Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Points in trade and sell off the sticks for massive profit

All's fair in Dragon Pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindalos
May 1, 2008
Put more magic into Mysteries. That way we'll need less cows/goods to get a decent reaction from the gods.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'd consider putting points in Quests and going on a Heroquest this year

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ro5s posted:

Do we actually know any heroquests? If we do we should kill someone try one. Otherwise, put another point in mysteries and try to learn one.

We started with Orlanth and Aroka, and an event gave us Humakt the Champion. Not sure if we've gotten any from sacrifices.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

cheetah7071 posted:

We started with Orlanth and Aroka, and an event gave us Humakt the Champion. Not sure if we've gotten any from sacrifices.

In that case, I'd say 2 points in Quests and try for Orlanth's quest this year.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I'd really prefer waiting one more year, and having more magic in the tank.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Yeah, we aren't ready for a Quest yet.

Point in war so we can raid some cattle. We need to rebuild our herd bad.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

go a questing

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
trade route trade trade trade

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Slaan posted:

Yeah, we aren't ready for a Quest yet.

Point in war so we can raid some cattle. We need to rebuild our herd bad.

Agreed on all counts.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
Let's wait another year to heroquest, and try to build our magic stock a bit before then. Luckily our Spirit Fetches will help with that!

I'd like to see us try to set up a trade route with someone. Keep them silver rings rolling in. I don't know whether it's Diplomacy or Trade magic that helps with that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mechanical Ape posted:

Let's wait another year to heroquest, and try to build our magic stock a bit before then. Luckily our Spirit Fetches will help with that!

I'd like to see us try to set up a trade route with someone. Keep them silver rings rolling in. I don't know whether it's Diplomacy or Trade magic that helps with that.

I believe everything on the "relations" screen is affected by diplomacy and everything on the "trade" screen is affected by trade.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Every let's play of King of Dragon Pass is magical. :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Australi has spoken and you all offered good suggestions, but they were mainly

quote:

- Boring crap we don't care about
- Pissweak ideas about saving for the future
- Safe options that are for skirt wearing babies

I've got a better plan!

A cunning plan that cannot fail

Are you ready Clan Australi?

I saiddddd are you ready Clan Australi?

:ducksiren: ARE YOU READY FOR A loving MIRACLE?! :ducksiren:

Yeah sure, I've got access to the lore pages alright. Oh I could 100% have the notes open on my second monitor and cheat.
But there's been far too much competency going on lately.

I promised you all a blind LP..
So hold onto your goddamn butts, buttholders!
Get ready to facepalm!
Cross those loving fingers!

Because it's time for a completely blind Heroquest! and I have absolutely no bloody idea what I'm doing! :parrot:

We will be attempting Orlanth and Aroka

I've called on the Rangdani Clan for their aide, as they are in an alliance with us.

Yeah we're totally going for treasure :gifttank:

Ohh Hints! Probably gonna need to save those for later...

We promised our dear wife we would speak to our our Nephew, Daga, and then totally murder him.

Nephew, we would have words with ye!

He might be an evil Dust Skeleton, but he's still kin.. probably best not to murder him.

What would Brian Boitano do if he were here today?

I'm sure he'd kick an arse or two! That's what Brian Boitano'd do! :getin:

OK, so the event image has 3 enemies. Logic dictates that one of these hideous affronts to god has to be the Dark Woman...
Oh well beggars in can't be choosers!

Totally Not-Zeus knockin' up the ladies again I see! :allears:

Ah shitsnacks. Our hints are gone, I could really use one right about now.. Well 2 heads are better than 1, I hope..

:slick:

Holy poo poo is that our boy Urox?! :swoon:

Is that a bloody Giant Octopus?! :syoon:

The Hydra of myth and legend?! :magical:

The Beast from the Blue-loving-Lagoon?! :psyduck:

Goddamn MAN-BEAR-PIG? :psyboom:

This game is a work of art!

Oh poo poo.. I.. I.. I WON! :staredog:

:dukedog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming!

Totes gonna build some shrines later this year. Need some goods first!

Our magic will suffer if we let them lob dirt at our temple. But we weakened the Elmali magic by doing the same to them. (3)

Elmal must always be subordinate to Orlanth, or so our laws say. The Stag Hearth laws are different, however.

It's good to see Elmal getting picked on, instead of Eurmal. (4)

I am ashamed of what our brothers and sister have done. (1)

Elmal must always be subordinate to Orlanth. (4)

A tangible gift shows greater respect than do pretty words. (3)

Our magic will suffer if we let them lob dirt at our temple. (4)

Hey man, did I tell you about that time I did a Heroquest and didn't use a single hint? :smug:

- Allow them to lob dirt clods at your temple.
- Compose a poem of apology.
- Offer them compensation.
- "Elmal must always be subordinate to Orlanth

quote:

:eng101:
Orlanth is the King of Gods, and the god of Storm.
Elmal, the Loyal Thane, is the god of the Sun and Horses.
Heroquest? Goddamn crushed it!

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 9, 2015

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
No lie y'all did good there.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
That Heroquest seems to be fairly easy with regards to picking the right answers at least, still maybe Dread Arengee decided to smile on you since it looks like your Quester didn't fail a single check which is pretty drat rare.

Compose a poem of apology. Poems are the solution to all problems of diplomacy.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot drat you actually did it. Colour me impressed.

Anyway, let's compose a drunken rant poem of apology.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

That was some rockin' Orlanthin'

Compose a poem

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I can't believe you nailed that heroquest blind, that's awesome. Not as awesome actually fighting Daga and slaying him, but still pretty awesome.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Fun fact, each hero quest has a season or two it's most likely to succeed in. See if you can figure them out!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I can't believe you nailed that heroquest blind, that's awesome. Not as awesome actually fighting Daga and slaying him, but still pretty awesome.

I love how that guy came back and all the godtalkers were just like "wait wtf that's not how it goes you idiot :mad:" but it worked anyway

Glorantha is so rad like that. :allears:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Haha, holy poo poo, you managed to navigate a heroquest first try... then followed up by selecting the bag of winds. Well, go ahead and tell these Elmali that they need to be subordinate.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

(I may have put 2 points into Quests at the start of the year, if that has anything to do with winning)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Infinitum posted:

(I may have put 2 points into Quests at the start of the year, if that has anything to do with winning)

It does, but that only takes heroquests from "suicidal" to "usually suicidal".

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Poetry slam condolences

Once Korlmar dies (he's old as balls) I think we're gonna be hard up on good combat nobles especially since Riker died on that away mission. Next heroquest should be spent beefing up a dude imho.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Tip for next time, the first item you inspect will be magical. Should've gone with the Klanth, I remember it being the big winner there.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
The Windslayer liked the Klanth, IIRC, but I also recall some of those were bugged in the GOG version, so I have no idea how these work out in the Steam version.

Joining in on the poetry slam bandwagon though I'm not sure how good we actually are at whatever that is (Bargaining? Customs?)

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
The treasures were fixed for the Android release.

Hints for Godquests were added to the Android release. I have no clue if they were on the iOS release, as I only have the android release. The steam version is a port of the android version, but it's still worth it.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
I'm sorry we threw dirt clods at your shine. I wouldn't like it if you threw some at mine.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Poetry is the solution to all problems.

Neruz posted:

That Heroquest seems to be fairly easy with regards to picking the right answers at least, still maybe Dread Arengee decided to smile on you since it looks like your Quester didn't fail a single check which is pretty drat rare.
It's basically a big ball of combat checks - the really hard part is killing Aroka at the end. I'm curious to see what Varsens' Combat skill is, since it must be fairly high.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wonder what start you need to seduce the dark woman, I see it fail like 30% of the time. Women trying to seduce the dark man seem to fail a lot more.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

RickVoid posted:

Tip for next time, the first item you inspect will be magical. Should've gone with the Klanth, I remember it being the big winner there.

Swords are always the big winner. :hist101:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

I wonder what stat you need to seduce the dark woman, I see it fail like 30% of the time. Women trying to seduce the dark man seem to fail a lot more.

Aussie Accent: Heroic

Haifisch posted:

Poetry is the solution to all problems.

It's basically a big ball of combat checks - the really hard part is killing Aroka at the end. I'm curious to see what Varsens' Combat skill is, since it must be fairly high.

From when we just fought the duel

After the Heroquest.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think every problem involving mud can be solved with more mud.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Write an epic poem.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
That was a fine piece of blind Godlarping back there. :black101:

Those Elmali guys seem pretty pissed at us. Let's cool their hot tempers with a fresh island song poem.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Infinitum posted:

It's good to see Elmal getting picked on, instead of Eurmal. (4)

I made this for the first Haifisch KODP LP, and it might be useful in this thread too.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Do we have any of the Glorantha lore heavyweights in this thread? It'd be nice to have effortposts about the harder to understand aspects of the setting, like heroquests, and I only consider myself barely qualified to do them (though I will if there's nobody actually qualified).

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Infinitum posted:

After the Heroquest.

Oh good, the last set of stats on our nobles I saw way back only had Korlmar and Riker at excellent combat. It's nice to know our chief is a good combat backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

cheetah7071 posted:

Do we have any of the Glorantha lore heavyweights in this thread? It'd be nice to have effortposts about the harder to understand aspects of the setting, like heroquests, and I only consider myself barely qualified to do them (though I will if there's nobody actually qualified).

Well, what would you want to know about them? Since talking about just "heroquests" in general will lead us nowhere. Either that or the thread will end up looking like Arcane Lore, one of the more esoteric Stafford Library books (and that's saying something).

Also, great job on the Heroquest there!

As for these Elmali assholes - Offer them compensation. No way are we letting these guys lob dirt at our temple!

• Locked thread