Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
grizzly has huge talons, ape has intelligence and thumsbs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the spectators

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
this thread is thumsbs down

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
bears are an order of magnitude stronger than gorillas

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

bears have vicious huge teeth and claws, I think it would just tear the dumb ape's guts out like it was digging a hole

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Fonzarelli posted:

bears have vicious huge teeth and claws, I think it would just tear the dumb ape's guts out like it was digging a hole

You've been to Yellowstone, I take it?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

TwoFire posted:

You've been to Yellowstone, I take it?

i haven't but i want to, american wilderness is iconic and cool

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Gorillas can use weapons though. Give an ape an ak47 with the right training it could be deadly

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
DC's Gorilla Grodd would win a fight with Marvel's Grizzly.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'll fight both of them and a large number of 5 year olds in a free-for-all battle royale on pay per view

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

a better question is, could an extremely tall, heavy, strong man, trained from birth to fight gorillas, win in unarmed combat against a gorilla?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
why cant they just be friends? why must they fight to the death in your cruel hypothetical arena? wtf is wrong with you? bitch

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Fonzarelli posted:

i haven't but i want to, american wilderness is iconic and cool

It is pretty awesome. Every day I was there there was some asian person trying to put one of their kids on a wild animal or walking perilously close to immediate boiling.

Atrocity tourism at its' best.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

TEAYCHES posted:

a better question is, could an extremely tall, heavy, strong man, trained from birth to fight gorillas, win in unarmed combat against a gorilla?

now the gorilla would just tear his arms off really easy, he'd probably just grab his head and much his face off too

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

JiveHonky posted:

why cant they just be friends? why must they fight to the death in your cruel hypothetical arena? wtf is wrong with you? bitch

Love conquers all.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Ah, the quarterly grizzly vs gorilla thread. I'm siding with team grizzly as is my custom.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Good fight, I may take the gorilla if the odds are good, grizzly is a lot bigger and a predator but gorilla can tank damage and strong enough to smash a bears face, plus gorilla has huge fangs too

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Gorilla would win hands down

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
LETS BE REAL HERE GUYS.

GORILLA, 800-950LBS OF PURE MUSCLE. HAS SOME INTELLIGENCE, CAN FORGE TOOLS AND USE TO ADVANTAGE. HAS THUMBS, AGILE AS gently caress.

GRIZZLY, 1400LBS, DEFINITELY A TANK SPEC, CAN CHARGE SUPER FAST, HUGE PAWS AND FANGS, BUT SLOWER.

I THINK THIS IS A FAIRLY EVEN MATCHUP

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
what about a tiger or lion in the mix? would a tiger take out a grizzly? I mean, i know it'd wipe out the ape easily. my worry is the tiger can't get a throat hold on the bear because of it's thick skin/fat. hmm

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
not gonna lie, i would watch deadliest warrior with animals. they'd probably make it too if animal rights activists wouldn't complain about cgi animals fighting to the death

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
all i know is that breakfast cereal will never be the same again :newlol:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
looks like science has already solved this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVR55BYVbYs

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
it would obv be the bear. gorillaz look like a bunch of goons fighting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDYyv-iLmRY

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Nature don't have morals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcnH_TOqi3I

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

that's not what my pastor told me

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

TEAYCHES posted:

How do you think Tarzan got accepted into the gorilla gang? He had to crack some skulls to get some jungle cred.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
Gojira, who Americans may know as Godzilla.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JiveHonky posted:

Ok... Out of the bear and the gorilla which one would get the other the more thoughtful gift.

Catpetter
Dec 12, 2004

Tell your god to ready for blood
Soiled Meat

Lascivious Sloth posted:

what about a tiger or lion in the mix? would a tiger take out a grizzly? I mean, i know it'd wipe out the ape easily. my worry is the tiger can't get a throat hold on the bear because of it's thick skin/fat. hmm

when my dad worked at a zoo, he said he saw an orang pick up and throw a lion that had jumped or fallen into their area back over the divide. or maybe it was a chimpanzee. anyway that's my poorly remembered story.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Bear and it's not even close

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
A black man and a shark in a wading pool

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
Which animal would be able to cuck me most relentlessly? (The answer is bull.)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Verily I Shat posted:

A black man and a shark in a wading pool

walk into a bar

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

walk into a bar

The black man shows the shark his dong and the shark goes "its not all that great being white"

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
1 wolf vs. 3 police german shepherds

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

TEAYCHES posted:

hell, a chimp could kick that guy's rear end

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TEAYCHES posted:

No he would not even make a showing. Primates are so loving strong dude you have no idea. A gorilla would rip him in half and then rape both halves before the guy could throw the first punch.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

that's ok the man could just show the gorilla his cock and forever humiliate the gorilla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

lol people are equating strength with size. the gorilla would shatter the grizzly's skull in one hit

• Locked thread