Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dragonshirt posted:

They pulled Tough Enough off of the USA NOW app. Did they shitcan it altogether?

Seems more like they just wanted to get everything Hogan off their recent history, which considering he was on an episode as recently as 2 weeks ago makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Cena is very good on the mic, it just sucks when the content of his well delivered promo is essentially 'and you're POOP, JACK! BECAUSE I'LL NEVER GIVE UP!' and then he actually does never give up

how dramatic

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
POOP

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't know but Vince and co. are apparently furious that ZZ keeps winning the fan vote and doesn't get eliminated. They keep trying to manipulate everything so he gets dumped there every week but the fans won't vote him off. This show is a trainwreck.

So ZZ is going to win, get publicly humiliated, then never show up again until he gets quietly let go?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rhonne posted:

So ZZ is going to win, get publicly humiliated, then never show up again until he gets quietly let go?

Yes.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rhonne posted:

Have you never watched Tough Enough?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Well he could go on to have a Maven level career where he...uh...teamed with Al Snow and eliminated the Undertaker that one time. That's pretty much all I remember about Maven's career.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Rhonne posted:

Well he could go on to have a Maven level career where he...uh...teamed with Al Snow and eliminated the Undertaker that one time. That's pretty much all I remember about Maven's career.

That's more than you can say about any other Tough Enough winner.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I always thought the "they'll like what I tell them to like DAMMIT" caricature of Vince was a little silly but I guess this is showing that no, that is exactly how he thinks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

zz will get eaten alive if he wins

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
To be fair even if the ones they wanted to win won they'd still make them look like absolute poo poo just to say "WELCOME TO THE BIG LEAGUES KID" like they always do. It's just if ZZ wins it they'll have Cole bury him as well.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

To be fair even if the ones they wanted to win won they'd still make them look like absolute poo poo just to say "WELCOME TO THE BIG LEAGUES KID" like they always do. It's just if ZZ wins it they'll have Cole bury him as well.

zz would never get out of developmental because he's a fat lazy quitter

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

oatgan posted:

zz would never get out of developmental because he's a fat lazy quitter

He'll be Kevin Owens annoying little brother.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

ZZ will be ribbed to death

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benoit mentioned by WWE in an encyclopedia!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I wasn't watching between like 2002-2014 so it's really hard to imagine a celebration over Chris Benoit's big win

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The greatest.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

That's another five grand.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The laziest big boot.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
all the grace of Akira Taue

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

The laziest big boot.
at a minor league baseball game?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

at a minor league baseball game?

Nash has #JoinedTheForce

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

The laziest big boot.

So on par for Big Sexy.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Kevin Nash got made an extremely high amount for doing very, very little and for that I will always admire him

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

That DICK! posted:

I wasn't watching between like 2002-2014 so it's really hard to imagine a celebration over Chris Benoit's big win

Imagine Bryan's WM30 win but with another equally-beloved superstar successfully defending his belt earlier in the show and the two of them hugging and raising each others hands as confetti rained down.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Kevin Nash is the man we all should aspire to be.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Imagine Bryan's WM30 win but with another equally-beloved superstar successfully defending his belt earlier in the show and the two of them hugging and raising each others hands as confetti rained down.

it was great when Chavo and Eddie embraced in the ring to close off the show

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Kevin Nash is the man we all should aspire to be.

That's the thing about the genetic lottery. You only get the one shot.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Spermgod posted:

I always thought the "they'll like what I tell them to like DAMMIT" caricature of Vince was a little silly but I guess this is showing that no, that is exactly how he thinks

also feels like with age and lack of competition due to owning a monopoly vince's obsession with control is just getting worse and worse

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
If I can still talk about Cena I think he's a great worker and his promos are usually pretty good but all the recent stuff about how every heel is "less of a man" makes me feel really uncomfortable in the worst way.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

If I can still talk about Cena I think he's a great worker and his promos are usually pretty good but all the recent stuff about how every heel is "less of a man" makes me feel really uncomfortable in the worst way.

what do you expect him to do, his promos for a decade were calling people gay and now he can't do that anymore

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

cena will cut promos with a different theme when his opponents try to have a different feud with him

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

what do you expect him to do, his promos for a decade were calling people gay and now he can't do that anymore

I mean; at least calling people gay is just a bog-standard insult. His obession with manliness and how he's a big man and everyone else is a small man or a half man makes it feel like there's some underlying sexual dimension to the whole thing and I kind of just want to crawl into a hole whenever I have to hear it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

I mean; at least calling people gay is just a bog-standard insult. His obession with manliness and how he's a big man and everyone else is a small man or a half man makes it feel like there's some underlying sexual dimension to the whole thing and I kind of just want to crawl into a hole whenever I have to hear it.

yes, he called his opponents gay for a decade

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

yes, he called his opponents gay for a decade

Kay.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
More like, Cena wants to crawl into Owen's hole.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Fsmhunk posted:

More like, Cena wants to crawl into Owen's hole.

is he going to pay the troll toll?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

also feels like with age and lack of competition due to owning a monopoly vince's obsession with control is just getting worse and worse

All those WWE "documentaries" about the Attitude Era make it seem like Vince begrudgingly gave more creative freedom to the wrestlers that he didn't want to do but it saved his company from the evil billionaire Ted Turner so that was cool for a few years I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

PicklesMcGillicuddy posted:

Why does everyone hate Cena's promos anyway? In between all the "the champ is HEEEEEEEEEAAA" stuff, I always felt like like he's one of WWE's top guys on the mic. He's fast, he's clever, he has an answer for everything, and he doesn't sound like he's reading off a teleprompter. One of my favorite moments in recent WWE was the Montreal RAW where the crowd was "CENA SUX"ing more than usual, and five minutes later they were popping for him. Am I in the minority, or am I just a shameless mark?

"Good evening <place we are in>. My name is John Cena and the CHAMP IS HERE. Now I am going to talk about how I am a good person. Now I will talk about my opponent who is a bad person. I am a man. They are probably not. I am very tough and overcome odds. My opponent deserves respect, but only after I give them this cheap pop backhanded compliment. Now I will say a catchphrase. Good night!" Ad infinitum.

• Locked thread