

you're trying too hard

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Do it ironically posted:

if youre that stupid to try to run away from the cops like that then, yeah, it is, probably for the best imo

The guy was drunk as hell. That's why he was pulled over in the first place.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

Yes, police are self-serving cowards. Numerous people already shouted this.

Not too many people do something out of altruism that also gives them a paycheck.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Sheep-Goats posted:

He put his hand back up there moron. He reached and leaned from 1:53 to 1:54. The arm is still angled down in 1:54. That should be obvious.

and after he grabbed his invisible gun the officer had only seconds to react!!!!!!!

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Sheep-Goats posted:

Not too many people do something out of altruism that also gives them a paycheck.

But I don't get to execute anybody at my job. :qq:

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Inept posted:

you're trying too hard

to do what? i'm just stating the facts, jack

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Sheep-Goats posted:

I'm not a pro-cop guy but my job had me working with them a lot and once you understand how their job is from hour to hour you understand how these things happen. I can almost guarantee you that cop saw a video in training or knows someone who got shot at in that kind of a situation before. Rule number one for the police is "go home" and if you get pulled over and keep lurching around in your seat and sticking your hands out of view and acting like you can't focus on questions you're asked it's a little like running across a highway without looking to see if there's traffic first.

i don't like how the number one rule for the police is "go home", because the police mythology is that they are self-sacfricing and they are supposed to put the safety of others first. with so many war veterans who had their most emotionally impactful training and experience fighting an insurgency in an occupied country, they are wired to see the people they are policing as enemy combatants who may kill them at any moment. they learn to see them as subhuman and this leads to a lot of brutality.

still, there are a lot of really great honest police officers who are trying to do the job well, so anyone criticizing the police should honestly ask themselves how they would handle the situation better because most of the time (except in obviousness of brutality) they would do no better and likely get themselves or someone else killed.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Sheep-Goats posted:

You mean doctors?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MariusLecter posted:

and after he grabbed his invisible gun the officer had only seconds to react!!!!!!!

Reactions take about two seconds. The shot is at 1:55. His reaction is to the lean and reach that I screenshotted.

MariusLecter posted:

You mean doctors?

You know zero doctors if you actually think this.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Commie NedFlanders posted:

still, there are a lot of really great honest police officers who are trying to do the job well, so anyone criticizing the police should honestly ask themselves how they would handle the situation better because most of the time (except in obviousness of brutality) they would do no better and likely get themselves or someone else killed.

i would not shoot a citizen i am paid to protect in the face with my gun for being handsey or for driving his car. thats how i would handle the situation differently and thats why i dont mind criticising this particular police officer.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Shirley Crabtree posted:

firstly, drunk driving is not and should not be an executable offence and as such a murder charge on the cop is right

secondly, proof that the guy was drunk please? im hearing people vaguely mention that there may or may not have been a beverage container of some kind... even if drunk driving were a crime punished with death id kinda hope it takes more than this before judgement is handed down

is it murder if a police officer rams a suspect's car during a chase and it causes the suspect to crash and die?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Id rather have let him go or chase him down than that he be murdered for his potential future crimes of which there is no proof he was actually going to commit them, we are not living in the movie Minority Report, hth.

The potential future crime of drunk driving? The guy was drunk. Letting him go would've been letting a drunk driver back on the road. Not stopping him would have meant chasing a drunk driver. These are the two options you've got. Do you want to enable drunk drivers or take them off the streets?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I wonder if the goon amateur forensics team came back with "thug had it coming" before the reddit crime lab? Both trailing stormfront of course.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Shirley Crabtree posted:

i would not shoot a citizen i am paid to protect in the face with my gun for being handsey or for driving his car. thats how i would handle the situation differently and thats why i dont mind criticising this particular police officer.

if that person ran over and killed a child just down the road, how would you feel about your own role in that?

could you handle meeting the parents or family of someone who was killed by a fleeing suspect and them wanting to know if you did everything you could?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Stoic Commie posted:

cops are trained to look for physical and verbal signs of guilt and lying, maybe it's just the cops in your little island that don't have super senses
lol are u literally retarded

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Shirley Crabtree posted:

but you're not a cop and you don't fully understand the context, none of us do, you can only watch the video.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

if that person ran over and killed a child just down the road, how would you feel about your own role in that?

Execute all drivers you assume to be drunk. Its the only way.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

XMNN posted:

lol are u literally retarded

hmmm no, thanks for asking

i love cops and it hurts me that this public servant is suffering for no reason

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

is it murder if a police officer rams a suspect's car during a chase and it causes the suspect to crash and die?

nope.

signalnoise posted:

The potential future crime of drunk driving? The guy was drunk. Letting him go would've been letting a drunk driver back on the road. Not stopping him would have meant chasing a drunk driver. These are the two options you've got. Do you want to enable drunk drivers or take them off the streets?

you said yourself glad he was shot for being a 'potential monster'. there was no proof he was going to harm someone and there was no proof, other than perhaps a beverage container, that he was drunk. i want to take drunk drivers off the streets but not by lethal gunshot because i am not a oval office.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Stoic Commie posted:

but you're not a cop and you don't fully understand the context, none of us do, you can only watch the video.

:lol:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Sheep-Goats posted:

Reactions take about two seconds. The shot is at 1:55. His reaction is to the lean and reach that I screenshotted.

he still reacted with a kill shot to nothing

oh but because he has been saturated with paranoia and fear from the police culture its okay

:)

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Cops need more guns maybe?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Cops need more guns maybe?

Who are you to judge, non-cop?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

people are trolling or just idiots if they don't get how cops learn to read people for signs of guilt or danger

do you think teachers learn how to see when students are lying to them?

do you think doctors learn how to see when patients are lying to them?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

i don't like how the number one rule for the police is "go home", because the police mythology is that they are self-sacfricing and they are supposed to put the safety of others first. with so many war veterans who had their most emotionally impactful training and experience fighting an insurgency in an occupied country, they are wired to see the people they are policing as enemy combatants who may kill them at any moment. they learn to see them as subhuman and this leads to a lot of brutality.

Well it would be really nice if mythology lined up with reality but the image of self-sacrificing bodyguards that some people have of the police for some weird reason is really distant from the blue collar workaday don't want to die on the job guys that are actually out there grinding out their shifts until they can get fullpay on their pension. They aren't "wired to see the people they are policing as enemy combatants" they're just people. Sometimes they show up on the job and someone got shot recently or they're on edge in general. The guy in the car would have never behaved like he did if, say, he was stopped at a light and a random angry redneck ran up to his window with a pistol on his hip, or maybe he got stuck up by some guy in a bad part of town. It's wise to be on cats feet around armed men, it doesn't matter if they're in a uniform or not.

I'm not saying this particular instance is justified or not (it's somewhere between those two things) but it's inevitable. It's part of the job.

In short I agree and people who just want to yell about BWAA COPS should keep it to Reddit or some other echo chamber.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
One time a student lied to me and I shot him at blank range.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Shirley Crabtree posted:

nope.

you said yourself glad he was shot for being a 'potential monster'. there was no proof he was going to harm someone and there was no proof, other than perhaps a beverage container, that he was drunk. i want to take drunk drivers off the streets but not by lethal gunshot because i am not a oval office.

You can't always be an optimist

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MariusLecter posted:

he still reacted with a kill shot to nothing

oh but because he has been saturated with paranoia and fear from the police culture its okay

:)

Not to nothing. To something. You can argue about whether or not it was enough, but that wasn't an average, calm, low-probability-of-violence kind of stop. That was in fact exactly the kind of stop where someone does pull a gun.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

could you handle meeting the parents or family of someone who was killed by a fleeing suspect and them wanting to know if you did everything you could?

as opposed to meeting the parents or family of the guy you murdered in cold blood for being a bit twitchy? as if youre trying to justify murdering someone for something they possibly might do.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Sheep-Goats posted:

BWAA COPS should keep it to Reddit or some other echo chamber.

maybe they all already got banned from reddit

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

people are trolling or just idiots if they don't get how cops learn to read people for signs of guilt or danger

do you think teachers learn how to see when students are lying to them?

do you think doctors learn how to see when patients are lying to them?

"Uh... a dog ate my homework." *teacher blasts Billy in the face*

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

why not? if you rammed someone off of the road who was running away from you and killed then, wouldn't you be charged with murder?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
I wonder what other blue collar job grants you the right to shoot people...

CrimsonSaber
Dec 27, 2005
Metaphysicist
A lean has not been given such scrutiny since the "Greedo shot first" debacle.

Let's all pray for Greedo.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Sheep-Goats posted:

Not to nothing. To something. You can argue about whether or not it was enough, but that wasn't an average, calm, low-probability-of-violence kind of stop. That was in fact exactly the kind of stop where someone does pull a gun.

according to cops and their apologists EVERY stop is one where a gun gets pulled

ironically its the cops doing the pulling

and then shooting in the head of unarmed, nonthreat citizens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
if you stay inside and play video games all day the only person who will probably shoot you is yourself

• Locked thread