Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Mattavist posted:

Finally the honorable MMO player has an advantage over FGC scum.

I have wasted my life playing Dotalikes so I should have a pretty good muscle memory in terms of cooldowns.

I remember playing a game of Dota where a guy used a certain spell, and I used nothing but a creeping intuition to estimate when he could use it again. Thing is, he used it 5 seconds earlier than I anticipated so I died. I quickly went and checked and found out they had changed that spell cooldown from 22 seconds to 17 seconds in like 2012, which was a year after I had internalized the spell cooldown.

I don't know whether to call that muscle memory or just memory but that is pretty crazy to me that I could remember the cooldown from 4 years ago AND I was able to estimate the cooldown intuitively without actually counting

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Minorkos posted:

I remember playing a game of Dota where a guy used a certain spell, and I used nothing but a creeping intuition to estimate when he could use it again. Thing is, he used it 5 seconds earlier than I anticipated so I died. I quickly went and checked and found out they had changed that spell cooldown from 22 seconds to 17 seconds in like 2012, which was a year after I had internalized the spell cooldown.

Nerd. I play Guild Wars 2, cooldowns are nothing to me

borf
Apr 5, 2006
How long has the wait been for getting in without a code?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

The Gorp posted:

Dauntles's jab punishes Vlads special 3.
Supers can't punish that, that's loving horrible.

Vlad's special 3 is a combo ender. I don't know why people are expecting it to be safe.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

borf posted:

How long has the wait been for getting in without a code?

I don't think they've sent out any more invite waves since last Friday, when they sent out invites to everyone who had signed up by then. I'd think they'd send out another wave today to get the people that have signed up since then, but odds are decent someone reading this thread can send you a friend invite.

borf
Apr 5, 2006

Mattavist posted:

I don't think they've sent out any more invite waves since last Friday, when they sent out invites to everyone who had signed up by then. I'd think they'd send out another wave today to get the people that have signed up since then, but odds are decent someone reading this thread can send you a friend invite.

Cool, thanks. I don't have PM's and didn't want to turn this in to a code begging thread, I'll just wait it out or try and snipe one if more get posted.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

borf posted:

Cool, thanks. I don't have PM's and didn't want to turn this in to a code begging thread, I'll just wait it out or try and snipe one if more get posted.

5JL5Z-ILF10-H35MT-OTB3A-62XLK
K60RJ-Z4NKV-BBF9L-9TTUJ-3ZGQ9

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Tae posted:

5JL5Z-ILF10-H35MT-OTB3A-62XLK
K60RJ-Z4NKV-BBF9L-9TTUJ-3ZGQ9

Took the 2nd one, thanks.

borf
Apr 5, 2006

bromplicated posted:

Took the 2nd one, thanks.

Took the first, thanks!

edit: First impression is that it seems fun, but very laggy right now and every match ends with Result: Disconnect. Also getting matched with people tiers higher than you and getting destroyed, but that has shown me some cool poo poo you can do that I didn't think possible with such a limited control scheme.

borf fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 3, 2015

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

If anyone else has codes, I do have PMs and would appreciate one. Got a code, thanks guys.

I would put content in this post but I haven't played the game yet. I do wonder what Tetsujin 28/Gigantor is doing with the Russians and without his nose, though.

Klades fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 3, 2015

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Jmcrofts posted:

Vlad's special 3 is a combo ender. I don't know why people are expecting it to be safe.

It's safe to everyone else. It's like dictators light flip kick, it does chip and isn't punishable by itself and can be used as a pressure chain ender to leave you in a decent spot.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Gorp posted:

It's safe to everyone else. It's like dictators light flip kick, it does chip and isn't punishable by itself and can be used as a pressure chain ender to leave you in a decent spot.

It's totally not safe against everyone else. Edge can punish with his standing light, and depending on range Vlad can punish with crouching light (cancelled into his own special 3)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I feel sorry for taking one of the codes given out, as I still can't play this.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

The Gorp posted:

It's definitely not safe to everybody else, I'm almost positive talos can clap punish

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
4AIZP-E2RS3-IYFE5-DN5UP-L571Y
55ULT-3YKLT-6C26F-RJGJ4-4ADOY

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Bamford Brownstone posted:

4AIZP-E2RS3-IYFE5-DN5UP-L571Y
55ULT-3YKLT-6C26F-RJGJ4-4ADOY

I took the first one. Thank you!

Also, the second one said it was invalid. I tried it first.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
people still need these i guess so heres mine

F090I-IWANW-VDOEK-GAQW6-TDX5J
Z4RBT-CK733-PS331-JS25C-0M4TW

Also, patch notes are out: http://forum.risingthunder.com/discussion/1244/patch-notes-build-1235-08-03-2015
Edge nerfs, hitbox adjustments, visual improvements, a new special for edge and chel.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
What options does Dauntless have against Vlad? It's the only matchup that gives me trouble anymore, because his stupid uppercut stuffs any attempts at pressure I try to start. I can get in on him but then I have no way to make him block high, since overheads and jumping both get stuffed super hard by that thing.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CaptCommy posted:

What options does Dauntless have against Vlad? It's the only matchup that gives me trouble anymore, because his stupid uppercut stuffs any attempts at pressure I try to start. I can get in on him but then I have no way to make him block high, since overheads and jumping both get stuffed super hard by that thing.

Bait the uppercut.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I guess one of Edge's variants is a projectile? Haha, sweet. I don't have time to load up the game tonight but there was a build update: http://forum.risingthunder.com/discussion/1244/patch-notes-build-1235-08-03-2015

quote:

PATCH NOTES, BUILD 1235

Bug Fixes

- Fixed one major disconnect issue. You should no longer see the "Waiting..." message after the first game in a match.
- Computers with slow load times should no longer display an odd camera angle and "Waiting..." message when loading is complete.
- Improved performance during normal gameplay and rollbacks.
- Change Character and Change Loadout buttons are now disabled while searching for a match.
- Fixed desync with multiple hit volume overlaps.
- Fixed issue where some moves were not properly dizzying opponents.
- Fixed combo counter malfunction that sometimes permanently maxed out the juggle limit.
- Fixed a bug where some moves were not triggering proper knockback after block damage KO.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Talos from falling gradually after wall bounce.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to get stuck beyond screen boundaries after using Kinetic Deflect against a cornered opponent.

New Special Move Variants

- Edge's Binary Flux (S1v2) is a new double-projectile which powers up his S2!
- Chel's Stinging Wind (S3v2) is a new advancing attack with faster startup and recovery!

Character Updates

- Extended hurt-boxes on some moves to better match their active hitboxes:
--> Chel's c.M, c.H, and F+M
--> Crow's far s.H
--> Edge's far s.M, far s.H, c.L, and c.M
- Standardized block pushback caused by normal sweep attacks:
--> Chel's c.H, Edge's c.H, Talos' c.H, and Vlad's c.H
- Corrected an issue that gave the first hit of Chel's F+H and Edge's close s.H -> H an extra frame of hit stun.
- Chel's Overdrive damage has been reduced from 275 to 250.
- Edge's Overdrive damage has been reduced from 300 to 275.
- Edge's Gathering Storm (S1v1) recovery has been increased slightly.
- Edge's Relentless Pursuit (S3) behaves more intuitively after passing under a jumping opponent and stops automatically when reaching a wall.
- Talos' crouching Light attack startup has been reduced by 1 frame.
- Talos' feet now become projectile invulnerable during air Spartan Rush.
- Talos' fully charged Titan Smash (S2) no longer causes extreme pushback against cornered opponents.

(This is not intended as a comprehensive balance pass. These changes should have relatively minor impact on how characters are played.)

Visual Improvements

- Added a new look for Kinetic Advance shadows.
- Armor hits are conveyed more clearly with VFX.
- Lifebar displays combo damage, block damage, and armor damage more accurately.
- Smoothed out animation timing for Talos air throw, making it easier to identify the follow-up window.
- Fixed a strange movement issue with Crow's forward throw against Dauntless.

Audio Improvements

- Armor hits now have unique SFX to stand out from normal hits.
- Kinetic Deflect activation has SFX.
- Sound mix updates.

teagone fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 4, 2015

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

CaptCommy posted:

If you can bait the uppercut, you're golden. His uppercut has short range meaning you can be just outside of it for medium/hard hit pressure on wakeup or a combo if he wiffs.
Block high always unless at point blank waking up, Vlad has no low real lows apart from C.Ligh.
Dust breaker advance should be heartily used and abused on hit or block, as Vlad generally wants to get in it shouldn't be hard to land.
Jab punishes his spin on block, this goes into special 1 super making Vlads most useful chip/pressure tool disappear from the matchup.
Vlads Jab is exceptionally weak, You can special 1 in any time you see a projectile coming due it it being functionally safe on block against him.

Honestly, as a Vlad player I think Dauntless is his worst matchup. Dauntless doesn't seem like an exceptionally amazing character but against Vlad you control the space where he wants to be.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
So I logged back into RT to check out Edge's changes and I'm at 30FPS? What?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

This weekend my video card locked up a couple times and RT was always capped at 30fps afterwards. Restarting my PC fixed it. Maybe some weird/bad Vsync handling?

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

teagone posted:

I guess one of Edge's variants is a projectile?

finally, edge was really lacking in the toolset category

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
It's better than Vlads projectile too.
Wasn't this patch supposed to nerf Edge?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

The Gorp posted:

It's better than Vlads projectile too.
Wasn't this patch supposed to nerf Edge?

Clearly Edge needs this new fireball to make up for the slight nerf to his old V1's recovery time :pseudo:

It's not exactly a "fireball" as far as I can tell in training so much as a long energy slash. but it does have more reach than it looks, and that reach is shy past one quickstep forward from the edge of the screen.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Ixiggle posted:

people still need these i guess so heres mine

F090I-IWANW-VDOEK-GAQW6-TDX5J
Z4RBT-CK733-PS331-JS25C-0M4TW

Also, patch notes are out: http://forum.risingthunder.com/discussion/1244/patch-notes-build-1235-08-03-2015
Edge nerfs, hitbox adjustments, visual improvements, a new special for edge and chel.

Took code #2; thanks.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This game has the dumb thing where you can corner crossup someone and land in front if you time poo poo correctly, I got it to work with Chel's front throw.

Also Seth Killian please make Chel's f+H a b+H instead, it's loving up my sick-rear end neutral st.H attempts ktnx

Dias fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 4, 2015

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Chel's crossup moves her hurtbox in a bogus way.
If flips you over them instantly even if you didn't have the jump angle to pull it off. It's secretly her best tool for offence, I don't see many people use it because they are locked into zoning mode.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Mattavist posted:

This weekend my video card locked up a couple times and RT was always capped at 30fps afterwards. Restarting my PC fixed it. Maybe some weird/bad Vsync handling?

I just restarted RT and it works now, so that's that I guess. :shobon:

Anyone have any baby Edge combos or know where I can find some?

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

bhsman posted:

j.2H - M - M - H - special1/special2/super

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

that's the simplest edge combo i know of that doesn't involve links

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

mango gay touchies posted:

j.2H - M - M - H - special1/special2/super

Is j.2H supposed to mean only jumping fierce or something more? And thanks.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

bhsman posted:

Is j.2H supposed to mean only jumping fierce or something more? And thanks.

if you press down and heavy while you're in the air you get a universal crossup attack

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

mango gay touchies posted:

if you press down and heavy while you're in the air you get a universal crossup attack

Yeah I'm aware of that, I just wasn't sure if that's what you were referring to or something else. :blush:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I hate all of your midrange buttons, Chel.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I still haven't got out of the habit of neutral jumping to buffer 360s on Talos

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

bhsman posted:

Edge's BnB that I, and I see every other Edge do is cr.l, cr.l, st.m, st.h, gathering storm. It's easy to land. You can mix it up by ending the combo with st.relentless pursuit and juggling with gathering storm after the wall bounce instead.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

teagone posted:

Edge's BnB that I, and I see every other Edge do is cr.l, cr.l, st.m, st.h, gathering storm. It's easy to land. You can mix it up by ending the combo with st.relentless pursuit and juggling with gathering storm after the wall bounce instead.

Yeah I was messing around with him and Gamma (special 3?) wallbounce into Super is :stonklol: Man I really wish they would allow for stick functionality, using a keyboard or gamepad for this is the most odd feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

bhsman posted:

Yeah I was messing around with him and Gamma (special 3?) wallbounce into Super is :stonklol: Man I really wish they would allow for stick functionality, using a keyboard or gamepad for this is the most odd feeling.

if you have a controller or stick you can use joytokey and it works pretty fine since you don't have to worry about rolls

• Locked thread