Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is your 7th-round pick?
Pro Bowler
Future Hall of Famer
Gets the key to every city in America
Future President of the Universe
View Results

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers had zero players on the PUP list to start camp, and everyone practiced except one of our QBs whose wife was giving birth or something.

It wasn't Rivers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Trick plays in training camp y'all:

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/626777652465156096

Brady hands it to a running back who flips it to Edelman who throws it back to Tom.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Did you see that fuckin one handed snag?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Anybody gonna count the PSI in that ball? gently caress it. Like childhood in Syria, I'm gone *drops the mic*

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Kalli posted:

Brady hands it to a running back who flips it to Edelman who throws it back to Tom.

Can't wait to see it in week 6.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kalli posted:

That is not a good sign for the patriots defense

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

So in the age of Twitter are we just going to forget what a cardinal sin it is to tape somebody's practice?

#freebrady

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

sweet thursday posted:

So in the age of Twitter are we just going to forget what a cardinal sin it is to tape somebody's practice?
#freebrady

Fairly certain the Pats literally invented taping practices.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maybe I missed this but Blount failed his conditioning test for the Patriots and is suspended? LMAO.

quote:

Blount (suspension), whom the Patriots placed on their non-football injury list to open training camp, reportedly failed his conditioning test, Ben Volin of the Boston Globe reports.
Spin:
The reports suggests that in order to do so, Blount needed to run 20 50-yard sprints in under eight seconds each, and he only did 12. In any case, we'd expect Blount to get over that minor conditioning hurdle sooner rather than later and join his teammates at practice once he does.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Real coaches, coaches who win multiple championships, they know they're being watched at practice. And they'll play you and let you eat tape that shows Brady giving it to Edelman sending it up for a one-armed snag from Brady. You'll never see that in the game, but you never know what you're going to see. It's not only Bill. A few other coaches know how to dance the delicate salsa of deceit and you shouldn't hate on anybody if your team's incapable

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

A Man and his dog posted:

Sour Diesel trust in Steve Smith.

Lmao that game against the Panthers was a thing of beauty.

He even lived up to his poo poo talk.

:magical:

i was hoping after that game someone would take a jab at him being ringless, so he'd drag the ravens kicking and screaming to the super bowl

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@chrisperk: Tannehill looking sharp so far in camp. Passes are more accurate, indication of improved footwork

Lots of little tweets like this about tannyhills from Miami beat guys

HE GETS BETTER EVERY YEAR YOU GUYS

8-8 tho

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Also, something called a Michael Preston is the best WR in camp so far lol

He did really well yesterday, today they're giving him first team reps and he's still doing things

‏@JamesWalkerNFL: #Dolphins WR Michael Preston catches another deep ball from QB Ryan Tannehill. Preston beats CB Will Davis for his third deep pass of camp.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Ryan Tannehill is going to break the gently caress out this year.

As well, in Lions camp news, Golden Tate continues to be a cool dude.

Caldwell is making this team one giant emotionless emoticon.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Going to sweat my face off at Giants camp, obviously going to be looking for Cruz, anybody else you want me to keep an eye out for?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Chiefs don't have everyone report until tomorrow and their only running back currently in camp got hurt. Chase Daniel lined up at RB yesterday just to have someone out there in the position.

On Wednesday some guy from Central Missouri tweeted the Chiefs his highlights (spoiler: he breaks a lot of long runs against D2 athletes), yesterday they signed him.

Ehud you should tweet the Dolphins that you're willing to play OL.

e: Oh crap I almost missed a chance to post angry mule

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 31, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

Going to sweat my face off at Giants camp, obviously going to be looking for Cruz, anybody else you want me to keep an eye out for?

JAY PEEPEE, BABY!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Chilichimp posted:

JAY PEEPEE, BABY!

He's not reporting any time soon.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

He's not reporting any time soon.

Has he signed his tender yet, or did they withdraw it?

omfg, it would be so loving awesome if this was all a ploy to get them to withdraw the tag so he could become a free agent, and his hand is fine.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Meanwhile, in Jacksonville...

Dilla
@E_Dilla
Gus and Marrone arguing over something. Heated.

Enjoy him, Jags fans!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

The Chiefs don't have everyone report until tomorrow and their only running back currently in camp got hurt. Chase Daniel lined up at RB yesterday just to have someone out there in the position.

On Wednesday some guy from Central Missouri tweeted the Chiefs his highlights (spoiler: he breaks a lot of long runs against D2 athletes), yesterday they signed him.

Ehud you should tweet the Dolphins that you're willing to play OL.

e: Oh crap I almost missed a chance to post angry mule

My wife has a UCM shirt that we got at a yard sale. The angry mule does not make Missouri look any more civilized in the eyes of the rest of the world.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Eddie Lacy cut his finger, asked for a Finding Nemo bandaid. Lacy owns.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

TubeStank posted:

Why does it own

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ross Angeles posted:

Why does it own

Because he is cool and funny and enjoys having a good time. That is to say he is like a kid out there.

Sorry jags fans Bortles got carted off with a left leg injury

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Has he signed his tender yet, or did they withdraw it?

omfg, it would be so loving awesome if this was all a ploy to get them to withdraw the tag so he could become a free agent, and his hand is fine.

Hasn't signed it, but it's still on the table. He can play for the Giants and make a few million dollars or sit at home and not make any money.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Motherfucker

quote:

Packers wide receiver Jared Abbrederis left the team's first training camp practice with an undisclosed injury.

Abbrederis tore his ACL in the fourth practice last year, but this year's injury didn't appear to be related to that.

"The way he fell, I don't think it was his knee," coach Mike McCarthy said, indicating that Abbrederis may have landed hard on his tailbone, per the Journal-Sentinel.

This happened yesterday and I haven't heard anything about it until now so maybe it's not serious?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Should have asked for a bandaid from a better Pixar movie is my point

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ross Angeles posted:

Maybe it's all they had last year.

Also we haven't heard anything re abby except he isn't practicing today.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TubeStank posted:

Because he is cool and funny and enjoys having a good time. That is to say he is like a kid out there.

Sorry jags fans Bortles got carted off with a left leg injury

*looks at the thread title*

checks out

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TubeStank posted:

:agreed:

Ross Angeles posted:

Can you enjoy things?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

:agreed:

Can you enjoy things?

Inside Out was cool

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Sour Diesel posted:

Ravens first round pick Breshad Perriman hurt his knee in practice today. The Ravens staff have said it's minor and should only sideline him for a few days. Still excited to see if he does anything special.

I know people were down on the pick for him seeming like Torrey 2.0, and that's okay if that's what we're stuck with. Torrey may have been mediocre with peaks and valleys but he was still the best WR the franchise ever drafted. The good thing is Perriman has much better catching mechanics. Torrey had Alex Smith sized hands so he'd always catch with his body. He always went to the ground after 90% of his receptions. The majority of the ones he'd get any YAC on were when he'd leave a corner in the dust and have an uncontested bomb waiting for him. Guy has a high ceiling and I know I shouldn't be stupid to put hopes in a Ravens WR but it's fun to dream. :( I'd hate for this window with the awesome OL is wasted with sub-par WR play.

I just don't want to have to depend on Steve Smith so much so he'll be able to contribute in January (if we make it that far.) Forsett did great last year but a lot of his success was on the line just destroying defenses. He's got good vision and is a nice one-cut back, but he's not making guys miss or trucking anyone.

Either way I still have a month or two to believe that a Ravens offense is totally going to be amazing this season.

Any word on other WRs, specifically Marlon Brown?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

Inside Out was cool

lol you would like the movie about childhood depression

also I can't tell if Blake Bortles is actually hurt because the "source" seems to contradict himself

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

Inside Out was cool

Yeah my kids liked it too

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ehud posted:

lol you would like the movie about childhood depression

also I can't tell if Blake Bortles is actually hurt because the "source" seems to contradict himself

Yeah sorry may not be true. Didn't really look into it more it just popped up on my twitter feed

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

TubeStank posted:

Yeah sorry may not be true. Didn't really look into it more it just popped up on my twitter feed

Yeah it looks like that guy just makes stuff up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eric Weddle has instructed his agent to no longer talk about a contract extension with the Chargers

:(

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
^^^^ Weddle :ohdear:

No Butt Stuff posted:

My wife has a UCM shirt that we got at a yard sale. The angry mule does not make Missouri look any more civilized in the eyes of the rest of the world.

Considering all the bad vibes coming out of the St Louis area the past few years that national media caught wind of I think Missouri's only current option is to lean on the "fat jolly people from Kansas City" angle.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ross Angeles posted:

Eric Weddle has instructed his agent to no longer talk about a contract extension with the Chargers

That really sucks for the fans, but I don't blame him. When they're throwing crazy money at some good but not great players and jerking him around, I can understand why he got fed up with it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

He wants to cut his beard at some point.

• Locked thread