Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

T Bowl posted:

Did anyone post this yet?

this game sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Looks great, but will probably be broken in FIFA 16. Look forward to it actually working in FIFA 17 though!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

T Bowl posted:

Did anyone post this yet?

Reddit last week if that counts. :shrug:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I may be completely insane but after playing a few matches of Fifa 14 on the xbone I rather like it more than Fifa 15, at least was harder for people to just dribble past your entire team because dribbling was terrible and Klose was the best striker because headers were OP :q:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Emails have gone out for a Fifa 16 Ultimate team beta.

I got one

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Me too

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
drat I got nothing. Can't wait to hear how much it's improved from FIFA 15

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Got one for PS4 FUT :getin:

Also pre-ordered FIFA 16 because I am an idiot and can't live without this game.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Huh? Is this the frst time they do FUT betas? Better check my mails sometime.

Another thing, I totally stopped playing Fifa for a couple of months, and suddenly I have this urge to play it again. I don't know how they do it, but this happens every year. 1-2 months before the release of the new version, I start playing again and I will probably also pre-order 16. How do they do this!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Because there's nothing else to play when it comes to football. Konami has been saying "this is the best PES we've made" to convince players since PES 2008. It's kind of amazing how many good indie games you can play on every video game category but there is no football game (even without licenses) that is worth playing aside from the two franchises.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
PES is still just so loving bad and the way Konami is going it's probably only gonna get worse.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Guillermus posted:

Because there's nothing else to play when it comes to football. Konami has been saying "this is the best PES we've made" to convince players since PES 2008. It's kind of amazing how many good indie games you can play on every video game category but there is no football game (even without licenses) that is worth playing aside from the two franchises.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252950/

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

It looks neat, and has a cool concept, but isn't a real football game.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

White Noise Marine posted:

It looks neat, and has a cool concept, but isn't a real football game.

Yea it was half a joke post and half a post to show people a really cool game that is fun to play and has a soccer ball in it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Yea it was half a joke post and half a post to show people a really cool game that is fun to play and has a soccer ball in it.

Well then :shepface:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/90007/

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Except rocket league has taken off and is actually a really well reviewed and good game?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Rocket League is fun as gently caress

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Guillermus posted:

Speaking of

I don't understand the folks who play FIFA for Manager Mode.

Football Manager exists and it is awesome. Why would you bother with FIFA for that type of game.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Tzen posted:

Speaking of

I don't understand the folks who play FIFA for Manager Mode.

Football Manager exists and it is awesome. Why would you bother with FIFA for that type of game.

it used to be a decent enough FM-lite where you had something to do during games. with FM's move towards delegation options and FIFA's move towards irritating the gently caress out of you with scouting systems i don't know what recommends it now.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Some people like to play with their team or pick a random one and progress with it through the "real" competitions. FUT does a good job if you want to build a "dream" team and play solo but then seasons start being harder and harder unless you stick with the semi-pro one. Some people still likes to play the champions league, europe league and that stuff. Football Manager games don't let you actually play. Hell, I always like to play a bit of Manager mode on Fifa (or PES back then) but they're making it annoying with the lovely scouting players.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The versions where you could be a manager and player at the same time were cool as well. Stick yourself in the team of your choice and then try to win everything. Always fun when you're losing, but what are you gonna do, sub yourself off? I don't think so!

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I hope that fifa get rid of the scouting bollocks in the next one, I've not heard anyone say anything positive about it in the last two years since it was introduced. It's only good if you're some kind of wanker who decides to start a manager mode with barca or Chelsea or something.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

There are loads of players with great potential for really cheap that will outclass most Barça or Chelsea ones in a few seasons. Just google up a bit or look futhead and you're set. You can also hire a bunch of players with expiring contracts and people usually list them all. Is funny to see AI teams paying hundreds of millions for players that in 3-4 seasons will be matched by your lesser dudes. I got Grzegorz Krychowiak to 87 in two seasons in my Sevilla career and is funny to see a guy with 62 pace and 98 strenght bump Messi away like nothing.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
That sounds great but playing offline is really boring and if you are just simming the games football manager is the better option

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The point is playing manager and playing matches. Boring is a matter of taste, for example I usually carry my 360 when I go on vacation to the beach and I'm not going to use my phone's data plan to keep up my 360 hooked. I normally stick to Dark Souls or racing games but I also have an old rear end PES6 copy to scratch the itch.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I'm guessing you are in middle school? High school at the oldest

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ahhh I'm finally on vacation at the beach... time to play some Xbox.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

RCarr posted:

Ahhh I'm finally on vacation at the beach... time to play some Xbox.

The "beach" is lame. Sunburn and bugs and sharks. Gaming is epic

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

DangerZoneDelux posted:

I'm guessing you are in middle school? High school at the oldest

Remember I'm a goon, I'm well past 30 and still play doom, fifa games and battlefield when I'm not working. Oh, and Dark Souls :wink:

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it
Anybody know if PC Parmos are still kicking around?

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010
Not in its original form, bunch of drama split it (as is bound to happen) but a few of us still play most nights. Add me on origin: KratliTrufen

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it
I actually would have to buy fifa for PC, but before I spent 20 bucks on it I wanted to see if anyone played clubs.

Lemme take care of that then I'll add you.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
We should find out a bunch more info about the game tomorrow at gamescom, like whether or not they've done anything meaningful with career mode (no) or pro clubs (also no) and whether ultimate team is gonna be the only thing they care about again (definitely yes)

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Pompey's ground is being added in this year as a tribute to a developer that supported them which is pretty cool and good itpo

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/pompeys-fratton-park-ground-to-appear-in-fifa-16-2590754.aspx

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Are most of you next gen fifa goons on ps4 or xbone?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There's barely anyone on Xbone as far as I'm aware.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
EA released a video about FUTDraft.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzogfrv-WUw

Looks interesting, but they don't exactly give too much information in this video. It'll probably have to do something with opening packs or something.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-16/32056-fifa-16-fut-draft-mode-preview

Here's more detailed info, it looks loving cool.

Sort of like hearthstone's arena mode, or a draft tournament from mobas or other CCGs or whatever.

e: Also you can play draft mode coop, which is pretty rad. I was playing normal coop with a friend the other night and we were both talking about how we hope they bring coop to ultimate team, and well there it is (sort of).

e: Also: "Celebrating goals can now be performed with individuals not on the pitch. Run over to the subs bench after a goal and you’ll celebrate with squad players not included in the first 11. "

This is gonna be the thing everyone does after scoring a bullshit goal in the 90th minute.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Aug 5, 2015

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

hopterque posted:

Sort of like hearthstone's arena mode, or a draft tournament from mobas or other CCGs or whatever.

e: Also you can play draft mode coop, which is pretty rad. I was playing normal coop with a friend the other night and we were both talking about how we hope they bring coop to ultimate team, and well there it is (sort of).

e: Also: "Celebrating goals can now be performed with individuals not on the pitch. Run over to the subs bench after a goal and you’ll celebrate with squad players not included in the first 11. "

This is gonna be the thing everyone does after scoring a bullshit goal in the 90th minute.

This looks pretty fun and something I'd probably do a bunch of towards the end of the game where I'm less interested in buying players and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

hopterque posted:

This looks really good

• Locked thread