Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is your 7th-round pick?
Pro Bowler
Future Hall of Famer
Gets the key to every city in America
Future President of the Universe
View Results

• Locked thread
Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

NC-17 posted:

If the Dolphins go 9-7 does Philbin stay?

If they make the playoffs does he quit to go out on a high note?

WR Stefon Diggs (drafted 5.146 from Maryland) is impressing everyone at Vikings training camp. He's listed as third string WR2 right now, but may very well move up by the end of camp. He's also been doing punt and kick return drills, so he may end up bumping Minnesota native Marcus Sherels from the team :smith:

Trae Waynes has looked good against go-routes with Wallace and Patterson. He's still behind Terrance Newman and Captain Munnerlyn on the initial depth chart.

Matt Kalil is getting special one-on-one coaching, and they are try absolutely everyone else on the OL at LT to see who will eventually replace him when he does terribly during the actual season.

Mike Zimmer wasn't at camp yesterday (the team is off today) because he was in Naples, FL to visit his father who is apparently in poor health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

What if Philbin makes the playoffs, but gives Andy Dalton his first playoff win?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NC-17 posted:

What responsibilities does he have left though?

Same responsibilities he's always had. He's always just been HC.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
^^ Didn't he use to call plays?

Ehud posted:

I disagree about camp reports to some degree. No, it isn't real football, but in comparing reports about Tannehill this year to previous years, it's a world of difference. I wouldn't put a lot of stock into it except for the fact that he's Gotten Better Ever Year™ and seeing such positive reports leads me to believe he is still improving.

Oh sweet ehud.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NC-17 posted:

^^ Didn't he use to call plays?

nuh uh

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NC-17 posted:

Oh sweet ehud.

it is our blind optimism in the face of reason that has sustained us as a people for 50 years

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Ehud posted:

the myhammy dolphins training camp bullet points:

- 2014 7th rounder from Marist Terrence Fede is going to be a beast on special teams and could get more time as a rotational DE this year. He is cooler and better than Dion Jordan.
- I haven't heard as much about Jordan Cameron as I was hoping.

Had to google Terrence Fede and then I was like oh yeah that guy.

Cameron has had like a million horrible concussions and the bar you should set for him is somewhere around "did he tie his shoes correctly this morning". until you're in the red zone because he's going to score like a half-dozen touchdowns in the ten or so games he actually plays

You left out "Jay Ajayi can't pass block for poo poo and is probably going to be inactive all year"

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Ehud posted:

He has one more year in the form of a fake 1 year extension that Ross gave him

I disagree about camp reports to some degree. No, it isn't real football, but in comparing reports about Tannehill this year to previous years, it's a world of difference. I wouldn't put a lot of stock into it except for the fact that he's Gotten Better Ever Year™ and seeing such positive reports leads me to believe he is still improving.

I don't begrudge you your hope Ehud. You're a nice guy and I hope the dolphins do well, I'm just saying that every year Josh Freeman was killing it in camp and then the season came... Still Tannehill has been consistently improving with relatively stable coaching, unlike Freeman so its not out of the question that this is the year he'll make the leap to the next level.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Kalli posted:

What if Philbin makes the playoffs, but gives Andy Dalton his first playoff win?
The Bengals never beat the Dolphins. Ever.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

A Pale Horse posted:

I don't begrudge you your hope Ehud. You're a nice guy and I hope the dolphins do well, I'm just saying that every year Josh Freeman was killing it in camp and then the season came... Still Tannehill has been consistently improving with relatively stable coaching, unlike Freeman so its not out of the question that this is the year he'll make the leap to the next level.

i agree w/ you that ryan tannehill is the future of quarterbacking in the nfl

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Forever_Peace posted:

You left out "Jay Ajayi can't pass block for poo poo and is probably going to be inactive all year"

:smith:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

Matt Kalil is getting special one-on-one coaching, and they are try absolutely everyone else on the OL at LT to see who will eventually replace him when he does terribly during the actual season.

We have this....conditional seventh round draft pick :fishmech:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

If they make the playoffs does he quit to go out on a high note?

WR Stefon Diggs (drafted 5.146 from Maryland) is impressing everyone at Vikings training camp. He's listed as third string WR2 right now, but may very well move up by the end of camp. He's also been doing punt and kick return drills, so he may end up bumping Minnesota native Marcus Sherels from the team :smith:

Trae Waynes has looked good against go-routes with Wallace and Patterson. He's still behind Terrance Newman and Captain Munnerlyn on the initial depth chart.

Mike Zimmer wasn't at camp yesterday (the team is off today) because he was in Naples, FL to visit his father who is apparently in poor health.

All the Vikings rookies were lower on the depth chart than anyone expects them to be by Week 1 aside from Trae Waynes and honestly, he'd probably been third if Josh Robinson was healthy. Apparently Zimmer doesn't like to anoint rookies high spots early in training camp, (though ast year Barr was slotted at OLB basically from day 1). I think the only real surprise was seeing Patterson above Wright. There's been a lot of cautious reports on his training camp but Wright is still the one on the field in 3 WR sets.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Eric Berry caught an INT in camp today, everyone cheered

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Angelo Blackson has been impressing folks with his first step so maybe drafting him wasn't such a dumb thing

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Just give him the start, why the gently caress not?

Mike Rodak @mikerodak
Tyrod Taylor doing Tyrod things: scrambles, avoids what might've been a sack and heaves a TD pass to Marquise Goodwin.

Matthew Fairburn @MatthewFairburn
Tyrod Taylor hits Marquise Goodwin in stride for a 65-yard TD. Decent day for Taylor overall.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

:unsmith:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Burger Trench posted:

Mike Rodak @mikerodak
Tyrod Taylor doing Tyrod things: scrambles, avoids what might've been a sack and heaves a TD pass to Marquise Goodwin.

Tyrod Taylor hits Marquise Goodwin in stride for a 65-yard TD. Decent day for Taylor overall.

This is extremely my poo poo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Burger Trench posted:

Mike Rodak @mikerodak

this is how I feel about Connor Shaw.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Pron on VHS posted:

Lol Alex Smith got picked off by a cancer patient

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

lol ross

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ehud posted:

this is how I feel about Connor Shaw.
same

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ross Angeles posted:

drat.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Eric Berry is cool I am just making fun of AlexSmith, settle down KC fans

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ross Angeles posted:

You gotta own that poo poo.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ross Angeles posted:

It was Aaron Murray.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

It was Aaron Murray.
I'll still take him over AJ McCarron goddamnit gently caress AJ McCarron so hard.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Ross Angeles posted:

no one said anything bro

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

God drat, paging Parm Basil to the Training Camp thread.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Don't hate on the future starting QBin preseason of the Cincinnati Bengals.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Redskins Status: Gruden is asking RGIII to be 'basic'.

At least our defense looks like they're having fun.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

cuz he basic.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Titans ran a play with klug at fullback (a defensive lineman) and Fowler at halfback :getin:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Chilichimp posted:

God drat, paging Parm Basil to the Training Camp thread.

Too happy over Berry to be snarky :unsmith:

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
DJ Hayden has been practicing with the 2nd team during Raiders camp. Surely this means that the 4th and 7th rounders playing above him are just really good, right?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

cuz he basic.

Basic bitch maybe sorry about the misogyny

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Ehud posted:

- The right side of our offensive line is getting absolutely destroyed by Suh and Wake.

- The only person who even comes close to holding their own against Suh in drills is Pouncey.

Week 1 against Washington is going to be hilarious. Rookie RT and 2nd year player RG in his first year of starting against Wake and Suh. Washington better just run the ball all day long if they expect RG3 to survive.

At least they get some practice against Watt in scrimmages

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well every great quarterback has the basics down pat so that it's instinctual, right? While RG3 never bothered with that until now when it's obvious he's going to be murdered on the field and be out of the NFL after this year if he can't do basic drops and reads. In theory, he plays with better basics and knows when to identify the big play and take and hey you've got a pretty alright quarterback. But this is Washington so what will happen is he'll look promising for 3/4 of game 1 before his leg is snapped by Suh and Colt McCoy becomes their #1 QB again

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Burger Trench posted:

Mike Rodak @mikerodak

I don't even care about the bills but Tyrod Time sounds like my kinda poo poo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Berry is going to get a 5 minute ovation if he gets a pick at Arrowhead this year. drat that's going to be a goosebump moment.

• Locked thread