Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
So no DQ for blatantly attacking a ref. Good job New Japan. You've joined TNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

it's not gonna happen for that reason, but I wonder what would theoretically happen if they had a time limit draw here?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tap, Tanahashi, taaaaaap!

Edit: Jesus this is getting good.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Aug 14, 2015

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ayn rand hand job posted:

So no DQ for blatantly attacking a ref. Good job New Japan. You've joined TNA

rules arent consistent across the wrestling universe. never watch dragon gate if this bugs you

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HOLY gently caress HE HIT IT HOLY gently caress HE KICKED OUT

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tana's styles clash should've been the finish imo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

I like the idea that AJ is absolutely the master of the Styles Clash and that it just isn't quite as effective if it isn't him doing it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yea ok posted:

rules arent consistent across the wrestling universe. never watch dragon gate if this bugs you

and while it's fair to dislike it, NJPW's pretty consistent int hat a ref's not gonna let a huge match end in a DQ

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo I can't be mad at either of those guys winning that, though I had hoped AJ would make it to the final.

That was great.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
that was a great match

yea ok posted:

Thauros posted:

and while it's fair to dislike it, NJPW's pretty consistent int hat a ref's not gonna let a huge match end in a DQ

nah, I don't mind ref bumps, but if there was time for a dq, it would be attacking a ref who's checking on an opponent, if red shoes was a foot or two to the side, not really going to take issue with it

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

:captainpop::captainpop::captainpop::captainpop::captainpop::captainpop::captainpop::captainpop::captainpop::captainpop::captainpop:

That match was amazing

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

If Okada reaches and wins the final, does he get the Dome shot as a backup in case he drops the belt before then? Or does it go to the runner-up / someone else?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

Bah its so weak he took it out of his arsenal

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I'mma need a gif of tana grabbing that air guitar.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Aug 14, 2015

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tanahashi has 7 victories and 12 points?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

We'll fund out who Tana faces in the Finals tomorrow morning at the usual time 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST

Next show:

Day 18 (Block B) - Saturday August 15th from Ryogoku Koukigan (Sumo Hall)

Sho Tanaka and Yohei Komatsu vs. reDRagon
Jay White and David Finlay vs. the Young Bucks
CHAOS/Kingdom(YTR, Saku, YOSHI, Taven, and Bennett)w/ Maria vs. Bullet Club (Styles, Gallows, Fale, Tama, and Hall)
Tanahashi, Shibata, Makabe, Tenzan, and KUSHIDA vs. Naito, Ibushi, Nakanashi, Captain, and Ricochet
G1 Climax Block B Match:Tomoaki Honma[2 !!!] vs. Yujiro Takahashi[4]
G1 Climax Block B Match:Tomohiro Ishii[8] vs. Michael Elgin[8]
G1 Climax Block B Match:Hirooki Goto[12] vs. Yuji Nagata[4]
G1 Climax Block B Match:Satoshi Kojima[4] vs. Karl Anderson[12]
G1 Climax Block B Match:Kazuchika Okada[14] vs. Shinsuke Nakamura[12]

Nakamura vs Okada is shown as the main event again unlike a couple days ago. I'm guessing this means we see upsets in the Anderson and Goto matches that are probably necessitated by Nakamura missing that Elgin match.

ayn rand hand job posted:

Tanahashi has 7 victories and 12 points?

urrgh , I always gently caress up something with the main. thanks. Fixed now

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 14, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So if Nakamura beats Okada and Goto isn't in the running, that means it comes down to Nakamura's victory over Okada being the tiebreaker despite being drawn on points, right?

But if Goto wins his match and Nakamura wins his, then all three will be on 14 and Goto trumps Okada but Nakamura trumps them both.... unless Anderson also wins and oh I've gone cross-eyed.

I don't know how the gently caress Jado and Gedo do this.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
You don't have to worry about every possible outcome when you already know the point totals you want and just work backwards. Unless someone gets injured and fucks everything up.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, Nakamura's forfeit loss seems like it really hosed up the booking. Nakamura and Okada should have been tied at this point, so tomorrow would be the tiebreaker.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
I think he was probably just going to lose to someone else had he not had to forfeit the Elgin match. Nobody ever takes just one loss in the G1.

edit: Checked and it looks like the last time a G1 block winner didn't take at least 2 losses was 2009.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 14, 2015

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Thauros posted:

Yeah, draws get each competitor one point and afaik there's no way for neither wrestler in a match to earn any poitns.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I was looking at some older G1 results at work today, and it would appear that in 2004, Chono and Nakamura went to a double count out and as such, neither received points.

Of course that doesn't matter at this point, but I was genuinely curious if double countouts and dq's were scored differently. Good to know!

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Naito beat all the top stars in his block and lost to the geek squad

He's just too tranquilo to take most of the roster seriously :mexico:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I haven't woken up live for a show yet but tomorrow may be the one. I could probably get away with getting up at 6 and catching JUST the last couple of block matches, which will play out the final result.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
5,658 paid for today's show

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

5,658 paid for today's show

gently caress, my guess was like 7. I guess they could've had some comps though

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

As much as I want to stay up for Nakamura/Okada tonight, I've had a terrible track record of staying up for the main events live. Luckily tomorrow starts at 11 and I have a group that were specifically down to see whatever the finals ended up being.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

‏@davemeltzerWON 9h9 hours ago

Evidently Sumo Hall today was filled with Japanese versions of the Bayley girl Izzy from Orlando.

Uh, could one of you guys who watch NXT as well explain this? Is it a reference to the empty seats, a compliment on the enthusiasm of those who showed up or something else entirely?

Oh, and a reminder that the last block day headlined by Okada/Nakamura is in the morning at 5:30 EDT

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

Uh, could one of you guys who watch NXT as well explain this? Is it a reference to the empty seats, a compliment on the enthusiasm of those who showed up or something else entirely?

Oh, and a reminder that the last block day headlined by Okada/Nakamura is in the morning at 5:30 EDT

i have no idea what that means unless the meltz thinks bayley girl is a plant, which she isn't.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

That Tanahashi/Styles match was magic and some of those near falls got me good. I wish AJ had won, but you can't complain with a match like that.

I will complain about Shibata losing to loving Doc loving Gallows. It served no purpose and then to have Naito lose to Tenzan a couple matches later, it just left me feeling like block A turned into a lame joke. Nobody was in the running other than Tana and AJ, and pretty much everyone else looked like a chump. I said it the other day and I will say it again: gently caress Tenzan and his stupid loving mullet.

At least Block B has some drama to the point totals and Karl Anderson is totally going to the finals again. There is no possible way he loses to Kojima He will :(

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
If someone has less than 6 points on the last day and is not named Honma, they are going to win.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

I assume he's referring to how excited/overwhelmed the fans were after Tanahashi's win - they were pretty loving psyched up and hugging him and basically being all giddy as he went around ringside and up the ramp talking and wiping himself down with towels etc. Even more so than is usual for Tanahashi fans.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

I can understand keeping most people strong by giving them a semi-respectable point total but Doc Gallows is a bridge too far

There would be far less complaints about the booking if he had only gotten 2pt from beating Yano

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

crowd doesn't look any better at all really even though I heard a while ago that this one had a better advance :(

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

YTR's tron is just an advertisement reel now

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tonfa posted:

YTR's tron is just an advertisement reel now

yeah it was like that yesterday for his match with Fale, it's perfect for him

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Looking forward to a Shibata/Naito fued

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

To recap:

Goto and MGKA both lose their matches: Okada vs Nakamura determines which one wins block (this is what will happen)
Goto and MGKA both win: Okada vs Nakamura determines Okada or MGKA winning block
One of Goto or MGKA wins, one loses: Okada wins block unless Gedo had a stroke and booked a three-way equal tie

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh man, perfect timing, it's the Honma match :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I forgot how much I love Yujiro's theme and I haven't been watching as much as some of you so I haven't seen him enter not in a multi man in a while, so I've missed the glory that is Mao-chan too.

It's just too bad he's no good in the ring.

• Locked thread