Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

So are the Youtubes actually corrupted or is someone just :qq: because someone ran a fast audio balancing pass over their movie before UA could reconstruct it from source? I've watched a few already and didn't notice anything different from what was streamed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

CrashCat posted:

So are the Youtubes actually corrupted or is someone just :qq: because someone ran a fast audio balancing pass over their movie before UA could reconstruct it from source? I've watched a few already and didn't notice anything different from what was streamed.

All of the ones I've watched so far have like no commentator/runner audio and the audio in general is super low.

I mentioned this one before so I'll post it as an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feaouT2Tf8M

Compared to what is up on Twitch which is fine as far as audio levels go.

Like I mentioned earlier, they expect to have them patched up in about a month so until then you're better off just watching them on Twitch.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Oh geez that's bad. Sounds like an out of phase error from stereo conversion or something, I hadn't run into any of those. You can sort of tell that problem with stereo conversion because everything goes quiet except for a few kinds of noise that should not be any louder are way louder than everything else. I think he could fix that relatively quickly. If you find any more like that one list them off in https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/sgdq_2015_youtube_upload_problems_report_here.html so he will get those first.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
The worst one I've personally watched was Maui Mallard. Throughout the whole run, there's Chrono Trigger music which I guess was supposed to just be during the downtime but instead is as loud as or louder than the game audio and commentary the entire time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQJ0_ltcMv0

Just saw from that link though that it's a known issue, at least.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Eonwe posted:

i feel really strongly about this and will make posts calling people sperglords and being weirdly defensive about this

man so much fury can't be contained in one post gotta make it three.

hey man when you reply do it in even numbered posts only, odds are a trigger.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

All the messed up audio youtube vids are from the first couple days. UA has already fixed and uploaded a new vid for Yoshi's Island and will be working on other errors reported in the thread on the SDA forums about the issue in the coming days.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

calling people sperglords in a thread dedicated to watching people spend countless hours playing small parts of a single game in a games subforum in a "comedy" forum on the internet is good and owns
lol so mad

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Anyone know when prizes will be announced?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
so uh

I won the Dendy prize pack

... yeah

what the gently caress am I going to do with this thing.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

so uh

... yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kne6AKyYUuM

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i know what a Dendy IS

i just

what would I do with this?

where would I put it?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yell at the million in one carts for a while then find someone more into :retrogames: than you?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

In a display case.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i live in new york city in a very small room. what shelf space I do have is dedicated to transformers toys because i am a goony manbaby

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

give it to me

alternatively, play it.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Do you always complain when good things happen?

Keep it, eBay it or throw it away.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LethalGeek posted:

lol so mad

Crotch Bat posted:

man so much fury can't be contained in one post gotta make it three.

hey man when you reply do it in even numbered posts only, odds are a trigger.

Lol

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to figure out what to do with the dang thing.

I think I'd sell it - it'd be a pain in the rear end to hook it up, and a shame to throw it away. I've asked the :retrogames: thread about it.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

You can also pass it to someone else who will get randomly drawn, but god drat that prize is great.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

DoctorWhat posted:

i live in new york city in a very small room. what shelf space I do have is dedicated to transformers toys because i am a goony manbaby
Now I am just imagining a bunch of vintage Transformers in fighting poses amid a battlefield of Dendy cartridges. :black101:

Though I am baffled how you can be holed up in NYC and not know someone who would want it. Also curious just how much of a pain in the rear end it actually is to hook up. Just a power converter and an older TV maybe?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

so uh

... yeah

Speedrun them, fool!

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

i know what a Dendy IS

i just

what would I do with this?

where would I put it?

I would play the gently caress out of Mario 14

And Ninja Cat

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Gift it to Putin to thaw his cold heart.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DoctorWhat posted:

I live in the Hudson Valley and I'm in the city a lot, I'll take it off your hands

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

CrashCat posted:

Now I am just imagining a bunch of vintage Transformers in fighting poses amid a battlefield of Dendy cartridges. :black101:

Though I am baffled how you can be holed up in NYC and not know someone who would want it. Also curious just how much of a pain in the rear end it actually is to hook up. Just a power converter and an older TV maybe?

vintage transformers are lame. they're bricks.

i collect the ones that can actually do cool poses

Devastator is 18 inches tall.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
cross posting for those of you that aren't fresh enough:

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/126997950552/inklings-roll-out-the-next-splatfest-is-just

I had no idea this was happening - trying to find out more information though from the team

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

vintage transformers are lame. they're bricks.

i collect the ones that can actually do cool poses

Devastator is 18 inches tall.

Sell your toys you dumb nerd

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So I completely missed out on SGDQ this year, had more important life stuff that needed doing. Is there a list of the must-watch stuff?

Looper posted:

Sell your toys you dumb nerd
Excuse me, they're collectible action models.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Crash Bandicoot

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to figure out what to do with the dang thing.

I think I'd sell it - it'd be a pain in the rear end to hook it up, and a shame to throw it away. I've asked the :retrogames: thread about it.
Send it to Giant Bomb. They'll look at it quizzically on video and maybe fire it up a couple of times before dumping it in a closet.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hace posted:

Crash Bandicoot

I saw the important scene already from that

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Captain Invictus posted:

So I completely missed out on SGDQ this year, had more important life stuff that needed doing. Is there a list of the must-watch stuff?

Excuse me, they're collectible action models.

if you liked the tetris exhibition 6 months ago but haven't dug too deep into other TGM players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaXPMcx2g0I

they had 2 of the top Japanese guys out this time around and they really showed just how much better japan is at everything.

then there's stuff like silly games, which people here seemed to like.

Hello kitty roller rescue
samurai pizza cats
Chester Cheetah: wild wild quest
Roundabout

I haven't seen it yet myself but I hear good things about how the runner handled some issues during Prince of Persia

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 20, 2015

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
YMMV on it but the Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 hype run was a lot of fun to watch.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
The Roundabout run I've watched it three times it's that good. The wheel of time and fear where also good. Heck even prince of persia sands of time was very good. Regardless to say there were a lot of good runs no quest 64 sadly.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

The Deus Ex Human Revolution run was pretty fun, there's even a small showcase at the end (just 30 seconds, the saves were ready so they didn't eat into time), but not a super spectacular run.
Yoshi's Island was a chill, fun run, and you can never go wrong with Big Jon (Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels), although he didn't run Golf.
Roundabout was a WR-beating run in its categories (:v:), and a great game overall.
UraniumAnchor's run of Metal Storm was pretty interesting, since the game itself isn't the most famous one.
Kirby's Tilt 'n' Tumble features a Gamecube used as a motion controller.
Shovel Knight is an amazing game and low% is just mind-boggling.
Fallout was neato, especially if you're familiar with the game, and glitching Fallout 3 to that point is probably the only way to enjoy the game :v:
All three of the Pokemon runs had their fun times, and from what I know the Dark Souls 2 two-player-one-controller is surprisingly good.
Super Metroid is Super Metroid. And if you care about milestones, the 1 million mark was broken during SM64 (can't remember if it was the race or the 100% run, I want to say the race cause I stayed up for it, but I'm not sure)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Serperoth posted:

And if you care about milestones, the 1 million mark was broken during SM64 (can't remember if it was the race or the 100% run, I want to say the race cause I stayed up for it, but I'm not sure)

it was during the 100% race

I actually was just thinking to myself "hey I forgot to check what the donation total was at" and looked up at the screen as they updated it to be over 1 million

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Have they put up the fixed audio versions on their YouTube page yet?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Have they put up the fixed audio versions on their YouTube page yet?

some of them have yeah, I think the last thing I saw was a fixed video feed version of tetris

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I actually felt kind of bad for KevinDDR during the Tetris block because the whole block seemed to consist of him, the best Tetris player in the western hemisphere, getting beaten in every event! He seemed to be having as good a time as everybody else though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

qntm posted:

I actually felt kind of bad for KevinDDR during the Tetris block because the whole block seemed to consist of him, the best Tetris player in the western hemisphere, getting beaten in every event! He seemed to be having as good a time as everybody else though.
He kicked rear end at Tetrinet, er I mean Item Mode, though. He had to be jazzed just to be able to bring the Japanese GMs there.

• Locked thread