Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
plz entr the txt blw 2 continu
goku
even more goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
bison and ostrich and gator and guinea pig and kangaroo, i'd eat a lion if i could, probably not a monkey or ape since apparently it'll turn my brain into swiss cheese, def wouldn't eat a dog because dogs are my (and everyone's) best friends

Nooner posted:

I've never heard anyone say this before everyone I know who has tried it says it sucks

i've had gator many times and its extremely good

its just not like ground beef or w/e where even if it isn't made into a good dish its still ground beef so its still pretty tasty. it seems to depend a lot on how its prepared so if the dish isn't good the gator is kinda bland and poo poo. but usually it's loving awesome.

also voted 5 for the super good checkbox poll, thank you so much op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Bugs aren't meat they are bugs

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
STEAK.

Hipsters...

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

symbolic's dick

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
jellyfish

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i had crocodile jowl and it was just the leanest most dense chicken flavor (and white color) on steroids imaginable

seems like what you'd eat if you wanted to work out even more than those guys who eat 100 chicken breasts a week

12gaugelobotomy
Apr 25, 2012
Ostrich is good. Cant find any place around here to sell me some tho. The ostrich bubble seems to have burst.

Bison is basically interchangeable with beef.
I cooked at a restaurant that served both once. And nobody said poo poo when i switched one out with the other when stock ran out.

I really want to try monkey.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
anyone said urmom yet?

no?

nobody wants to eat rancid meat.

:owned:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I made a furgur once it was pretty good

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
u are a loving waste of life if u aint vegan

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
ur placenta

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
placenta

place holder

makes u thnk

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
a hamburger

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I've accidentally swallowed quite a few bugs over the years.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
pretzel

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Do you mean like a crow or something, or do you mean chicken?

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

12gaugelobotomy posted:

ive seen it available on some carribbean islands

For me though zebra or shark

naem
May 29, 2011

ungulate

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

naem posted:

ungulate

Ungulate meat is good meat.

Pig meat is best meat.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

12gaugelobotomy posted:

Ostrich is good. Cant find any place around here to sell me some tho. The ostrich bubble seems to have burst.

Bison is basically interchangeable with beef.
I cooked at a restaurant that served both once. And nobody said poo poo when i switched one out with the other when stock ran out.

eh bison is leaner and less flavorful, its good but it ain't no beef

i lived in arizona for a while and in a special town called chandler they have the Ostrich Festival once a year, people ride ostriches and have ostrich races and many food trucks and vendors gather around to give us delicious ostrich meats, burgers and big honkin drumsticks and you can eat an ostrich while you pet an ostrich while you watch a midget ride an ostrich, its what sex in heaven with a wizard must feel like just layer upon layer of magic, i even got to ride a camel one year which admittedly has nothing to do with ostriches but fucker of mothers man it was the greatest day ever

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Gatekeeper posted:

i lived in arizona for a while and in a special town called chandler they have the Ostrich Festival once a year, people ride ostriches and have ostrich races and many food trucks and vendors gather around to give us delicious ostrich meats, burgers and big honkin drumsticks and you can eat an ostrich while you pet an ostrich while you watch a midget ride an ostrich, its what sex in heaven with a wizard must feel like just layer upon layer of magic, i even got to ride a camel one year which admittedly has nothing to do with ostriches but fucker of mothers man it was the greatest day ever

did you get to eat the camel too? I have never had camel or ostrich but I would love to shove both down my fat gullet

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

Nooner posted:

I've never heard anyone say this before everyone I know who has tried it says it sucks

If you like fish and chicken you will probably like gator. It tastes like a cross between the two.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Gatekeeper posted:

I would start up an ostrich farm just so I could ride ostriches into town, but gently caress eating their flavorless greasy asses.

Ostrich is probably the worst bird meat that I have ever had.

I'd happily put a bullet into a camel or horse if it meant I could eat some of their sweet, muscular meats...the Ikea scandal only made me want it more, and you can't really get it anywhere in the US.

gently caress, I'll shoot my own horse if I have to. gently caress horses, they're little more than 1000lb skittish retards

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Dick Fagballzson posted:

If you like fish and chicken you will probably like gator. It tastes like a cross between the two.

Gator has a lot in common with frog, which could be a ringing endorsement, or a terrible critique, depending on how you feel about chickenfishmeat

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

i'm at the hospital and this guy is reading my name and he goes "hey, did your dad have the same name as you? grew up in south beach? his dad was a fireman?" and i'm like "uh.... yes?" and he goes "holy poo poo me and your dad were best friends when we were little, we used to go camping together all the time! we'd always catch frogs and cut off their legs and grill them every night, it was delicious! wow, i haven't thought about him in years, how is your dad??" and i told him my dad died like three months earlier and he goes "aw, that's a shame, i'm so sorry. but if you ever get to try frogs legs you really should, i'm just sorry your dad isn't here to grill them for you"

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

i couldn't tell if it was a sick burn or genuine disappointment that i'd never get to eat frogs legs prepared by my dead dad

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Eat yourself some frog legs in memory of your old man

I've had shark fin. Pretty good wasn't weird or nothin.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Gatekeeper posted:

i couldn't tell if it was a sick burn or genuine disappointment that i'd never get to eat frogs legs prepared by my dead dad

That's uh...really sad?

Anyway, eat a frog leg or two in memorial. poo poo, I want some frog legs right now, but it's 4 in the morning, so I should probably just go to sleep...

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Amorphous Blob posted:

lol congrats on eating like the most unethical meat

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

mdm posted:

its like incest the tabooness makes it taste better

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

mdm posted:

Hahaha dang I feel kinda proud of myself

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

mdm posted:

I thought foie gras was the most unethical meat.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gatekeeper posted:

They're easy as gently caress to cook. I suggest grilling them actually with like a thirty minute soak in lemon juice evoo salt and pepper. You can also fry them just like small drumsticks and then put them next to a little pot of the same sort of sauce you'd have with crab cakes, whatever that is in your area.

I had elk which is very tasty. If I weren't a piece of poo poo / unlucky I would have had mountain lion (supposedly terrible), ant eggs, and/or fried bug medly (mostly crickets).

Amorphous Blob posted:

I've had shark fin. It's flavorless tendon like poo poo, the only taste it has is the broth it's in. It's almost exactly like jellyfish but with less of the interesting texture jellyfish has and also hugely wasteful / morally bad to eat unlike jellyfish which you basically could eat forever and never deplete the stock of.

raton fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 12, 2015

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
cheese, the meat of the dairy world

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Kangaroo Burger with a side of fried Python at the Flaming Grill Cafe in Sacramento.

http://www.flaminggrillcafe.com/

Kangaroo burger was terrible. Fried python was delicious. Everythiing else they have there - elk, bison, etc was fantastic.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Nyala and warthog are the only ones I'd eat again.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Dick Fagballzson posted:

I thought foie gras was the most unethical meat.

no it is the most comedic, it can't be two things

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Ortolan

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

corpuscollossus posted:

Nyala and warthog are the only ones I'd eat again.

descriptions of the meat, please? how it was prepared, texture, aroma, flavor, what your burps/poos were like afterwards? just curious because i've heard people discuss pretty much every other meat in this thread but never these two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

That's supposed to be cruel as hell. How was it? Inb4 tastes like chicken

• Locked thread