Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

CCKeane posted:

where he called you townie and then laid a vote on you anyway.

"I don't think these actions come off as scummy."

yep, calling him 100% townie right there good case there, casper, ghost detective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

merk, i remember you once said that you would not stop voting me until you died and I can't remember if you were town or scum that game. Do you remember? Don't lie, please.

I don't think this really helps you. There's no real point to it and it just adds to the flailing vibe your giving off.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

You're making these terrible assumptions and acting as though they are fact without any basis in reality, I feel, but I have seen you make such arguments on both sides of the pond. The fact is that I am trying to feel you out still. Gun to my head? Scum.
Oh, how wishy-washy of you, ~keepin' your options open~ I see.
Folks, that's Scummy.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't care if it helps me, please don't tell me what does and doesn't anyway though.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lumpen posted:

Folks, that's Scummy.

It's a crime to be unsure? You asked me directly so it'd be lovely to lie and say I'm sure when I'm not.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

If it helps right before I made the going down post I had gotten in a really bad fight with someone close to me and I was really loving angry in general, so if anything, it was the realest thing I've posted in this thread. But of course you have no reason to believe that until the game is over.

I was voting for merk before he was voting for me. My case explains my issues with merk. The theory you're pushing that I'm scared of merk is hilarious. I once kept merk alive for an entire game as scum just to prove I could. I did, in fact, win that game and survived to the end.

I always respond to posts about me. Ask anyone.

You're making these terrible assumptions and acting as though they are fact without any basis in reality, I feel, but I have seen you make such arguments on both sides of the pond. The fact is that I am trying to feel you out still. Gun to my head? Scum.

This is the most obnoxious thing I have read in a long time.

Also Lumpen my greatest wish is that someday you swill spell my name correctly.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I don't care if it helps me, please don't tell me what does and doesn't anyway though.

Yeah, keep stickin' it to the mafia man.

Why are you posting like a petulant teenager all of a sudden?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Diqnol, why whiteknight BottleKnight so hard? You don't seem to carry a proper degree of suspicion. How would you feel about a BK lynch and why?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lumpen posted:

Diqnol, why whiteknight BottleKnight so hard? You don't seem to carry a proper degree of suspicion. How would you feel about a BK lynch and why?

I never defended his content. I attacked merk's premise. Who said I whiteknighted BK?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Samfucius posted:

This is the most obnoxious thing I have read in a long time.

Also Lumpen my greatest wish is that someday you swill spell my name correctly.
Find Scum and lynch them if you seek to become memorable.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

I never defended his content. I attacked merk's premise. Who said I whiteknighted BK?
Are you pretending to be obtuse?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lumpen posted:

Are you pretending to be obtuse?

Are you pretending to care what I respond to you with?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Holy poop.

##unvote

##vote diqnol

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Jesus, (a personal friend of mine, since I am dead) Diqnol and Merk the two of you have had this back and forth many times regardless of alignment and I think it eats up a lot of the focus of day one needlessly.

I have plenty of time, as I am a ghost.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

I think you are Scum, so my super secret plan is to figure out your accomplices for when you flip. You seem to have noticed. Good dodgin'.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lumpen posted:

I think you are Scum, so my super secret plan is to link you with you accomplces when you flip. You seem to have noticed. Good dodgin'.

Ummm, your super secret plan is to play mafia?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Samfucius posted:

Holy poop.

##unvote

##vote diqnol

Oh, and please explain this vote. I don't understand it. I'm giving Lumpen a hard time because he is giving me transparently biased questions rather than something genuinely curious.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Ummm, your super secret plan is to play mafia?
Ha, I think that this logically constitiutes an unintentional Scumclaim by Diqnol!

Trap sprung. ~Busted by the Lumpster.~:lumpen:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lumpen posted:

Ha, I think that this logically constitiutes an unintentional Scumclaim by Diqnol!

Trap sprung. ~Busted by the Lumpster.~:lumpen:

How deep is your tongue buried in your cheek right now? Just curious.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Oh, and please explain this vote. I don't understand it. I'm giving Lumpen a hard time because he is giving me transparently biased questions rather than something genuinely curious.

It's definitely coming across as (read: is) a meltdown.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Samfucius posted:

It's definitely coming across as (read: is) a meltdown.

It's definitely not a meltdown. I don't think you know what a meltdown is. I'm sitting here with a smirk on my face.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

*appears in the summoning circle TMMadmab has crafted*

This post solidified Gamer in my mind, it is a reach case at best and much of it seems predicated on Diqnol going after merk.

The post that originally drew my ectoplasam toward gamer were the posts where he called you townie and then laid a vote on you anyway. It is a nonsense move that, regardless of how you feel about it and even how it turned out, was still a move that seemed geared toward heavy hedging. If you picked up momentum at any point he can leave his vote there, say "oh he is really scummy" and not look bad for it.

If you don't think someone is scum you shouldn't vote them, and that is what gamer did.

Just wanted to come back and respond to this post. I guess I can see where you're coming from but I don't think I agree at the moment. It's certainly something I will keep in mind.

Also, I'm not sure if I completely agree with the last sentence. Since generally speaking a townies power lies in his vote, I feel like an acceptable use of that power is to pressure someone into putting forth some effort.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Also, I'm not sure if I completely agree with the last sentence. Since generally speaking a townies power lies in his vote, I feel like an acceptable use of that power is to pressure someone into putting forth some effort.

Not really, and certainly not as a one off vote. Gamer said "TMMadman, I am voting you, I, town, am voting you, and only you have the power to remove my (town vote)" and then cast a ballot with a flourish.

Come on, now, do you really think that is the way a townie would do it compared to calling you an rear end in a top hat a bunch?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I mean "OoooooOooooOoooo" *rattles your furniture*

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Not really, and certainly not as a one off vote. Gamer said "TMMadman, I am voting you, I, town, am voting you, and only you have the power to remove my (town vote)" and then cast a ballot with a flourish.

Come on, now, do you really think that is the way a townie would do it compared to calling you an rear end in a top hat a bunch?

Hmm. You make a good point, but I guess it kind of depends on the player being pressured. Personally, I responded and engaged with Gamer because he seemed calm and inquisitive. I didn't particularly care for the vote going along with it, but I accepted it as just a vote to ensure I followed through with my promise.

Frankly, I don't think I would have responded well at all to being called an rear end in a top hat a bunch of times. I probably would have completely refused to acknowledge him or gone off the rails trying to slam him down. So in this case his approach to get my to respond was the correct way, so maybe that is coloring my opinion of him right now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Hmm. You make a good point, but I guess it kind of depends on the player being pressured. Personally, I responded and engaged with Gamer because he seemed calm and inquisitive. I didn't particularly care for the vote going along with it, but I accepted it as just a vote to ensure I followed through with my promise.

Frankly, I don't think I would have responded well at all to being called an rear end in a top hat a bunch of times. I probably would have completely refused to acknowledge him or gone off the rails trying to slam him down. So in this case his approach to get my to respond was the correct way, so maybe that is coloring my opinion of him right now.

rear end in a top hat is broadly metaphorical here, if I had reason to think you were town and you weren't pulling your weight, I'd call you out but I wouldn't vote you. I think something along the lines of "hey, yo, we need more engagement and ideas here, you need to provide content" works and would be a more likely go to. Unless Diqnol was doing it, then he'd be mean.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Honestly I find the formality and defense between Gamer and TMMadman to be unsettling. Unnerves me right to the ectoplasm it does it does.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Keane, I'm not always a mean person. Just often.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Honestly I find the formality and defense between Gamer and TMMadman to be unsettling. Unnerves me right to the ectoplasm it does it does.

I don't really think I'm defending Gamer here. I'm just trying to get a handle on why you think he's scum because while I didn't particularly care for the vote threat on me, I didn't find it particularly scummy either. At the moment, Gamer is kind of a null read for me, so I'm trying to get a better feel for him.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Keane, I'm not always a mean person. Just often.

When I was a baby, Diqnol punched me in the gut and stole my blankie. :(

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I once took the bones that once constituted your body and used them to play a ditty on the xylophone - a ditty about the beauty of life!!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk, i remember you once said that you would not stop voting me until you died and I can't remember if you were town or scum that game. Do you remember? Don't lie, please.

I've done this as town and scum both. I don't remember the game you're referencing though.

The way you're playing this d1, it looks like you're going to get lynched. If you're town, maybe be less rude?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I once took the bones that once constituted your body and used them to play a ditty on the xylophone - a ditty about the beauty of life!!

We had quite the Xylophone/musical saw jam session. That was a good time.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

CCKeane posted:

They're more known for their offense. Offensive odor, that is!

Can ghosts smell?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Jedit posted:

Hard to say, my feeling is based on one or maybe two interactions. I would say that it's more likely that both of them are scum than neither of them, and if only one of them is scum it's probably Diqnol because he's the one forcing it.

Merk is dangerous as scum in the late game if he's not under suspicion because he's good at rallying Town around, but he's also effective as Town. I'd rather keep him around for now, so long as we don't all jump on his bandwagons.

You think it's likely that both merk and diqnol are scum? I want to hear more about this.

And merk is helpful as town but only if we don't follow his opinions?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

i think it'd be useful if everybody provided the thread with a list of people they'd vote for

ideally, that list would be ranked

1. Gamer
2. Hal
3. Diqnol

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I once kept merk alive for an entire game as scum just to prove I could. I did, in fact, win that game and survived to the end.

This excerpt makes me really annoyed. I don't think it's particularly scummy because you being obnoxious is a null tell but it's just annoying to read.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Lumpen posted:

Folks, that's Scummy.

So you interpret having multiple opinions as keeping your options open? Is the only way to not be scummy to just have one opinion and not change it?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

1. Gamer
2. Lumpen
3. Hal
4. Diqnol

mafia edit, I just realized I forgot Lumpen on this list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

Can ghosts smell?

I remember having a nose. :(

• Locked thread