Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

krispykremessuck posted:

are you an elendil parachute

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
You're not the same Coast Guard guy who got laughed out of here when you complained about the police bitching whenever you snagged a boat DUI and turned it over to them, are you?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

That's a loving boss dogge

GunForumMeme posted:

You're not the same Coast Guard guy who got laughed out of here when you complained about the police bitching whenever you snagged a boat DUI and turned it over to them, are you?

Wasn't that elendil?

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

A+ would click again

a good dogge :canada:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
What the gently caress is a Guardia Coastie.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I'd bet money on it being italian.

elsanto
Apr 6, 2004

SirDrinksAlot posted:

A lot of words
Elendil, my wife was an ER nurse for about 15 years before packing it in. HCAP was the last straw that finally drove her out. She for a private home health care/ hospice care company doing phone triage and loves it. Most of our RN acquaintances who have left the big hospital world for something smaller have been pretty glad they did. There are other ways to use your experience. Home health care is booming. Just saying.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

plus 100 lbs

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Sry I couldn't find airsoft rambo

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Just 20 minutes ago I saw a medic smash a guys face about 10 times with a metal clipboard because he was being combative in the back of the meat wagon.Band-Aid Buggy.

I've also seen the old "lets use the biggest loving catheter known to mankind" trick from a 5' nothing 100 lbs smoking hot nurse with a poo poo eating grin on her face.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The number of medics who like to blur the lines between medical care and fistfight with drunks while on duty is awesome.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I love watching Filipino nurses throw drunk arseholes about in A&E (British ER) but I swear to god if I see someone hit a paramedic then I will have a very strong word with them. Maybe even raise my voice.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

We had a detox van run by a local place that would be run by EMTs. They were way rougher than the EMTs and loved fighting. I've seen them give a few nickle rides, as well. Also one of the girls had one arm and would put a glove on her stump.

Behemuff
Sep 23, 2010

but the eyes - never!
My nurse mate reckons that all coppers are horny sex-pests. True/false?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

But also one punched an addict for her so fair's fair tbqh.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I got a hand job from a jail nurse at 2am in a fry'n pan bathroom once.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Branis posted:

I got a hand job from a jail nurse at 2am in a fry'n pan bathroom once.

Were you on the clock? How was he?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
pictured: branis and his handy nurse

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

pictured: branis and his handy nurse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjQtzV9IZ0Q

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
off duty, he was good hands were a little rough.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4cafPOBubc

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

I'm filling out an application for a local PD and it's asking me if I have a motor vehicle conviction record. Is this where I disclose my speeding ticket from 2006 or is this section for more serious things like a DUI?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Turkey Farts posted:

I'm filling out an application for a local PD and it's asking me if I have a motor vehicle conviction record. Is this where I disclose my speeding ticket from 2006 or is this section for more serious things like a DUI?

Why not both?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Turkey Farts posted:

Usually they don't care about your one speeding ticket from ten years ago. Just mention it and be done with it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Usually they don't care about your one speeding ticket from ten years ago. Just mention it and be done with it.

This is probably the best route. When I was getting my security clearance I told them about the speeding ticket I got when I was 17. I felt silly about it, mentioned it to my supervisor who said that it was good to include it because if they found out about it and saw I didn't mention it, it would have raised all kinds of red flags.

That being said it took forever to get my clearance because the folks doing the investigation were flummoxed by my British birth certificate.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
My last BI gave me a ton of poo poo for including stuff like a college parking ticket and other BS nonsense. Except later admitted that if they found it in the system it could potentially be used to disqualify my application for hiding something.

Then he complained it just made extra work for him to go back and follow-up on stuff. WHICH IS IT MAN. WHICH IS IT.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Hey piggies I had a question about consent decrees. Specifically if any of you have ever served in a department that was operating under one and what sort of changes to day to day operations were involved

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

So apparently Santa Ana PD heard about cell phone cameras getting tossed and decided to take it to the next level. Link has video.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/08/cops-filmed-behaving-badly-say-pot-shops-camera-illegally-recorded-raid/ posted:

Did you hear the one about the cops not wanting to use a store's surveillance tape to help solve a crime?

Who could blame these Santa Ana cops? Video shows them smashing surveillance cameras, badmouthing a woman in a wheelchair, and perhaps even munching on marijuana-infused products after they stormed a medical marijuana shop in Southern California, which was being investigated for allegedly operating unlawfully in the city.

Three of the unidentified cops are demanding that a judge block the police department from using the tapes against them as the department investigates the officers' conduct during the May raid. The cops at the center of the investigation say the Sky High Medical Marijuana Dispensary illegally recorded them because the officers believed they had disabled all the store's cameras and therefore had an expectation of privacy "that their conversations were no longer being recorded," according to the cops' Aug. 5 lawsuit. (PDF) The suit says the tapes were also "edited" and cannot be relied upon.

A hearing on the issue is scheduled for Monday in Orange County Superior Court.

The dispensary's attorney, Matthew Pappas, said in a telephone interview with Ars that "there is nothing doctored in those videos. Those videos are what the officers did."

"If officers concerned about the video showing something done being bad by them, they should not have broken the law during the raid," Pappas said.

The video shows the officers breaking through the door, ordering everybody down to the ground at gunpoint. The officers are also recorded playing darts and perhaps eating edible marijuana products. Two of them also joked about a wheelchair-bound amputee who was at the shop.

"Did you punch that one-legged old Benita?" one officer says.

Another replied: "I was about to kick her in her loving nub:"

Pappas said he released two edited, short versions of the tapes to the media, one of which had added subtitles. But there is 14 hours worth of raw footage he turned over to the Santa Ana internal affairs investigators.

The three police officers trying to quash the tape contend the recording was illegal because, under California law, all parties to a confidential communication must consent to the recording.

Pappas said there are signs throughout the store notifying patrons that they were being monitored on video.

"This is outrageous," he said.

Pappas is suing (PDF) the department in federal court on behalf of the marijuana collective, and some of its patrons. The collective claims officers "were intentionally destructive and destroyed video surveillance equipment, safes, furniture, fixtures, doors, and other property at the collective." What's more, during the raid, "officers consumed food products that were the property of the collective," according to the suit.

Some of the patrons allege they "were detained for hours and placed in fear by officers."

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Police Lounge '15: I was about to kick her in the loving nub.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

bitcoin bastard posted:

So apparently Santa Ana PD heard about cell phone cameras getting tossed and decided to take it to the next level. Link has video.
The defense is throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks in an attempt to suppress evidence unfavorable to their clients. It's not really newsworthy unless a judge takes the motion seriously.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
What does it feel like to be tazed

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

It is not as bad as being pepper sprayed. The pain of tasing ends quickly, OC doesn't. I received so much that I had to be dragged to the showers with my head in a milk bucket.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Tasing you was probably really fun though and I bet a lot of people asked to do it.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

You can stick a knife in the toaster and find out for yourself.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Rad Lieutenant posted:

You can stick a knife in the toaster and find out for yourself.

So is it like being electrocuted by a wall socket but not dying? I've never stuck a knife in a toaster or a fork in an outlet so I wouldn't know but from what it sounds like it hurts

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Vahakyla posted:

It is not as bad as being pepper sprayed. The pain of tasing ends quickly, OC doesn't. I received so much that I had to be dragged to the showers with my head in a milk bucket.

Have you ever gotten pepper spray on your dick or ...southern mucous membranes?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

It hurts. A lot. All your muscles lock up and once it's over you feel no pain but are sore from muscle strain.

As for pepper spray in ur dick if you're stupid enough to shower immediately after being sprayed the chemicals flow down your body and it feels like a sunburn everywhere it gets to.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How do the cop goons in this thread feel about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMoTfLykVcA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I didn't watch the video, but lying is easily the fastest way to lose your job as a cop. If you lose your integrity in the eyes of the court you're dead in the water.

• Locked thread