Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
someone watched clerks and mallrats and said "yeah lets give this guy a crack at a new superman movie"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Movie studios need to stop trying to be serious. They should just make Suicide Squad an Adam West style movie that revels in its idiocy, complete with intentionally bad special effects, silly dialogue, and a lighthearted plot. They could play up the comedy and have the actors really go full-ham and just have a lot of fun with it. Hell, they could even have Adam West appear in some scenes.

Instead we get some kind of.... suicide squad?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Gatekeeper posted:

someone watched clerks and mallrats and said "yeah lets give this guy a crack at a new superman movie"
Hey, look at Peter Jackson's body of work before Lord of the Rings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOUwnNVlgWk

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

bad example because brain dead owns and the lord of the rings movies are garbo

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Gorilla Salad posted:

the man who made 'the frighteners' was obviously allowed to do whatever he wanted. clerks guy ehhhhh

and yeah brain dead owns. lotr own too though sorry forums pal david...

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
saw the new FF movie in a double feature with Ant Man at a drive-in

FF is really boring and bad

it is the bad kind of Bad Movie; do not see it

I did get a laugh out of the flaccid "clobbering time" line usage near the end though I guess

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

how was ant man? the concept seems extremely stupid but stupid things can sometimes make amazing movies like a tarantino

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Gatekeeper posted:

the man who made 'the frighteners' was obviously allowed to do whatever he wanted. clerks guy ehhhhh

and yeah brain dead owns. lotr own too though sorry forums pal david...

its ok i dont hold a grudge except when you tricked me into thinking you were a sexy woman

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
lol, so there is a rumor going around that they are going to replace the fantastic four sequel with a deadpool sequel:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=123762

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Gaunab posted:

your mom is pretty

pretty good at sucking cock

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Dapper Dan posted:

lol, so there is a rumor going around that they are going to replace the fantastic four sequel with a deadpool sequel:

that's getting a little ahead of themselves

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

goon.jpg

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Gatekeeper posted:

how was ant man? the concept seems extremely stupid but stupid things can sometimes make amazing movies like a tarantino

fun movie, treats dumb subject matter with the level of seriousness it deserves; lot of fun stuff visually with the shrinking and growing and teeny tiny action scenes

lot of people comparing it to guardians of the galaxy and that seems apt to me

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Saw FF yesterday. I hated Ant Man but it looks like the Godfather compared to FF. Genuinely one of the worst of the year. Total trash.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Trank will never make a big film again.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dapper Dan posted:

How about waiting for the first film to be a success before deciding to make a sequel?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Young Freud posted:

How about waiting for the first film to be a success before deciding to make a sequel?

because marvel greenlights 10 sequels regardless of performance and everyone else with a superhero license thinks its a sustainable strategy

also, check out how many loving xmen movies there are. i mean good god.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

shiksa posted:

because marvel greenlights 10 sequels regardless of performance and everyone else with a superhero license thinks its a sustainable strategy

Marvel doesnt suck at it. Is Fox that stupi- oh well yeah.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

shiksa posted:

Marvel didn't make FF, or X-Men

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:lol:

It got sodomized internationally. Apparently in 43 markets it's only made 34 million.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=123784

Welp it's dead at home and abroad.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

FRINGE posted:

Marvel doesnt suck at it. Is Fox that stupi- oh well yeah.

well yeah i dont really understand how the steam hasn't run out on the marvel movies personally, but it's working for them, and every last actor they sign has a stipulation for like 10 movies attached to it.

then fox and sony and dc look at how it works over there and wring every last drop out of the franchises they have.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

gfanikf posted:

It got sodomized internationally. Apparently in 43 markets it's only made 34 million.

haha, this is an amazing disaster. i love it

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
has it come out in china yet, cant declare it a failure until that happens

china's burgeoning middle class will watch literally anything with hundred+ mil dollar cgi spectacles

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

china's burgeoning middle class will watch literally anything with hundred+ mil dollar cgi spectacles

It's not being released in China. Apparently they don't want to use a quota slot on it.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

It's not getting a release in China because China limits the number of foreign-made films, so the Hollywood studios have to bid on those spots. Fox is not going to burn one of those spots on something that they know is a failure.

e:fb

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
it's so bad that even they don't think the chinese will want it. they also implied they aren't giving the rights back as they said they are committed to these characters. too bad they burned the franchise to the ground, salted the earth and pissed on the ashes.

i mean, green lantern was years ago when it flopped and wb aren't doing another one until 2020. this is a big bomb, people tend to remember those. you can't just keep rebooting a franchise when you hosed it up. sony tried that and they ended up renegotiating with marvel. and their movies only underperformed.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

gfanikf posted:

The Human Torch's costume looks so bad.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
To be honest, whatever director/writer picks up the reigns of F4-2 will have so little expectation of success they could probably try something risky and make a good movie

Also I just want to say that Kevin Smith's Daredevil starring Ben Affleck as a mouth breathing blind man who thinks doing a magic eye besides his colleagues is acting was the worst comic movie I've ever seen (I havent seen f4). That movie is so bad. I have no expectation that Ben Affleck can pull off a good Batman in a terrible Batman Superman script

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XjLK8pvEMw

love that soundtrack
@4:00min

Madcosby fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 9, 2015

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
People somewhere are predicting that just because FF sucked, this somehow means Deadpool is going to be great and there needs to be a greenlight on a sequel.

Why the gently caress do people have so much confidence in Ryan Reynolds?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

ZombieParts posted:

People somewhere are predicting that just because FF sucked, this somehow means Deadpool is going to be great and there needs to be a greenlight on a sequel.

because he's handsome

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ZombieParts posted:

He is a very likable actor, ith good screen presence.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Neurolimal posted:

China only allows a set number of films from over seas per year, fox may not waste the slot for this poo

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Madcosby posted:

To be honest, whatever director/writer picks up the reigns of F4-2 will have so little expectation of success they could probably try something risky and make a good movie

Also I just want to say that Kevin Smith's Daredevil starring Ben Affleck as a mouth breathing blind man who thinks doing a magic eye besides his colleagues is acting was the worst comic movie I've ever seen (I havent seen f4). That movie is so bad. I have no expectation that Ben Affleck can pull off a good Batman in a terrible Batman Superman script

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XjLK8pvEMw

love that soundtrack
@4:00min

huh i didn't realize kevin smith had anything to do with that movie, he really does just want affleck to be in everything. that movie was rough but colin farrell was pretty funny and ridiculous and affleck is such a handsome little rear end in a top hat

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Laughing Man posted:

China only allows a set number of films from over seas per year, fox may not waste the slot for this poo

Interestingly Deadline is claiming Fox is still trying to get a China slot, and it may have a chance at 200 million abroad...but I don't know if they're getting horseshit from their fox sources. Apparently it did okay in a few markets but underperformed in the mature ones.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
any of you jerks going to see the deadpool movie?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ZombieParts posted:

You'd think Fox would keep Reynolds away from green light.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Kurtofan posted:

You'd think Fox would keep Reynolds away from green light.

He played Hal Jordan as an unrepentant rear end in a top hat.

He did a good job

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

He played Hal Jordan as an unrepentant rear end in a top hat.

He did a good job

Yeah, Green Lantern had a lot of problems, he wasn't one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, Green Lantern had a lot of problems, he wasn't one of them

It was a bad movie that wasn't Reynolds fault

• Locked thread