Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Does anyone here have the ccm rbz's? If so how do you like them. I saw a pair of the 100s on hockeymonkey for 200 and was interested in them. Going tomorrow to the local pro shop to see what size I am in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Do the rbz come in magnum size?

I literally can't think of anything but condoms when I see those products.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Does anyone here have the ccm rbz's? If so how do you like them. I saw a pair of the 100s on hockeymonkey for 200 and was interested in them. Going tomorrow to the local pro shop to see what size I am in them.

I just got some on super sale over Memorial Day weekend. I got the 70's. So far they are great but not a lot can go wrong in just over 2 months for a twice a week skater. I had been a lifelong Bauer guy before these skates but the Bauer skates that I tried on, even in size EE were still a little snug feeling. The RBZ's and the Tacks fit really well and I found the RBZ's on sale so I went for it. I tried on a pair of the like $700 Tacks, maybe the 6052 or the next one up, and they felt ridiculously good. If only I had that kind of money to spend on skates.

I am wearing the same size in the RBZ as my previous pair of Bauers, 9.5 regular width, and I had a little bit of an adjustment period but they started feeling normal after probably the second skate. My only concern is that every one of my friends that wear CCMs rip through the eyelets of the skates while tying them very, very, regularly and I'm counting down to the first time it happens to me.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

I really like my rbz 75's. Switched from rbk's and found the ccm's run a little longer than reebook so when I bought an 11.5, I should have gotten a 10.5-11.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Anyone ever do the mystery pack hockey sticks on hockey monkey? Looks like they have some RH sticks in stock and was thinking about getting a couple just to have on hand.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

drizzle posted:

Anyone ever do the mystery pack hockey sticks on hockey monkey? Looks like they have some RH sticks in stock and was thinking about getting a couple just to have on hand.

Come to think of it this might be a good way to get cheap weird sticks in LA so I can stop borrowing clubs out of sellouts's golf bag.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Pleads posted:

Come to think of it this might be a good way to get cheap weird sticks in LA so I can stop borrowing clubs out of sellouts's golf bag.

Everyone should just buy a Zetterberg/Modano/Hamrlik curve and be done with it. P90, I think? It's a solid curve that doesn't have any wacky twist and a relatively medium lie. I got a mystery Graf the other day and it's like the toe is trying to fold over on the bottom of the blade and it's only good for wrist shots up close. Never again. Tho the Datsyuk is pretty solid too.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Pleads posted:

shut up you used a zetterberg thats pretty normal

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Another super hot/humid pick up. I can feel my chest fluttering all through it and at the end, I can't even move to stop a shot.

Playing goalie means too much stuff to wear

Wooty fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Aug 5, 2015

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Knee was feeling OK when I did my lunge and squat workout with reduced weights. I'm coming off a shoulder injury and bicep as well so going to ease myself back into my regular routine over a month and a bit. I decided to give stick and puck a go today for an hour and 15 minutes. Ate some pasta before and was on the ice the whole time and my knee felt fine.

Still have a doctor's appointment and will get it properly checked out but holy poo poo am I glad it seems to be OK.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

2nd game of the week last night with the oddest ref situation I've ever seen. The ref was the most Canadian ever, but even so his behavior seemed... over the top. Any time there was contact of almost any kind and the play was whistled dead, he'd go to each player involved and ask if they were ok. The first time it happened it was when one of our centers crushed a guy into the boards so it seemed relatively appropriate as dude on the other team did take a second to get back on his feet. After that, I got bumped around in the corners digging a puck out and after I got it out of the zone, the ref skated up. "Hey there buddy. You ok? Seemed like quite a scrum." I shrugged him off out of confusion and followed the play but that's when I noticed what was happening.

Recently our the quality of our referees has gone waaaay up, so I'm not sure if this is how refs who give a gently caress about their job act or if this guy was genuinely over-concerned for everyone's safety.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

delpheye posted:

I'm the one with the white skates and tinted visor though. My team has a goal to find the douchiest gear on the planet for me to play in because we've noticed people will chirp at me enough they get left behind on the play.

You also need...

White gloves
Jersey sleeves cut at 3/4 length
Long dangling belt (preferably skate lace)

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Also, never stop doing this:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Don't forget your number 99 jersey with your own last night on the back.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Vargatron posted:

Don't forget your number 99 jersey with your own last night on the back.

It's gotta be a pro team jersey. Or maybe even a Euro team's jersey.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I missed the memo on white gloves=doucheball. :(

In my defense I'm new as hell and they were on clearance for like 40 bucks.

:negative:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Hockles posted:

Also, never stop doing this:

Proper response:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfQghQ6_1Qg

:rip: Franzen :rip:

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
gently caress the haters on white, that poo poo is pimp.

I want one white and one black glove.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Duke Chin posted:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I missed the memo on white gloves=doucheball. :(

In my defense I'm new as hell and they were on clearance for like 40 bucks.

:negative:

whoa number 4 ease off their Orr fanboy

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

doctor 7 posted:

whoa number 4 ease off their Orr fanboy

lol like I had a say in the number - 2-5 were the mediums, 6-11 were the larges and 12-16 were the sausage casings. I got there late and it was the only medium left.

Although tangentially related I DO unintentionally do this a lot

...minus the goal-scoring and celebrating.

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 6, 2015

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Our league has an insane playoff system where you get two points for each period that you win and four points for winning the game. Points would probably determine seeding into a bracket tournament but it actually just determines seeding into one game (so basically there's two teams playing a championship game and then everyone else plays one last game for funsies). It's kind of neat in that the last minute of every period gets played like its the end of a game. We won our game but lost one period and tied one period so we walk away with 7 points and the other team gets 3. Never heard of anything like this.

Southpaw
Mar 9, 2006
My team won our playoff game last night. Bonus hockey next week for the (bronze) championship. :toot:

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Duke Chin posted:

lol like I had a say in the number - 2-5 were the mediums, 6-11 were the larges and 12-16 were the sausage casings. I got there late and it was the only medium left.

Although tangentially related I DO unintentionally do this a lot

...minus the goal-scoring and celebrating.

I'm more this kind of gently caress up myself

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

doctor 7 posted:

I'm more this kind of gently caress up myself

hah I had one of those last game - made a hard left turn in the corner facing the boards and had a facefull of ref fast approaching. Tried to stop, lost my edges like that dude and went careening back-first into the boards.

Refs :argh:

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Please tell me that guy was a pure goon to justify that skating and puck handling.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The rest of the video was even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDbEX666G3Y

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
My god... It's beautiful. :swoon:

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

My stick handling is pretty bad though. I'm only just starting to get the hang of loosing up on the hands and it's definitely improving my handling. I'm even getting used to having my head up over 50% of the time!

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

delpheye posted:

My team has a goal to find the douchiest gear on the planet for me to play in because we've noticed people will chirp at me enough they get left behind on the play.

Found some camo shells to go with my pink laces and the trackpants I wear instead of socks. I can't decide if this thing will shatter the first time I take a high stick to the eyeballs though. It's a wonderful time to be alive.

You also need a GoPro mounted on top of your helmet. If the league says no, then just paint the mount itself so people can see it.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Wow, I missed a doozy last night

league drama

If I'm reading the email from my team's captain correctly, apparently we were forced a forfeit because we had an unrostered guy in summer league and our captain is pissed because other teams in our division have guys from div 1-3 and a player who was in juniors or something.

for the record we're division 5 'beginners' league

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 6, 2015

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Krime posted:

You also need...

White gloves
Jersey sleeves cut at 3/4 length
Long dangling belt (preferably skate lace)

I just got a ridiculous deal on some baby blue Victory Honda easton 4rolls otherwise I'd rock some white Mako's in a heartbeat, but sleeves are always pushed up and an old skate lace keeps my pants up. I wear adidas track pants instead of socks, a tinted visor, and I'm constantly chirping everyone that comes into the offensive zone(I play D).

Wearing 99, 9, 7, 77, 66, or 68 is too far even for me, but the team coordinator regularly threatens to get 69 on the new jerseys we just ordered last week.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

delpheye posted:

I just got a ridiculous deal on some baby blue Victory Honda easton 4rolls otherwise I'd rock some white Mako's in a heartbeat, but sleeves are always pushed up and an old skate lace keeps my pants up. I wear adidas track pants instead of socks, a tinted visor, and I'm constantly chirping everyone that comes into the offensive zone(I play D).

Wearing 99, 9, 7, 77, 66, or 68 is too far even for me, but the team coordinator regularly threatens to get 69 on the new jerseys we just ordered last week.

What color is your stick tape?

You can go pink, neon green, or Stars and Stripes!

Oh and use United States Postal Service Tape as sock tape.

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

Krime posted:

What color is your stick tape?

You can go pink, neon green, or Stars and Stripes!

Oh and use United States Postal Service Tape as sock tape.

I feel like some of these suggestions (not just yours, upthread as well) are a little more ghetto than douche. I tend to associate douchiness with spending too much money to get things Just Right, not using found objects from the street to keep their clothes on.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Pinky Artichoke posted:

I feel like some of these suggestions (not just yours, upthread as well) are a little more ghetto than douche. I tend to associate douchiness with spending too much money to get things Just Right, not using found objects from the street to keep their clothes on.

Nah, there's definitely something to using USPS tape for shins. It's what we used in HS when we wore pajama bottoms instead of socks. Stick tape is pink, laces are lime green. When I first taped my stick pink someone on another team asked if I let my mom tape my stick. "No, my daughter picked it out." and the dude got a serious look on his face, "Oh sorry man. That's cool. I know how it goes." Works out fine because my daughter is the one that picked the tape out in the first place but I agreed for reasons other than "pink is pretty."

Nitramster posted:

Please tell me that guy was a pure goon to justify that skating and puck handling.

That was Shawn Chambers, wasn't it? Not exectly a points generator

delpheye fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 6, 2015

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Pinky Artichoke posted:

Well, his goal was to get others so focused on him that they lose focus of the game. I've seen all of these out there in the wild. Just trying to get them all into one package (for fun)

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
You guys spend a lot of time worrying about what other hockey people are wearing

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

bewbies posted:

You guys spend a lot of time worrying about what other hockey people are wearing

If you can't get reasonably spun up when some dickhole gets on the ice with 99 on his back then you don't really care about the integrity of hockey, ok?

Also, you're missing the point. It's fun to look like a douche when there's at least 2-3 guys on the other team that will focus on someone for their choices during a game of hockey barbie dressup.

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.
The one that perplexes me is the track pants or pajamas instead of socks, just because I've never seen anyone do it and I can't imagine how the extra bulk in the crotch area improves life. I think a guy came to pickup once in sweatpants but it was his first day.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Plus hockey socks are $10 and last for ages so they're cheaper than sweat pants or anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

delpheye posted:

Loved that lockout shortened year when Backstrom played in the KHL and wore both 99 and 69.