Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

This probably explains why he was LITERALLY MAD IRL

Are you the de facto mayor? Because we have some corruption to stealthily get away with.

I know it's our job on this island, but it sounds like you're role fishing here. It's a bit scummy imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I can see how you might think it was rolefishing if mayor was a role? I've never heard of it. I thought the corruption part gave away that it was a joke!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Mayor actually is a role, and not a terribly uncommon one, though it doesn't get a lot of use here cuz it's a doublevoter and doublevoter fucks with votefinder, I believe.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I can see how you might think it was rolefishing if mayor was a role? I've never heard of it. I thought the corruption part gave away that it was a joke!

Well I don't know about mayor, but I've seen Ecco use a governor in his last game. Mayor and governor could be used interchangeably for the purposes of role naming.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't be surprised to see a mayor here, especially since Ecco makes sure to manually count votes and did mention multi-voters before.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

hmmmm weird!

but I would almost guarantee there being a multivoter based on Ecco specifically bringing back the weird vote rules. I don't believe she's used it her last few games iirc?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

BottleKnight posted:

hmmmm weird!

but I would almost guarantee there being a multivoter based on Ecco specifically bringing back the weird vote rules. I don't believe she's used it her last few games iirc?

You do not recall correctly.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
*Yawn* I just woke up. I was up late, crying about Pierre. He was a good friend and a good customer. As one of the strongest women in this town, both physically and mentally, I consider myself a leader. We WILL find the scum who did this to our dear Pierre and make them pay.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Kashuno posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a mayor here, especially since Ecco makes sure to manually count votes and did mention multi-voters before.

it's an every ecco game thing, not good for speculation

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Jedit posted:

##vote QPQ, Steven Universe fans are one step away from bronies.

*pointedly motions to own avatar*

I disagree.

Kashuno posted:

Wow did anyone else see how long d1 is

4 days is a very reasonable amount of time also read the OP your concerns are addressed explicitly.

BottleKnight posted:

This probably explains why he was LITERALLY MAD IRL

LMIRL was one of our best players and I will not countenance even mild jokes.

BottleKnight posted:

minigames in my Stories of Love and Hate: The Redemption of Arrentia series use votefinder since they are partially political statements about lack of queues and thus I put in little effort into them (often just reusing old setups with few to no modifications).

big games are more special and thus get manual counts.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Don't take my comment the wrong way! I like long days :)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

LMIRL was one of our best players and I will not countenance even mild jokes.

I did not know that, but you could've just said it was a bad joke Ecco :smith:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Literally mad IRL more like literally hasn't played in like half a decade IRL.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

Literally mad IRL more like literally hasn't played in like half a decade IRL.

I send him a message about once a year or so to make sure he is alive and if he'd like to play a game (France etc.), and he usually responds a day or so later with a polite rejection, BUT I messaged him a few months ago and he never responded :ohdear:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Everyone that Ecco responded to in the thread is probably Town. The posts are taken as sincere and by engaging with them on that basis Ecco, as Mod who knows all the roles, implies that they are Town. I believe Ecco would respond in a ScumDoc for idle chatter to and chat idly about the game with Scum players, rather than posting in-thread.

So directly due to Ecco's post in-thread, my reads are skewed, (right or wrong) toward Town on Jedit, Kashuno, and Bottle Knight. In addition, Ecco directly criticized the vote on QPQ as wrong, and I dont think Ecco woukd do that if Jedit was actually voting a Scum, so QPQ tends to be cleared as well.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Lumpen posted:

Everyone that Ecco responded to in the thread is probably Town. The posts are taken as sincere and by engaging with them on that basis Ecco, as Mod who knows all the roles, implies that they are Town. I believe Ecco would respond in a ScumDoc for idle chatter to and chat idly about the game with Scum players, rather than posting in-thread.

So directly due to Ecco's post in-thread, my reads are skewed, (right or wrong) toward Town on Jedit, Kashuno, and Bottle Knight. In addition, Ecco directly criticized the vote on QPQ as wrong, and I dont think Ecco woukd do that if Jedit was actually voting a Scum, so QPQ tends to be cleared as well.

Haha, this is the worst post.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Lumpen posted:

I tried to put a fence on this post and the fence transformed into a giant sign that said "please, step onto this land" this post was so bad.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh my god lumpen

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ecco has mod confirmed me as a power role for town, though. You can read that in the scum doc.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hi friends I am in this game yes sirree I am

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

I apparently signed up for this game and ecco gave me my typical vanilla town role pm so I guess I am ready to find the scum

Dammit, I wanted to enjoy jokephase but you're not PMom so I don't like the immediate VT claim. It seems :siren: shifty :siren:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote SirSamVines greedy

Oh look and then you jump on Sam with a vote that could easily be played off as a joke or pushed as a serious case.

Boo, Hal.

Boo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity posted:

Dammit, I wanted to enjoy jokephase but you're not PMom so I don't like the immediate VT claim. It seems :siren: shifty :siren:

I'm claiming vanilla. That doesn't mean anything!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Hi friends I am in this game yes sirree I am

Well it's about time you checked in given how badly you wanted the game to start yesterday.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I'm claiming vanilla. That doesn't mean anything!

The most powerful vanilla

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

What drew your attention in it?

If I'm reading diqnol right I'm guessing it's the strong early defence of Sam that would be a strong connection if one of you ends up flipping scum

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EXAKT Science posted:

Ah so we're already starting fully in earnest? Why not give things more of a chance to simmer?

Attacking Meinberg in jokephase is how 80% of mafia games start :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

Nah. We meta too. And I'm usually the person that gets too serious too quickly. I was planning on waiting until at least D2 before going full on LJ on you guys.

Where do you normally play your mafia?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

Who would you prefer be holding it? What do you think of the other two people who tried to grab it?

Solid post, Sam's pushing to create content in the early game without guiding opinions or attacking someone.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

Who would you prefer be holding it? What do you think of the other two people who tried to grab it?

Obviously when I said Sam I meant TM shut up everyone

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Rarity posted:

Attacking Meinberg in jokephase is how 80% of mafia games start :v:

This is true, even for games he isn't in.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lumpen posted:

Speaking as someone you're claiming is Town: your logic is appalling. Admittedly if none of me, Kashuno and BK were Town Ecco would probably have used the Scumdoc, but despite her dubious predilections for cartoons she is not stupid enough to address only Townies in the thread. The absolute most you can say is that at least one of us is Town, and even that isn't necessarily proven by the facts you have.

EccoRaven posted:

*pointedly motions to own avatar*

I disagree.

Hey, I never said it was a step up.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Rarity posted:

Solid post, Sam's pushing to create content in the early game without guiding opinions or attacking someone.

This is why jokephase bugs me a bit sometimes, especially in big games. People who show up late have to make a bunch of empty posts like this or else they're gonna look like lurkers, especially when looking only at post counts.

What I'm saying is liking one post is pretty worthless.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

The most powerful vanilla

Why would I claim a power role right off the bat? Surely the scum would then kill me during the night.

I would never do such a thing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Unless you're scum

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Unless you're scum

I'm not scum, I'm a powerful town role.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

Well it's about time you checked in given how badly you wanted the game to start yesterday.

I was asleep then working, I'm live in England so the times I'm around are all askew

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

CCKeane posted:

Why would I claim a power role right off the bat? Surely the scum would then kill me during the night.

I would never do such a thing.
More relevant: why would you whitenoise shitpost meaningless self-referential WIFOM that does nothing to contribute to hunting Scum, and resist putting any votes on the record?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Greetings, Keane, my unknown friend, you are. I feel indescribable things about you, I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, tell that to other people. They really hated my setup spec.

Even though it turned out I was pretty drat close with most of my guessing.

$$

Venture to make a few guesses now?

• Locked thread