Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Seraph84 posted:

Correct, if the game fails. But if Star Citizen comes out awesome, I have a Destroyer and you ain't got poo poo.

Whose alt is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW

Eonwe posted:

Sc druggie and seraph84 oh boy
I'm in great pain you know. Every moment of my banishment from RSI is more needless suffering. Where is your empathy? Won't you save me?

Eonwe posted:

Whose alt is this
Your mother's.

Refind Chaos
Sep 16, 2007

King of 'tisms mountain
Just a reminder, this is still the worst thread, with the worst posters, on all of the SA forums. Not beer's fault, but man this whole loving thread is a train wreck of awfulness.

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW

Refind Chaos posted:

Just a reminder, this is still the worst thread, with the worst posters, on all of the SA forums. Not beer's fault, but man this whole loving thread is a train wreck of awfulness.
This is the best thread on SA, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Seraph84 posted:

This is the best thread on SA, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You like star citizen

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
eonwe how is your day going i miss you

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm doing good, friend

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
good

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lmao nice av ohsh

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW

Eonwe posted:

You like star citizen
No poo poo. You know, at this point the only reason your avatar has been spared is because of your endorsement of Sanders.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seraph84 posted:

No poo poo. You know, at this point the only reason your avatar has been spared is because of your endorsement of Sanders.

Jesus loving christ

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW

Friendly Tumour posted:

Jesus loving christ
's myths caused many people to be burned alive throughout history , and a few to be banned from internet communities.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think he's been inserted into SA as a honeypot for badposts.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol please don't buy me an avatar!!!!!!!!! A fate worse than death

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seraph84 posted:

's myths caused many people throughout history to be burned alive, and a few to be banned from internet communities.

You suck dude. You are poo poo and hosed in tje braim

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dont you loving dare change eonwes av. Or anyone elses. You retard baby idiot

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Who would j4g for a guild that has been clowned on so hard in their own thread on their own forum? Making fun of the members is mod sanctioned and open season. Please do not call anyone a j4g because this is not goonswarm this is nothing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Decrepus posted:

Who would j4g for a guild that has been clowned on so hard in their own thread on their own forum? Making fun of the members is mod sanctioned and open season. Please do not call anyone a j4g because this is not goonswarm this is nothing.

:eyepop:

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
One of my Facebook friends who sunk a decent chunk of $$$ into Star Citizen has been posting a bunch of videos of the game and poo poo, basically talking like its been brought back from the brink of disaster.

Are they actually making progress, or is he just deluding himself again?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
its not a game its a tech demo you put dollar bills in until u unlock the next pretty ship 2 look at

also u have 2 use fiat money and not bitcoins

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Popular Human posted:

Are they actually making progress, or is he just deluding himself again?

They bought themselves more time.

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW

Friendly Tumour posted:

You suck dude. You are poo poo and hosed in tje braim
I know, I know hon. *warm internet hug*

Decrepus posted:

LOLQFT there's no game (PU) anyway, but to be fair Goonrathi does have a bunch of quality people in it, they know who they are.

Seraph84 fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 9, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

:lol:

evegoon mad

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Decrepus posted:

To hang out in our jabber where ohsh talks about racing go karts, f-35 chat, me calling skoll a nazi, some french guy who's addicted to bad free to play games, oh and drone chat

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Skoll posted:

evegoon

No.

Also I didn't realize you had been posting about j4g for the last 6 months, sorry if I struck a nerve. Goonspeed!

Bolow posted:

To hang out in our jabber where ohsh talks about racing go karts, f-35 chat, me calling skoll a nazi, some french guy who's addicted to bad free to play games, oh and drone chat

Ok maybe my judgements were hasty.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

No.

Also I didn't realize you had been posting about j4g for the last 6 months, sorry if I struck a nerve. Goonspeed!

I've been poo poo posting about MGS V and Killing Floor for the past six months, actually. Sometimes War Thunder too. You should join me, friend.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
OP is updated. Let me know if I missed anything.

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

OP is updated. Let me know if I missed anything.

Who does the art, it's pretty fricken good.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It literally says Eldragon does the art...

SC_Druggie
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Skoll posted:

It literally says Eldragon does the art...

I bet you can't even...

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
I went to the OP and my wrist got tired halfway through the giant list of ships

who needs that many fake ships in their starship game? Who is paying hundreds of dollars for all these ships?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Popular Human posted:

I went to the OP and my wrist got tired halfway through the giant list of ships

who needs that many fake ships in their starship game? Who is paying hundreds of dollars for all these ships?

people in this thread like SC_Druggie and the other guy whose name I cant even remember

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
This thread reminded me that ohsh is a thing. Hi ohsh.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPhC4lQ6UJM

Derek Smart - "Don't ask me" what's wrong. Can't stop smiling about it. Did not steal Derek Smart's lunch money.

Does not regret the choice to use CryEngine. Used to making his own engine, assumed two years of development just to get to where they are now. Better to take what worked, like the renderer and animation system. Decided early on to modify existing engine instead, happy to have CryTek folks.

More interested in a controller balanced approach instead of a controller agnostic approach. So the advantage of flight for joysticks should counter the advantage of aiming for mice. Considers AC to be just a small part of the PU and doesn't represent everything that will come into play. Increases to weapon size are example. 70% of players use the mouse.

Social module release end of August. FPS end of September. Multi-crew end of October. Acknowledges a complete lack of buffer in terms of schedule. Squadron 42 will not be discussed until CitCon.

Iterations of the persistent universe by the end of the year (leaving planets, etc).

Eye stabilization is already implemented in SC. Differentiation between helmet and FOV is because of helmet mass. Considers it an element of balance. Continues to tweak. Acknowledges that some people will be sick.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SC_Druggie posted:

Who does the art, it's pretty fricken good.

Eldragon. It's literally the first thing I say in the OP.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
who did the art tho

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Seraph84 posted:

Please explain to me in detail why a fine young bitcoin capitalist like yourself endorses Sanders.

Eonwe posted:

who did the art tho

Some egotistical rear end in a top hat with a penchant for self deprecating humor.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I will give Chris one thing, Strike Commander looked pretty fooking amazing... 10 years after it was released, when a home computer was finally built that could run it at anything other than "lol u scrub" settings.

Also: "Strike Commander took years to develop, and in the game's manual, Roberts alludes to it being his own Apocalypse Now, a project plagued by delays and production problems."

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW

Eldragon posted:

Please explain to me in detail why a fine young bitcoin capitalist like yourself endorses Sanders.
For the record, I'm probably about as far to the left of Sanders as Sanders is to Hilary.

I hate capitalism more than I love being wealthy. I hold no illusions about "independence" in the modern world. I hold the following to be self-evident truth. With a reasonably diligent amount of research, any earnest student of history and science will arrive at the same conclusions about industrial capitalism I outline below:

1. Capitalism is a system of resource distribution which actively prevents equilibrium. All systems approach equilibrium unless prevented from doing so by a constantly applied external force. In capitalism, that force is systematic hierarchical violence.

2. Civilization is based on a clearly defined and widely accepted yet often unarticulated hierarchy. Violence done by those higher on the hierarchy to those lower is nearly always invisible, that is, unnoticed. When it is noticed, it is fully rationalized.
Violence done by those lower on the hierarchy to those higher is unthinkable, and when it does occur is regarded with shock, horror, and the fetishization of the victims. Our way of living—industrial civilization—is based on, requires, and would collapse very quickly without persistent and widespread violence.

3. The property of those higher on the hierarchy is more valuable than the lives of those below. It is acceptable for those above to increase the amount of property they control—in everyday language, to make money—by destroying or taking the lives of those below. This is called production.
If those below damage the property of those above, those above may kill or otherwise destroy the lives of those below. This is called justice.

NOTE: The recent backlash against police brutality/murder is a sure sign #3 is beginning to change; this change will be fatal for capitalism

4. Within this culture, economics—not community well-being, not morals, not ethics, not justice, not life itself—drives social decisions. Social decisions are determined primarily (and often exclusively) on the basis of whether these decisions will increase the monetary fortunes of the decision-makers and those they serve.
Stated another way - Social decisions are founded primarily (and often exclusively) on the almost entirely unexamined belief that the decision-makers and those they serve are entitled to magnify their power and/or financial fortunes at the expense of all those beneath them in the hierarchy.

5. Given the premises stated above, anyone who truly despises violence must be opposed to capitalism. As I love reason and loathe violence (and exploitation, poverty, starvation, indignity, drudgery, and suffering) I am therefore opposed to capitalism. This is not a political choice, I am compelled by the evidence to believe as I do. My reason for opposing capitalism is in essence the same as my reason for opposing religion: I loathe human suffering.

I look at history and see a long trend away from violence, ignorance, and superstition arcing slowly toward reason, knowledge, and empathy. Like a 350 old man on life support in the hospital, capitalism is dying. It's dying now because growing empathy is finally killing it. To PREVENT capitalism's death now would represent a monumental historical aberration - a break from this thousands of years long undeniable trend toward a civilization of ruled purely by reason and empathy.

Capitalists tend to believe that individuals gravitate towards being inherently bad. This belief is not only provably false, but willfully ignorant. Human nature is trusting, open, generous, curious, compassionate, and kind. Study Bonobo Chimpanzees for reference. By contrast, most of human culture is myth-rooted, unscientific, deceptive, ignorant, fearful, hateful, and self-and-other-destructive. Why is that? Culture is ancient, it's been around for tens of thousands of years - most of that time dominated by violence - while modern reason is a relative infant at only around 400 years old.

Related reading:
http://www.nytimes.com/1989/03/28/science/researchers-trace-empathy-s-roots-to-infancy.html
http://www.apa.org/monitor/oct05/mirror.aspx
https://www.dnalc.org/view/852-Mirror-Neurons-and-Empathy.html
http://news.emory.edu/stories/2014/03/chimpanzees_and_empathy/campus.html
http://cultureofempathy.com/references/Experts/Frans-de-Waal.htm
http://www.democracyjournal.org/16/6740.php?page=all
http://www.democracyatwork.info/

Seraph84 fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Fil5000 posted:

This thread reminded me that ohsh is a thing. Hi ohsh.

fil u are a garbage bitch some day i will see u irl and then there will be some poo poo 2 take care of > : (

• Locked thread