Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

In other news, if Cena wins the title it will bring back that really awkward Cena/Authority dynamic, where HHH has to be like "Grrr I hate you John Cena, I want what's best for business! And that means being mean to our only star, our perfect ideal of what a wrestler should be, for some reason!"

Are Triple H and Stephanie even heels anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

triplexpac posted:

See I dunno about that. With there being one world title, I don't know if we'll see that many "eh gently caress it" title reigns anymore.

Not that many, but I think Dean'd be one to get one of the few. He's definitely getting himself into that Foley spot of "the guy who works with The Guy" which is a good place. I think they'd turn him heel before they did it, though.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

OctoberCountry posted:

you can easily chart it to the amount of exposure wwe is getting in a given week

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong and Dean gets an awesome reign on top because I like him.

In other news, if Cena wins the title it will bring back that really awkward Cena/Authority dynamic, where HHH has to be like "Grrr I hate you John Cena, I want what's best for business! And that means being mean to our only star, our perfect ideal of what a wrestler should be, for some reason!"

Now he can say he's doing it for Flair

And then Cena plays the numerous audio interviews of Flair saying he's only fine with his record being broken if it's by Cena, and people end up loving Cena more

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I reckon Dean will get the belt some day, but it'll be a transitional role.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I really hope that when Dean wins the belt, he wins it off Rollins or Wyatt. It would be better that way.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

OctoberCountry posted:

They are whatever alignment is required to make themselves cooler and more powerful than whoever they're talking to

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

zakharov posted:

Foochs, I like you man. We have similar attitudes toward this whole thing. It's entertainment and nobody's forcing anyone to watch, let alone complain on the Internet. I like what I see most of the time, and if it's bad I'm over it about 10 minutes later.

This is the best attitude to have. The last time I got way too upset about wrestling was after the Royal Rumble. But then my wife, who isn't into wrestling, just asked me why I cared so much? Just do something else you enjoy. And she was right. Watch the product when it's cool. Skip it when you don't like it. Screaming in the wilderness about problems you may have accomplish nothing except a brain tumor.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Isn't Flair's record well over 16 if you include all the promotions he was in? Either way Cena being close to that within the confines of WWE still blows my mind considering most of the greats did't even get to double digits during their time on the top such as Rock and Austin meanwhile a guy like Edge is an 11 time champ and Orton getting closer to 10 in the present day. gently caress it, just round it off at 20 when he's finally done if that's the case.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Isn't Flair's record well over 16 if you include all the promotions he was in? Either way Cena being close to that within the confines of WWE still blows my mind considering most of the greats did't even get to double digits during their time on the top such as Rock and Austin meanwhile a guy like Edge is an 11 time champ and Orton getting closer to 10 in the present day. gently caress it, just round it off at 20 when he's finally done if that's the case.

I remember how a match between Bret Hart and the Undertaker was built up partly around Bret Hart having a shot at winning the title for the fifth time, which was such into such a big deal back then. I still sometimes think back on that when I hear how many titles guys like Orton or Cena have won.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Spikeguy posted:

This is the best attitude to have. The last time I got way too upset about wrestling was after the Royal Rumble. But then my wife, who isn't into wrestling, just asked me why I cared so much? Just do something else you enjoy. And she was right. Watch the product when it's cool. Skip it when you don't like it. Screaming in the wilderness about problems you may have accomplish nothing except a brain tumor.

You might as well ask why people care about movies, or sports, or any form of entertainment. Yeah it's all silly but we like it and we want it to be the best it can be.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
What if I tend not to like the current booking direction but I really enjoy making fun of how terrible it is?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Yeah it doesn't count basically anything pre-1981. His actual number is closer to 21-time world champion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

What if I tend not to like the current booking direction but I really enjoy making fun of how terrible it is?

Same, although I also like making fun of bad movies and shows

Basically if something isn't going to be good, it can at least be good for me to make fun of

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

OctoberCountry posted:

The last time Hunter was really close to being a full time heel was Payback last year. Bryan winning the title and the Shield beating Evolution kind of turned the heat down a lot. Never really got a good denouement to it though, with Bryan being made of glass, and Seth basically taking all the heat.

Ever since then they've been more or less been a B+ Dario Cueto.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
For a long time they were still pretty clearly positioned as heels because the Authority has been protecting Rollins forever. Kane is supposedly their underling and he's been on Rollins-patrol like full time, so even if HHH wasn't out there yanking refs out of the ring, him and Steph were not good guys. It's only been the past couple months where they've suddenly been like "now you need to stand on your own Seth" and Stephanie because the GLORIOUS LEADER OF THE DIVAS REVOLUTION #ThankYouSteph and HHH mostly just stands around and looks gloomy and no one is sure what they are supposed to be.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

89 posted:

In a bit of retroness, I still can't believe this team happened one time in a match on WWE TV.

Goldberg, Shawn Michaels, and Rob Van Dam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTrnnlmbebY

They were the 3 top faces on Raw. They do this poo poo every week. Think about how many times you've seen some combo of Cena/Orton/Sheamus/Show/Kane in a tag team.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
god drat the network app (on seemingly any device I try) is almost unwatchable for these RAW replays, buffering and stuttering constantly where none of the other video streaming stuff has any issues

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Valeyard posted:

god drat the network app (on seemingly any device I try) is almost unwatchable for these RAW replays, buffering and stuttering constantly where none of the other video streaming stuff has any issues

I like that you can't lock it to any one resolution, so if you're on a bad connection it'll constantly switch between resolutions every 30 seconds

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

triplexpac posted:

You might as well ask why people care about movies, or sports, or any form of entertainment. Yeah it's all silly but we like it and we want it to be the best it can be.

I get that, and hey it's always fun nitpicking things. But it seems like sometimes we get a little too wrapped up in it. How much energy or time is used up in here or forums like this to complain about the product? We all could do ourselves favors sometimes when we get mad and just take a step back and do something else for a while and check on it again later as opposed to getting into online arguments. But I'm not here to tell anyone how to live their lives, just something that's helped me be a little happier.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nobody has to be mad to criticize your dumb WWE. I post on breaks at work it's not that hard to do. At least Foochs admits he looks dumb sometimes doing this.

You're not some kind of true fan just because you won't admit when it's bad.

RBX fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 19, 2015

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

watch wrestling my way or hit the road jack

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

not being allowed to make fun of wwe being dumb as hell and making the same mistakes for the past decade and half is not a world i want to live in

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I love how the leave WWE alone crowd always brings up people saying to watch NJPW instead as if that's bad advice.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
They're different products

If I wanted bare-bones storylines with really good in-ring work I'd watch NJPW

If I wanted bad storylines with mediocre ring works that are convenient to watch and always on I'd watch WWE

If I want the best of both worlds in terms of in-ring and storylines I'd watch Lucha Underground but I CANT BECAUSE THERES NO loving SEASON 2

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

sucks to not be a wrestling fan anymore because I think its dumb sometimes

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
PWG rules losers.

WWE sucks big butts.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The_Rob posted:

PWG rules losers.

WWE sucks big butts.

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 19, 2015

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
You can all apologise to me now

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rovert posted:

Why would anyone ever apologize to you?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hace posted:

I like that you can't lock it to any one resolution, so if you're on a bad connection it'll constantly switch between resolutions every 30 seconds

Yeah thats another issue

It seems to work better early in the day (here in the UK) anyway

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rovert posted:

how bout no

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

rovert posted:

Go somewhere else, please.

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

rovert posted:

letsgorovert ROVERT SUCKS

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Rovert is bad.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
What this about, anyway? I missed something.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

rovert posted:

Wow she produces matches and works with main roster women now in addition to training all of the women in NXT. Where does SDR find the time?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Please Rovert don't murder the nice lady Rovert

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rovert posted:

lol holy poo poo you're a loving weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac