Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
seems pretty gay if u ask me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I know that one got cucked by like 8 dudes one time. Then he got all mad about it and left the event and his wife kept on blowin dudes after he left.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
i like to play bideogames as fast as possible too

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

autism, mainly

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I know that one got cucked by like 8 dudes one time. Then he got all mad about it and left the event and his wife kept on blowin dudes after he left.
yah

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
I like watching Weegee jump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UfDvWgJSnI

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

That was me she was supposed to take the cum in her puss so I could drink it out

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

deadwing posted:

autism, mainly

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Speedruns are good

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

that's not what your wife told me

salut pussy sensei
Aug 20, 2014
nothing is more noble than the pursuit of shaving off fractions of a second from your playthrough of a child's videogame. speedrunners are the nba superstars of gaming. a magnificent breed of gamer; beautiful, sublime, and free.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
my old room mate would watch pokemon speedruns and cheer the guy on for hours at a time. well that's my story

naem
May 29, 2011

I was a game tester at activision briefly and we tested a side scroller fighting game for the psp, and realized you didn't even need to do any fighting you could just run left and beat every level by ignoring enemies, and they shipped it that way and fired us all the end

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Speedruns are cool when they do AGDQ and SGDQ and raise over a million dollars for charity.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
If you don't get a mini gun or rocket launcher with unlimited ammo, there is no point.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
I think finding new ways to enjoy old media is fun

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

PotatoManJack posted:

Speedruns are cool when they do AGDQ and SGDQ and raise over a million dollars for charity.

those are actually nice because you have an audience there. a video of some guy alone in his room going clickety-clack with his controller is just sad.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
but, yeah, honeypot thread

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

i accidentally clicked on some guys 0 viewer stream on twitch and he got really excited that he had a viewer so i felt bad and talked to him for a while

he was practicing speedrunning some final fantasy game, he just really liked that game

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Horniest Manticore posted:

those are actually nice because you have an audience there. a video of some guy alone in his room going clickety-clack with his controller is just sad.

I tend to agree. After watching SGDQ I searched for speed runs of a couple of old games I liked as a kid. I found some videos on youtube and tried to watch, and it was really boring and kinda sad with just a video playing and a silent dude clicking away.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I take damage to save time IRL.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I like the TAS that involved rooting Super Mario World with just controller inputs and reprogramming the game from within the game. That was some Neo-from-the-Matrix poo poo

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Al Cowens posted:

I like the TAS that involved rooting Super Mario World with just controller inputs and reprogramming the game from within the game. That was some Neo-from-the-Matrix poo poo

check this poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAwJX-9zNBA

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
i know a speedrunner he goes skydiving a lot and one time ja rule gave him a jacket seems p cool to me

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

eSports Chaebol posted:

i know a speedrunner he goes skydiving a lot and one time ja rule gave him a jacket seems p cool to me

Does Ja Rule go around with jackets and give them to people?

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

wtf this game looks like shiiiit

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

PotatoManJack posted:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxgEXDnXD6M&t=1m33s
This is some loving sorcery

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i like to see people break the things i grew up with.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I practice speed runs with my joystick every day.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

deadwing posted:

autism, mainly

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i like to see people break the things i grew up with.

your parents' divorce must've been a hoot

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

PotatoManJack posted:

It's cool when the donations go to Doctors Without Borders because many of them died while fighting in the ebola wars while AGDQ's Prevent Cancer Foundation got a million dollars and so far have only gave $125,00 to one dude to research female hormones in teenage boys.

I'm not saying the PCF is a corrupt useless company that I've never heard of before but it seems their primary goal is to print out pamphlets while exploiting a person's illness that will never be cured lol.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Speedruns are ok if it's like a game where you actually play it, but quickly. Like that guy who did Mario 64 (and actually got 70 stars). It's kind of cool to see him zoom through all the stars really fast and there isn't a bunch of down time with stupid poo poo. It's just stars stars stars bam let's knock em out.

Then you have fucktard idiots doing "speedruns" of JRPGS so like 90% of the play time is just skipping past dialogue real fast and the other 10% is abusing some glitch to to level/gear up instantly. Oh yeah sounds real loving interesting guy, maybe after that we can watch some rear end in a top hat really put "run" in the "speed run" as he spends 98% of Dark Souls ignoring every monster in the zone and finding the optimal spots to not-quite-fall-to-death. loving edge of your seat entertainment here.

Good Speedrun Action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_8Ubx5C374 Look at those slick moves.

Garbage poo poo for Idiots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hXfk4lASPo Watch a dude watch fixed rate cut scenes and then operate a menu real fast.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Aug 20, 2015

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

PotatoManJack posted:

Republicans also spend a lot of money on charity but they still vote Trump.

It's a cheap "get out of jail free" card.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
You chose to live one life, I choose to live many. As fast as loving possible *throws up deuces* peace shitlords. *kickin rad burn out*

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

What's up with olympic athletes? Why do you want to be the fastest at something?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Speedruns are ok if it's like a game where you actually play it, but quickly. Like that guy who did Mario 64 (and actually got 70 stars). It's kind of cool to see him zoom through all the stars really fast and there isn't a bunch of down time with stupid poo poo. It's just stars stars stars bam let's knock em out.

sm64 speedrunning is my weak point for this poo poo and the current world record for 120 stars is impressive as all gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SVLIRthpNc

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

virgins=speedrunners?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they want to accomplish something in their lives, and internet people provide enough positive feedback that they can delude themselves about speedrunning counts

• Locked thread