Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
Is Perry Bible Fellowship still the best webcomic? I'm going to assume it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Pbf shares the gag webcomic throne with Achewood.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Parking Lot is Full was the best webcomic. and then PBF

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I was more a ziggy man myself

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I wish I was taller.

dpush
Nov 10, 2009
I saw a Ziggy once where he fell for the ol' "would you like to buy a bridge?" gag.

dpush
Nov 10, 2009
Oh and one time a bird poo poo on his car. How could I forget?

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Farside, Bloom County, Calvin and Hobbs are all pretty good but if I'm in the mood for a good chortle I read a chick tract.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
the wizard of id/bc is the best with the not-too-subtle christian nuances and HOLY gently caress CLAMS GOT LEGS! :newlol:

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
"The vacuum bag is hot today. Howdy."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

The Far Side definitely hosed up my brain.

However the worst thing about the Far Side are all the lovely knock-offs it spawned.

Remember Close To Home?

god, Close To Home sucked

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

loquacius posted:

what happened did thrifty nickle actually get some webcomic they could print instead

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
is gay rr larrson from the midwest? i'd be shocked if not. i'm not going to look it up (for suspense) so someone here please post yes or no

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

thathonkey posted:

is gay rr larrson from the midwest? i'd be shocked if not. i'm not going to look it up (for suspense) so someone here please post yes or no

tacoma washington, says wikipedia

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

loquacius posted:

See, in hindsight the main reason like 75% of programmers got into programming in the first place is that they were really into video games when they were kids, and now those particular kids are the only ones that can manage to get decent jobs in the 2010s economy. Take that, Gary :smug:

lol what? It's pretty much common knowledge that video game programming is poo poo pay, poo poo security, poo poo hours, complete poo poo work.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Toadvine posted:

tacoma washington, says wikipedia

:monocle:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Melmac posted:

lol what? It's pretty much common knowledge that video game programming is poo poo pay, poo poo security, poo poo hours, complete poo poo work.

i think their point was that by learning to program in hopes of being a video game programmer they acquired all the necessary skills to become employed as a non-videogame programmer...

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
Apologies to the late Gary Larson. Your medium is out late at night and your work is needed as a good example.Please don't curse me.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

loquacius posted:

Remember Close To Home?

arrrrrgh loving lol this is the one-a-day calendar that my wife got for Xmas and every day its jsut so. loving. stupid.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
closetohome@mac.com

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Toadvine posted:

never understood why of all media The Far Side gets the white glove treatment from internet posters. why does this lone comic author have his wishes respected by the internet to not post his work online. His metaphor of his comic=his daughter is loving weird to boot.

because he asked nicely, which is actually a magic key even in some psychotically evil places

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

Remember Close To Home?

"Hmm if only there was a way to tell lame as gently caress mom-jokes combined with subjecting people to barely inscrutable scribbles..."

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Tujague posted:

Yeah goddamn suck a dick, comic guy from 100 years ago

Slapping your poo poo up on my facebook page is no more raping your children than showing a co-worker a cartoon in a newspaper they didn't pay for, that's completely retarded

And you don't have 1800 children, and if you did they wouldn't have made you a multimillionaire, and if they had you still couldn't control them once they turn 25 goddamn years old

And nobody's making any money pirating your old poo poo from me because I have adblocker and noscript because I am not retarded

Jesus christ this prick drew cartoons where a cow is looking in a married couple's window and the guy is saying "Did you just say moo?" he wasn't Rembrandt lay off the hot air

lol

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

marmaduke was and is the best comic

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

nomadologique posted:

marmaduke was and is the best comic

holy gently caress that is a big dog look at that big dog goddamn huge dog

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

TwoFire posted:

holy gently caress that is a big dog look at that big dog goddamn huge dog

i know what to expect and it never fails to deliver

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
sorry bro but your plea was not enough to save print-based publishing better luck nezt time catch you on da flip

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

nomadologique posted:

i know what to expect and it never fails to deliver

like for better or worse without the aging canadian problems, really

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

most of my favorite comics are the serious underachievers, there's something really relatable about how utterly sadsack they are

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

GigaPeon posted:

So I really wanted the Far Side box set they put out a while ago. the one where it's all glossy hard covers. I got it for a gift, but it's every Farside in two giant books. How the gently caress do I read it on the toilet?? You don't and that's why they're gathering dust on a shelf.

I have it. That entire thing is pretty god drat heavy. Accidentally dropped it in my lap once, and it left a heck of a mark for some time.

"Dang. Why do I always have to sit next to some weirdo."

Also, back when the GBS crews were in full swing, I really wanted to make some kind of sig for work crew with this:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Melmac posted:

I don't see how this is in any way relevant to what I said :confused:

Kids get really into video games, they get curious about how they are made, they learn to program, they go to college, they get a job somewhere in tech as the only type of professional that can actually find a job in the 21st century. Regardless of whether the job they end up getting is in games (and tons of people still want those jobs regardless of work hours or security because they like games that much), one of the most popular reasons anyone gained an interest in programming in the first place is because they liked games as a kid. See: the majority of the CS department in my college class, myself included.

loquacius fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 14, 2015

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Wicker Man posted:

I have it. That entire thing is pretty god drat heavy. Accidentally dropped it in my lap once, and it left a heck of a mark for some time.

"Dang. Why do I always have to sit next to some weirdo."

Also, back when the GBS crews were in full swing, I really wanted to make some kind of sig for work crew with this:

have a cup, it complements a man with wit.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Close to Home desperately wishes it was Ballard Street, but it's not, because Ballard Street is beautiful and amazing.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i like the one where the dog is dreaming about loving a car

e: here we go

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

loquacius posted:

the only type of professional that can actually find a job in the 21st century.

im lolling

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i like the one where the dog is dreaming about loving a car

why is that dog loving a car it makes no sense

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The dog is not loving the car.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

notZaar posted:

The dog is not loving the car.

Says:
1) You
2) Gary Larson

no just rubbing against the lovely attempt at a rwd axel is CONVIENENT

of all tranny apologists I figured you'd be better than this i mean god its obvious he is molesting, nay, raping the car!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Gary is a bad drawer, not a sex pervert.

• Locked thread