Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

You're posting irrelevant and off topic things and generally playing more low key. This matches what I have seen you do as town several times. You typically play in a more alert and seemingly more cautious game with less goofing off as scum.

Didn't I post as Beast an entire day 1 as scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Rarity posted:

I'm trying to parse the second part of this sentence and it is making zero sense to me. You lynch claims you don't trust but if the pearl kills people (why would we assume that?) we would have to use a day lynching him if he's scum (as we would any scum). And what does there being more than one scum matter, if Sam's the scummiest he should still be lynched.

PS. Please call it scum instead of evil, it sounds so wrong

Oh boy did you come to the wrong town

Sorry. I call things how I perceive them.

I guess we just disagree then on a mechanical level. Because I want to see what the pearl does. In non-vanilla games, my first priority on D1 is figuring out the mechanics of how the game works to make sure that the rest of the game makes sense within the construct.

There are more than one scum, which means that it's not like we make or break things on D1. If he's scum, he'll still be scum tomorrow and can be lynched.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Rarity posted:

The point is she doesn't know his meta so that's why she makes the post. Taken out of context I don't see it as a post worth making a fuss about.

I still don't understand this point. If I was scum, wouldn't my first question to my fellow scum be to see who is perceived as an easy mislynch? And an empty post is an empty post is an empty post. Most other empty posts so far in the game seemed to have a point. That one didn't and felt super awkward in the flow of the game so far, which is why I called it out.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

You guys shouldn't not lynch me because I'm new to this site.

You should not lynch me because I'm good.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

Scum found. It's a proven fact that nobody is good at Mafia.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Eh. Feeling good about TMM and Merk so far.

I will wait to see things about other people from Rarity. I have this problem where I'm unable to rationally evaluate people accusing me of being evil.

Slight evil lean on Keane and whoever that easy mislynch is, evil leans on Lumpen and the other K guy with the Garbage Dick avatar. Consider my meta on Lumpen real.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

I mean, that's not really true.

But I meant good-aligned. Town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

You're right. I'm great.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

TMMadman posted:

Similar to how nobody in your avatar is good at football :banjo:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

ljtrigirl posted:

Are any of us truly "good," coveting a pearl off a dear friend immediately after he passed?!

I bet you barely follow quota-regulations!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

The point is she doesn't know his meta so that's why she makes the post. Taken out of context I don't see it as a post worth making a fuss about.

Okay. Well calling out an awkward poster for a bad post is still pretty normal IMO.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ljtrigirl posted:

You make me want to hang you all the more

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Similar to how nobody in your avatar is good at football :banjo:

Robbie Gould is objectively good at kicking the football. :mad:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote; ##vote Bottleknight

The old merk staple: You are posting words that make it look like you're trying to find scum without actually making an attempt to find scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

Scumpen.

if there's meta here I'd like to hear it.

TMMadman posted:

Robbie Gould is objectively good at kicking the football. :mad:

I see you said is and not was?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734881&userid=140542

Read this in isolation. See how it sits on the sidelines. Make the vote. Follow me into a day 1 scum lynch.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

merk posted:

##unvote; ##vote Bottleknight

The old merk staple: You are posting words that make it look like you're trying to find scum without actually making an attempt to find scum.

If you're calling out the post I made above then there really wasn't scumhunting in that post. I was just pointing out that I disagreed with part of Rarity's case.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh, sorry merk, I seem to like my vote on you more.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

You make me want to hang you all the more

I have that effect on some people.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

ljtrigirl posted:

I mean, that's not really true.

But I meant good-aligned. Town.
We say Town, Scum, Not Town, and Third Party to talk about alignment. They are conceived more like distinctions of social class than morality.
We "good" in refernce to skill and "evil" (if ever) only as a measure of interpersonal cruelty. These are independent from alignment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

I will not get lynched today.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

I will wait to see things about other people from Rarity. I have this problem where I'm unable to rationally evaluate people accusing me of being evil.

The combo of Lumpen bandwagoning and the weird reads based on a mod post reads scummy to me. I also didn't like Samfu's anti-content posts cause it's white noise but I haven't seen enough to have a full on case yet.

ljtrigirl posted:

Most other empty posts so far in the game seemed to have a point.

Ooh, this looks fun. Show me some empty posts made so far and explain the the points you think they're making.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I see you said is and not was?

But Gould is still on the Bears. :confused:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BottleKnight posted:

No meta, just a read.

Don't like gamer's sideline RPing shtick either now that we've started properly mafiaing.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

I will not get lynched today.

You're supposed to deal in facts, not hopes. Your callout on BK is awful.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Because of the BottleKnight post? Why?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Your callout on BK is awful.

Awful how?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Are you telling me that in one minute you read Bottleknight in isolation and came to the conclusion that my callout on him was awful?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
...or I don't know.. maybe you knew his alignment before you called my callout awful?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734881&userid=140542

Read this in isolation. See how it sits on the sidelines. Make the vote. Follow me into a day 1 scum lynch.

Reading in isolation is bad, your link doesn't work properly (it's just the ? for him), you're using mafia jargon to pretend to make content.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote; ##vote GIUSSEPPE PIZZAPIE

You can't call votes people make awful without doing any work yourself.

Someone coming in and saying they don't understand the vote, maybe asking for more information? That is completely fine.

Someone coming in and saying that the vote is awful without actually taking any time to try to understand that player's position? That is scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Wait..you're using his entire post history against him? That's even worse!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

##unvote; ##vote GIUSSEPPE PIZZAPIE

You can't call votes people make awful without doing any work yourself.

Someone coming in and saying they don't understand the vote, maybe asking for more information? That is completely fine.

Someone coming in and saying that the vote is awful without actually taking any time to try to understand that player's position? That is scum.

Ty for OMGUS

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Diqnol is scum in this game. I will put every effort I have to convince the thread at every turn to get him lynched. Good luck, Diqnol.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

merk posted:

...or I don't know.. maybe you knew his alignment before you called my callout awful?

Since I know my own alignment this thought ran through my head, but there's too much WIFOM for me to make that alignment call.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Diqnol is scum in this game. I will put every effort I have to convince the thread at every turn to get him lynched. Good luck, Diqnol.

The good news is I'm town and you've proven to me that you're bad at this game regardless of your alignment

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm also not really interested in doing that as it's the absolute least fun part of mafia so I'm going to go ahead and let you all know that I'll be not defending myself but rather continuing to do my own thing, hope this helps you understand me going forward, cheers

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The good news is I'm town and you've proven to me that you're bad at this game regardless of your alignment

If you're town, you're calling me 'bad at this game' based off of one bad wrong d1 read? That seems like a faked jab to discredit my position.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yeah, I'm locked in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

The combo of Lumpen bandwagoning and the weird reads based on a mod post reads scummy to me. I also didn't like Samfu's anti-content posts cause it's white noise but I haven't seen enough to have a full on case yet.

Ooh, this looks fun. Show me some empty posts made so far and explain the the points you think they're making.

Try being a little less condescending. Thanks.

I'm not going to pull a bunch of empty posts and quote them. If you go look around the time of that post, the rest of them felt like engaging in banter about the game, chithchatting with people, etc. His felt awkward and forced. Scum feel like they have to participate in that kind of thing in early game, and it comes off like a "look, I'm here too. See?" kind of post more than anything else.

Dissecting this to death is boring. Like, if you don't get what I'm saying, you won't. Dragging it out for posts and posts isn't really useful.

• Locked thread