Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Trank was a virulent anti gamergate disciple.

If you sew seeds of mediocrity, expect a harvest of reckoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

osietra posted:

wut

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

osietra posted:

are you pro gamergate then?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Moola posted:

are you pro gamergate then?

only assholes are pro gamergate. so maybe?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
:agreed:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
which one is the one where i think that gamers are lame cucked manchildren?

im that one

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

shiksa posted:

which one is the one where i think that gamers are lame cucked manchildren?

im that one

thats doom dude. no one cares anymore

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gatekeeper posted:

the man who made 'the frighteners' was obviously allowed to do whatever he wanted

Frighteners is one of my pet favorites but it's not that great. Heavenly Creatures though is legit good, and probably way better than anything Kevin Smith is capable of.

e: I guess I skipped over something somewhere what the hell is a trank

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

King Vidiot posted:

Frighteners is one of my pet favorites but it's not that great.

take it back :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The guy who "directed" ff

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
but yes heavenly creatures was a very good movie, was it also based on a comic book?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I don't know but I loved the frighteners comic and also the tusk comic, such good comics books

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

the tusk comic was mostly just pictures of kevin smith but his wife took them and doodled tusks and whiskers onto his face as a fatass walrus joke but it was really some compelling poo poo

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It was a bad movie that wasn't Reynolds fault

Not being the reason it sucks isn't exactly the same as bringing something extra to the role. Reynolds doesn't bring anything to the table. I figure he must just be a really charming guy in real life. Xmen for instance, they can write pretty much any old poo poo for a script and as long as Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine it's going to have a following.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ZombieParts posted:

Not being the reason it sucks isn't exactly the same as bringing something extra to the role. Reynolds doesn't bring anything to the table. I figure he must just be a really charming guy in real life. Xmen for instance, they can write pretty much any old poo poo for a script and as long as Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine it's going to have a following.

Green lantern was a lame concept because the villains were lame and the ancillary characters were boring.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ZombieParts posted:

I see what you mean, X-men 3 was a great acted movie.

No it wasn't.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

osietra posted:

osietra posted:

Countries with low internet speeds have a higher occurrence of rapes.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Are Reynolds and Affleck the only two who have starred in movies from both companies? Surprised there isn't some blackballing going on.

Also re: Daredevil being worst, have you guys never seen Elektra?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Scaramouche posted:

Are Reynolds and Affleck the only two who have starred in movies from both companies? Surprised there isn't some blackballing going on.

she's a hot greek woman. Don't take your time or she'll look like baba yaga

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

yeah dude seems like a oval office

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Moola posted:

yeah dude seems like a oval office

I think he hates fun

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

osietra posted:

trash person spotted

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Scaramouche posted:

Not sure if you mean marvel and DC, or marvel\disney and fox\fox? Either way the pretty white dude with mild charm and wit who is captain America also played the first torch guy from FF.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Scaramouche posted:

Ah yeah Elektra. I can't remember anything good about that movie. Even the fight scenes were really abrupt and dull.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Arian_Samurai posted:

Ah yeah Elektra. I can't remember anything good about that movie. Even the fight scenes were really abrupt and dull.

she did look good in leather tho

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Sazabi posted:

Not sure if you mean marvel and DC, or marvel\disney and fox\fox? Either way the pretty white dude with mild charm and wit who is captain America also played the first torch guy from FF.

Yeah Marvel and DC regardless of production company, which makes Captain America/Torch single company by that definition.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

she did look good in leather tho

Ah yeah that was pretty cool.

They got Bob Sapp to play an assassin in that movie, so you'd think he'd do some kickboxing or wrestling moves, but Jennifer Garner just drops a tree on him and he turns into dust.

What the heck!!??!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Question for the armchair copyright lawyers:
Is the pre-Fantastic Four human torch a legally distinct character from the F4 Human Torch?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

Is the pre-Fantastic Four human torch a legally distinct character from the F4 Human Torch?

Marvel owns both, so it really doesn't matter.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Applewhite posted:

Supposedly. In fact, there's a brief cameo appearance of pre-Fantastic Four Human Torch android as one of Stark's projects in the World's Fair exhibition in Captain America. Although I'm sure it'll be like one of those things like Captain Marvel, where there can be a flying, flaming android but you better not call him the Human Torch anywhere in the movie.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

Gatekeeper posted:

but yes heavenly creatures was a very good movie, was it also based on a comic book?

It was based on real life.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Scaramouche posted:

the worst comic book movie is catwoman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNlmRId2FVQ

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like they hit rock bottom.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
what happened to your rock penis, ben

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Zzulu posted:

what happened to your rock penis, ben

no penis = body horror. or something. but i like david cronenbergs body horror better.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Say Nothing posted:

Looks like they hit rock bottom.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Red Letter Media just brought out their F4 review, they pretty much say what you'd expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ol2rzuRDAE

Does anyone else pronounce "Fant4stic" as "fant-four-stic" or is that just me?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Thing doesn't have a thing? No rock cock?

"BULLSHIT." - Penn Teller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Marvel owns both, so it really doesn't matter.

Well it would from a movie making perspective because Fox might only own the rights to one.

• Locked thread