Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Lima posted:

There's a double xp/gp event this weekend and they just cut all attachment prices in half, permanently (IR/ammocount scopes excluded).

Ah, neat! Ok, then. It seems that the HUD Tweaker for Blacklight doesn't work with Arc and it doesn't seem to work with the new patch? Has anyone else had issues with it? Or should I just go back to the Steam version? The goodies with the codes through Ark have expired anyhow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Lima posted:

There's a double xp/gp event this weekend and they just cut all attachment prices in half, permanently (IR/ammocount scopes excluded).

Ammocount scopes?

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Ammocount scopes?

Yeah, there's a red dot sight and a 3x(?) with three digit ammo counters next to them. They're possibly useful if you want to turn off the HUD or if HSL introduce a CoD-esque hardcore mode.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

^^^ EFB ^^^

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Ammocount scopes?
There are a few new scopes that have an ammo count display on the side.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

SlayVus posted:

Use CTS since the PS2 mumble is down.

Well the PS2 mumble seems up now but no one is on so I hoped over to CTS and don't see a BLR channel. Am I doing it wrong?

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Well the PS2 mumble seems up now but no one is on so I hoped over to CTS and don't see a BLR channel. Am I doing it wrong?

Go back to the PS2 mumble. It start to fill as soon as I get back from some errands. :getin:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Hardsuit Labs weekend 48-hour stream is live.

http://www.twitch.tv/hardsuitlabs

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
THE GREAT GOON REVIVAL

We've had a good time gun barbie-ing so far. I'll be happy when they patch back in chat and squads and whatever else. New thread title idea: "Blacklight: Retribution - The Parity Patch, I recoil at the thought of it!"

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

Geschwafel posted:

THE GREAT GOON REVIVAL

We've had a good time gun barbie-ing so far. I'll be happy when they patch back in chat and squads and whatever else. New thread title idea: "Blacklight: Retribution - The Parity Patch, I recoil at the thought of it!"

It has to be done. Was glad to see so many others on midday on a Saturday. I should be on later too.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

ugh why did my graphics card have to fart itself to death.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

[/timg]

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

God drat they still haven't fixed that animation glitch :wtc:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Game seems to be mostly running ok but I'm experiencing hitching every so often. Any idea what could be the cause? It didn't do this before...

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Frag Mk. 1 - Blue Explosion Mod (Grenade, 7 days)
Nor'Easter (Ice Pick melee weapon, 7 days)
Powder Puff (Armor Camo, Permanent)
Gift of Gab (Title, Permanent)
White Knight (Hero Skin, Permanent)
BLR SnowFlake (Weapon Tag, Permanent)

PC code: IGSR-JLGR-INRG-GIYA
PS4 code: MGIC-HMPT-IPVW-GDXN

Edit: if you care, remember you can redeem it in multiple regions.

gibbed fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 9, 2015

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

gibbed posted:

Frag Mk. 1 - Blue Explosion Mod (7 days)
Nor'Easter (7 days)
Powder Puff (Permanent)
Gift of Gab (Permanent)
White Knight (Permanent)
BLR SnowFlake (Permanent)

PC code: IGSR-JLGR-INRG-GIYA
PS4 code: MGIC-HMPT-IPVW-GDXN

Edit: if you care, remember you can redeem it in multiple regions.

Code appears to be invalid for PC.

Edit: Works in game under Settings > Redeem code. No idea why it doesn't work on their website.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 9, 2015

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Does Blacklight suck up an ungodly amount of memory on anyone else's computers? That might explain the hitching and freezing and crashing I'm experiencing fairly often.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Artificer posted:

Does Blacklight suck up an ungodly amount of memory on anyone else's computers? That might explain the hitching and freezing and crashing I'm experiencing fairly often.

Same here, it's even worse than pre-parity patch. I can't even finish 1 match before it crashes.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Ive seen it use up to 2.5GB of RAM on my 8GB system. Ive also seen it drop to 700MB after leaving a match.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Specto posted:

Same here, it's even worse than pre-parity patch. I can't even finish 1 match before it crashes.

Man. Sucks for the both of us, huh? Yeah the drat thing is sucking up 2 gigs+ after one single match. :(

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Well I reinstalled. Could use a clan invite on "treesareop". No loving clue what I'm doing with items or builds but I shoot people and thats enjoyable.
I'm really mad that I can't perfectly match my mouse sensitivity to what I use in every other game, damnit mouse-sensitivity.com

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Horizontal Tree posted:

Well I reinstalled. Could use a clan invite on "treesareop". No loving clue what I'm doing with items or builds but I shoot people and thats enjoyable.
I'm really mad that I can't perfectly match my mouse sensitivity to what I use in every other game, damnit mouse-sensitivity.com

Good thing you can't ram a reaver into a tree in this game, eh?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Horizontal Tree posted:

All guns are good at the moment, as long as they can shoot bullets reasonbly fast - I wouldn't use the TAR or LMG-R but the rest are fine even with default parts :v:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Horizontal Tree posted:

Sent you a friend request. Same name on the forum as in game. I'll drop you a clan invite once you accept. There has been some trouble with not being able to accept clan invites but they are supposed to patch it "soon". FIX YOUR GAME :dice:

Edit: If the Rhino you call in falls on one of those new fast hardsuits the Rhino wins and you lose.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 9, 2015

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Paging more goons to magical rainbow wonderland :peanut:

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
after you develop bullet/grenade/railgun-induced drowsiness, your character starts falling asleep. after a short while, you can press spacebar to immediately fall asleep, or you can wait for someone to throw you a caffeine pill. you will fall asleep after a longer period anyway and basically no-one uses revive packs, so most players fall asleep as soon as they can to wake up sooner. if someone does throw you a caffeine pill, you can use it immediately, even if you've not gotten the normal "go to sleep" button available. just press the strafe key in the direction of the caffeine pill notification and press jump. you'll wake up immediately on the spot you got drowsy, with a bit of a delay while you stand up.

now most players don't use the revive pack because people tend to get drowsy near bullets, and the people who just got done singing lullabies with their Kalashnikovs tend to not like people waking up the person they've just finished getting drowsy. so they sing at the person while they're standing up, the revivee gets drowsy again, and can drop a KC tag. again. it also goes without saying that if your head has been removed, you don't have a mouth to eat the caffeine pill anyway.

the only modes you should bring a revive pack in are Last Team Snuggling and Last Person Awake, with exceptions for position-based game modes like DOM and CTF.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 9, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Domino & Alf's stream has been awesome.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Played a bunch today. 10/10 would get shat on by Cirena, Maddot, and SwitchbladeKult everyday...

:negative:

Still really fun though!

Edit: What stream? Link?

Edit: Do stun shurikens slow down hardsuits at all?

Artificer fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 9, 2015

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Artificer posted:

Edit: What stream? Link?

http://www.twitch.tv/hardsuitlabs

They've been streaming the entire weekend. Pretty awesome guys. It's really cool to see them get real involved.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

New thread title, provided by SlayVus: "oh god it can go down stairs"

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Is Incendiary ammo still awful on everything except the BAR? 70% of normal damage upfront and 40% damage over time right?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"rekt in peace"

Edit: BFSMG is amazing with the Vulcan Power Break muzzle. Throw in the 2x or 3x IRV scope for silly quad headshots with a single trigger pull.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 10, 2015

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I think for the BAR and CR, incendiary ammo might be a good idea, especially to farm tears.

The benefits of the 200 dmg incendiary BAR are already known. But consider the 84 damage CR. 3 bodyshot kill already. 2 headshots kill. 1 headshot + 1 bodyshot kill on most builds, but not guaranteed since helmet armor can defend against headshots to some degree, necessitating a 3rd follow up shot to kill.

With an 84 damage incendiary CR, though. 3 bodyshots will guarantee a kill on anyone who doesn't immediately have a heal injector in their hands with near max health builds or a nearby team-mate who is extremely on the ball with the injector. 2 headshots will still kill, 1 headshot + 1 bodyshot will also kill most other builds. So things don't change much except if you miss a follow up shot, then the fire might just be able to finish the guy off. Sure he could survive if he was near a depot or again, if he or someone nearby is on the ball with the injector, but other than that it might be a useful way of adding a little bit of extra kill potential to your CR.

Plus fire gets people really angry, last I checked, so that might be worth it too.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I had some fun without all the other goons, except one guy.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Artificer posted:

Plus fire gets people really angry, last I checked, so that might be worth it too.

Toxic ammo also seems to anger people greatly, probably because it prevents them from healing fully. I use lots of Toxic ammo, plus the Toxic grenade, and I've had people cursing me in multiple rounds for doing so.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Goredema posted:

Toxic ammo also seems to anger people greatly, probably because it prevents them from healing fully. I use lots of Toxic ammo, plus the Toxic grenade, and I've had people cursing me in multiple rounds for doing so.

What are the stats on Toxic ammo? And the stats on Incendiaries? I think the OP is almost certainly out of date regarding ammo so I'm not sure anymore. If the damage penalty isn't too bad on Toxic ammo then I might buy that on my CR too just to gently caress with people that I couldn't finish off.

I like the Toxic grenade too. Is there no way to heal back up from the Toxic max health debuff, other than dying?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Artificer posted:

What are the stats on Toxic ammo? And the stats on Incendiaries? I think the OP is almost certainly out of date regarding ammo so I'm not sure anymore. If the damage penalty isn't too bad on Toxic ammo then I might buy that on my CR too just to gently caress with people that I couldn't finish off.

I like the Toxic grenade too. Is there no way to heal back up from the Toxic max health debuff, other than dying?
It eventually wears off, but it lasts longer than your average lifetime. You can completely negate the max health debuff it by wearing a toxic patch. With parity, incendiary and toxic basically switched places so that toxic is now the OP one that everyone complains about. It's totally worth using on pretty much everything right now, especially for the rage it generates.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

gibbed posted:

It eventually wears off, but it lasts longer than your average lifetime. You can completely negate the max health debuff it by wearing a toxic patch. With parity, incendiary and toxic basically switched places so that toxic is now the OP one that everyone complains about. It's totally worth using on pretty much everything right now, especially for the rage it generates.

What's the damage penalty and the DOT percentage on the two ammo types?

Edit:I could have sworn that I owned the railgun before the patch hit....But I need to buy it again? Hmm. I don't recall. Has anyone else lost access to equipment they owned before?

Artificer fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Aug 10, 2015

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Artificer posted:

What's the damage penalty and the DOT percentage on the two ammo types?
I actually don't know, I've never paid attention to how it affects the gun because I'll be using it regardless.

Artificer posted:

Edit:I could have sworn that I owned the railgun before the patch hit....But I need to buy it again? Hmm. I don't recall. Has anyone else lost access to equipment they owned before?
Send in a ticket to support via http://www.hardsuitlabs.com/support/ and if you did own it before, they can fix it for you.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

gibbed posted:

I actually don't know, I've never paid attention to how it affects the gun because I'll be using it regardless.
Send in a ticket to support via http://www.hardsuitlabs.com/support/ and if you did own it before, they can fix it for you.

I'm only willing to use it on the CR since....

Hang on. I've been getting 3 bodyshot kills on the bots in practice mode with the CR. They have 232 health. My CR has 84 damage. So at the very least incendiary ammo does 92%~ original damage up front + incendiary component afterwards. Wow what the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

200 dmg incendiary BAR does not generate the rage it used to. Time to perm the toxic ammo! :getin:

New hardsuit is also fun. Still 5k gp shy of purchasing it though. Been stealing them from enemies with the flame thrower.

Oh, hardsuit pistols are crazy easy to kill with incendiary ammo from the breach loaded pistol. It's impossible with the BAR. Haven't tried using incendiary to kill pilots with SMG or AR / variants.

• Locked thread