Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

I went to Catoctin Mountain on Saturday. The President wasn't there.

Not motorcycle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frrtbkr
Apr 25, 2004
Sold my XR250 and picked up a '15 Grom!

Need real gear still. I'm going deaf with an old HJC off road helmet at anything much more than 45/50mph.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Cool bike! You should be wearing earplugs, though.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Awesome. Grom's are so drat cute.

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008
So it's been a couple weeks since I've bought this. It's my first bike and I'm absolutely in love with riding. Also, don't judge me because it's dirty.

I'm thinking about the checker pattern. It's just vinyl stickering, so I might scrape it off and replace it with houndstooth. I don't know. The saddle bags are plastidipped, so that's why there are so many chips in the paint.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Houndstooth, definitely.

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008

Radbot posted:

Houndstooth, definitely.

Where'd you find a picture of me? (the gut outside the window)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

frrtbkr posted:

Sold my XR250 and picked up a '15 Grom!

Need real gear still. I'm going deaf with an old HJC off road helmet at anything much more than 45/50mph.

You may be the first CA grom owner!

How is it?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Diggie posted:

Where'd you find a picture of me? (the gut outside the window)

#stereotypicalharley

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008

HotCanadianChick posted:

#stereotypicalharley

Hah! Fooled ya! It's a Suzuki :-).

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You may be the first CA grom owner!

How is it?

Nah there's at least 1 other one, he's way too tall for it too, it's prefect goon-dom.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Sturgis. So many drat trailers. Those RV motherfuckers think they can stake out a quarter acre site. Tent campers are always pretty cool about the space though.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

250 miles into break-in. countershaft seal is dribbling for some stupid reason.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

cursedshitbox posted:

250 miles into break-in. countershaft seal is dribbling for some stupid reason.

I'm assuming break-in on a rebuild?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Yep! :D

Amazon sent a random waterpump kit instead of my countershaft seal kit. Dammmit amazon this is the third time you did this.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Gave someone a bath today. Then decided they were too clean, so we hit some puddles.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I'm sorry you may have confused us with Reddit

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
wtf is this predditor poo poo, bieks arent people

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Professor Wayne posted:

Gave someone a bath today. Then decided they were too clean, so we hit some puddles.

Who did you wash? That's a picture of a motorcycle not a person. One of those two people walking in the background? You might want to imrove on your photography skills because you can't make them out very well.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

nsaP posted:

I'm sorry you may have confused us with Reddit

I wonder if she has a name. They always have a name on reddit.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

did u get her wet

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Yes to all questions.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion

New to me! 18k miles, not a scratch on it, and upgraded front and rear suspension to boot. I'm pretty ecstatic. :D

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Professor Wayne posted:

What is happening with those handlebars? Did Ducati go full-1978 on the Scrambler?

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008

benwards posted:

New to me! 18k miles, not a scratch on it, and upgraded front and rear suspension to boot. I'm pretty ecstatic. :D

Did it come with the matching grill?

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Dutymode posted:

Hehe

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I took the FJ-09 on a long ride to Eastern Washington and back weekend before last. Did about 800 miles over the weekend, basically split between two 400 mile days. Other than not having cruise control is was fairly comfortable. The windscreen does a decent job up until around 70 mph. Seat is a little firm, but the bike is new, so I'll see how it will break in. I had a Kriega US-30 with a Kriega US-20 stacked on top. Getting on and off required some fairly gymnastic maneuvering, but I had plenty of space for about four days worth of clothes and miscellaneous stuff, plus a couple of extra pairs of shoes. Didn't get any rain, so I didn't get to test the waterproofing, but I have no reason to think it won't hold up.

Palouse Falls is pretty neat. Also in the middle of absolutely nowhere.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Bike and the area look awesome. For what's it's worth, I've gotten some heavy rain on my Kreiga, and everything inside stayed dry.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
There is the karate kick method which works for getting on but less so for getting off. But assuming you aren't a completely huge goon fattie you can get on by putting a foot on the peg with the bike still on it's stand and raising the other leg up at the knee and just hopping over. Helps if you have the front brake held.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

nsaP posted:

There is the karate kick method which works for getting on but less so for getting off. But assuming you aren't a completely huge goon fattie you can get on by putting a foot on the peg with the bike still on it's stand and raising the other leg up at the knee and just hopping over. Helps if you have the front brake held.

Watched one of my friends snap a left side peg doing this on another friend's SV1000. He's a big guy though, 310+

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion

Dutymode posted:

Ha! Yep. Was a bitch and a half hauling that thing home on my back with no rack, but I managed. :clint:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

NippleFloss posted:

I took the FJ-09 on a long ride to Eastern Washington

Did you get out to Old Spiral Highway?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

nsaP posted:

But assuming you aren't a completely huge goon fattie you can get on by putting a foot on the peg with the bike still on it's stand and raising the other leg up at the knee and just hopping over. Helps if you have the front brake held.

Yea, I did the standing on peg mount and dismount and it worked fine, though if the bags were any taller I'd have had a hell of a time getting a leg over them even standing on the peg, since I'm only 5'8".

clutchpuck posted:

Did you get out to Old Spiral Highway?

I didn't, but now that I know this exists I will definitely check it out next time I'm out that way.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Did you consider the factory hard bags? I don't know if they're expensive or not, but the mounts look really nice and sleek. That bike is high on my want list, Yamaha nailed it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ola posted:

Did you consider the factory hard bags? I don't know if they're expensive or not, but the mounts look really nice and sleek. That bike is high on my want list, Yamaha nailed it.

I did, but they won't fit a full face helmet and if I'm paying that much for bags I'd like to be able to stick a helmet in there. I'll probably end up with the FJR1300 hard bags which use the same mounting brackets but have a deeper lid so you can fit a helmet in there.

It's really a lot of bike for the money. I was looking at the Tiger Xrx as well, mostly for the additional cruise control and better suspension, but I paid 9300 OTD for the FJ and the Tiger would have been like 4k more.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 18, 2015

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

After being biekless for nearly a month I picked this up for $1900:

3500mi, Yoshi R77 slip on, frame sliders. It's pretty loud....

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Gorson posted:

I picked this up for $1900

HOW?! That's a gorgeous bike, with a stunning exhaust. Enjoy every bit of it.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Gorson posted:

After being biekless for nearly a month I picked this up for $1900:

3500mi, Yoshi R77 slip on, frame sliders. It's pretty loud....

great buy for 1900

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Coydog posted:

HOW?! That's a gorgeous bike, with a stunning exhaust. Enjoy every bit of it.

Minkee posted:

great buy for 1900

Thanks dudes. I am "lucky" enough to live in the rear end-end of motorcycledom: northern Wisconsin. Everything (non-Harley) is cheap here. It also helps that I sperg out on Craigslist since my life is dull and devoid of all meaning. I had been watching this listing for a while, I believe he started out at $2600 over a month ago and kept lowering it. I bit when he had it listed for $2000, I offered $1800 and we settled at $1900.

I kept the ad:

It's unlikely I could get $2500-$2700 for it in the spring, more like $2300. But at the price I bought it at I don't really have to worry too much, and I have a few months to decide if I want to keep it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
That's excellent. Good for you for snatching that up. You got a screaming deal. For reference, I feel like I got an excellent deal on my 07 ex250, and I paid only 140 less than you. You got a better, newer, nicer bike, with some excellent mods. If my 250 is anything to go by, you might just be happy with that one for a while. Plus you don't have to fuss with carbs.