Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Malt posted:

I liked it when Seth would save J&J and drag them to the back instead of leaving them to die. I liked that week where he stood up to Brock and Cena before their triple threat looking and sounding like a real threat. I even liked the Seth that ran because he was so scared of Ambrose since there was no accounting for what a lunatic would do.

Then he won the belt and they took all these qualities away and just made him a chicken poo poo loser. It wasn't even a natural progression of his character, they just flipped the switch and there it was. WWE booking.

I love it when people come to the realization that, no, the WWE does not in fact necessarily have it out for your favorite. They're just THAT dumb. And think these ideas get guys over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Erebus posted:

Raw report: Brock in possession of Undertaker's purse, Undertaker doesn't know him

Lesnar gonna show up with a cup on Sunday. Not even kidding, I fully expect to hear about it on Monday morning when I click the summerslam thread

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Onmi posted:

I love it when people come to the realization that, no, the WWE does not in fact necessarily have it out for your favorite. They're just THAT dumb. And think these ideas get guys over.

John Cena has it out for my favorites. He extends his baleful hand over them and their careers are ruined. This is because he is envious of their talent.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Brock will kick the Deadmans dick and he will cry from the pain and that's the entire match

Old man crying because his dick was squashed.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The heel champ will always be a loser because he can never be the top heel, he will always be subservient to Triple H and Stephanie. The only way out of that dynamic is to simply not show up, like Brock Lesnar did. Once again, Lesnar is the best at everything.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I am dreading summer slam being 4 hours.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

The_Rob posted:

But what will make Ron Simmons say drat!!! this time?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Can't forget the preshow experience! It'll be closer to 5.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

The_Rob posted:

Does that include the preshow?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am apparently literally the only one excited for this show. :shobon:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Granted it's Reddit but there seem to be quite a few people looking to tune in just for Stewart and Amell.
https://www.reddit.com/r/television/comments/3hd3nl/jon_stewart_will_start_off_postdaily_show_career/

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm excited for parts of it. Owens vs Cesaro and the superheroes match will both be super rad, both (women's and men's) big tag matches will probably be fun, Wyatts vs Shield is always pretty good (assuming Roman knows where he is). Also Jon Stewart is cool. However, the IC match is happening and then John Cena will unhinge his jaw and swallow all the heat because he's a coward who won't let good people take his spot.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I am looking forward to the show.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm excited as hell. Yeah, four hours is a lot, but there honestly isn't a single match on the show I'm not interested in on some level, which is a real change of pace. I even care about the tag crap thanks to The New Day.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Golashes posted:

(disclaimer i made a bad cancel post right before wm) wwe network is the only reason i can still watch this poo poo, its 10 bucks a month you babies just subscribe and stay subscribed. you get every ppv for ten loving dollars

actually if you're smart you'll unsubscribe and resubscribe and get every ppv by only paying for 8 months

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I have 3 subscriptions so that I can watch Swerved on every device I own.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If it delivers as Summer Wrestlemania, then I have no problem with the four hour show. My only problem with the card is that everything in the midcard feels slapped together, but the matches will all be pretty good so in the end I probably won't care

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This show will be well worth my :10bux: and I am pumped for it!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm excited for the matches, it's the finishes I'm worried about

Now that I think about it that probably best sums up my thoughts on WWE in general. I'm excited for everything until it all inevitably ends lovely

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Is this their best shot at going back into the mainstream for a while? They've got Undertaker, Broken Face Arrow Man, Jon Stewart, Sportscenter...

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is this their best shot at going back into the mainstream for a while? They've got Undertaker, Broken Face Arrow Man, Jon Stewart, Sportscenter...

Nah I'm sure Night of Champions will be a massive mainstream success

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm looking forward to Summerslam quite a bit. I'm just looking forward to Takeover Brooklyn more. (I might be able to get tickets. Please let scalpers drop them low enough for me to actually snag one please)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Why are we not talking about Wade Barrtett more?!?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I'll be disappointed if Cesaro/Owens isn't a MOTYC

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Muddy Burphy posted:

I'll be disappointed if Cesaro/Owens isn't a MOTYC

I don't want to hype myself up too much because otherwise I'll get dissapointed if it's "only" a ****1/4 HM, but yeah.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CobiWann posted:

Why are we not talking about Wade Barrtett more?!?

Am I going nuts or has he worn that Cosmic King armor thing before?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Writer Cath posted:

Wade Barrett is very good at having friends.

Here is a totally unrelated video of Wade Barrett being friends with someone not relevant to the angle at hand.

https://youtu.be/VnND4AOEoag?t=209

My favorite part of this is how the "Ask Jeeves" part hits Barrett off guard and he just slightly breaks in response.

Barrett and Cody made that series must-watch. It was never the same after Cody got written off and Barrett got injured.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The show doesn't look terrible on paper but I am leery as poo poo of that because every time they've done that in the past four years, it's been a poo poo show. While when the card looks like garbage, sometimes it's okay. Sometimes it's even great like that one MITB. So I guess I'm like, tentatively enthused?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I'm kind of bummed that Summerslam isn't being held outdoors.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
So is it starting earlier or finishing later??? This is important as Summerslam is one of the 2 PPV's that get played in a pub near me and that extra hour would be the difference between getting a taxi or the first train home.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Finn Balor makes his WWE debut as Miz's new tag team partner.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz2k21 posted:

So is it starting earlier or finishing later??? This is important as Summerslam is one of the 2 PPV's that get played in a pub near me and that extra hour would be the difference between getting a taxi or the first train home.

Starting earlier. It still ends by 11 Eastern

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

Am I going nuts or has he worn that Cosmic King armor thing before?

For his Mania entrance I believe.

I am also actually pretty excited for Summerslam, it has a better looking card than Mania did. Matches will be good and I think Brock is winning.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Rusev good
Ziggler bad

Rusev should mend fences with swagger and sic him on Ziggler to put an end to him for good.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voOQ-Fph7Fc

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
glory glory brock lesnar

https://twitter.com/espn/status/633657440995815424/photo/1

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Reddit posted:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I should like to see a movie where some corporation has Brock Lesnar as a security guards for a one-off publicity stunt but then terrorists attack the corporation and Brock Lesnar has to fight them. Basically Die Hard, but with Brock Lesnar.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Not sure would be funnier, a doink noise when he's hit or Lesnar's pterodactyl scream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:allears:

• Locked thread