Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Gamerofthegame posted:

Because diqnol is scum btw

I think that our differing opinions here may be at the core of my scum view on you. It's all from the heart, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
Can we just lynch Pinterest Mom please?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

ljtrigirl posted:

Blech. This post makes me want to vote you.

tangible fact

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Whoops. hosed that copypasta up.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

ps my meta is that if I survive D1 then I win

Just to help you, ljtri

Wait, didn't you get end gamed in Lady Clarent's?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

No. That was scooty and m something, I think.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Oh man. Now I want to make mess up a copy paste where I do an aux gif in a game.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I'm in one of those weird moods where I post almost everything that I think.

I'll stop now. I feel like I've been mostly monologuing for a while.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

No. That was scooty and m something, I think.

Oh, I meant the latest Lady Clarent's Calamity. It just happened about a month or so ago.

EccoRaven posted:

:s: Gamerofthegame, Andrei, Stable Boy (town-aligned overeager vigilante), was endgamed. :s:

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Oh, but if someone accused me of bussing and I was good, I'd probably turn it back around on them and ask them how they knew that the person was evil.

So I kind of think that Bottle is bussing diq now. Like more than I did before.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Oh, I meant the latest Lady Clarent's Calamity. It just happened about a month or so ago.

Ah. Endgame meaning made it to the end? I thought you meant whichever one I looked up that was Merk's most recent town came.

Lady Clarent sure gets around.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

TMMadman posted:

end game'd basically counts

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Being endgamed is a loss.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Then that does not at all mean what I thought it meant.

It's probably also super irrelevant.

Long D1s are rear end.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

ljtrigirl posted:

Oh, but if someone accused me of bussing and I was good, I'd probably turn it back around on them and ask them how they knew that the person was evil.

So I kind of think that Bottle is bussing diq now. Like more than I did before.

Can you explain this? Do you think I did this? The bolded part.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

Ah. Endgame meaning made it to the end? I thought you meant whichever one I looked up that was Merk's most recent town came.

Lady Clarent sure gets around.

I think it's a continuing series for Ecco.

Endgamed means lasted to the end, but can't fulfill the win condition.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

BottleKnight posted:

Can you explain this? Do you think I did this? The bolded part.

No. You didn't. That's the point.

Like, if someone came at me saying "Dude. You're totally bussing X there" and I was good, I'd get paranoid that I was being set up as the next lynch after an evil flipped and would think that the person doing that knew that the person I was accusing was scum.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

wtf is my avatar from?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Yeah. I'm going to stop drinking and go to bed. Night all! See you tomoz.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

ljtrigirl posted:

No. You didn't. That's the point.

Like, if someone came at me saying "Dude. You're totally bussing X there" and I was good, I'd get paranoid that I was being set up as the next lynch after an evil flipped and would think that the person doing that knew that the person I was accusing was scum.

Okay. Well I didn't get paranoid and I didn't get that read. You are not the first person to accuse me of being scumbuddies with diqnol so you softly suggesting that I might be bussing diq is not setting off my scumdar. Just the part of your posts that I stated irked me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

ljtrigirl posted:

Merk- Why didn't you do the same playstyle that you did in Lady Clarent's game?

I try to change my playstyle every game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

merk posted:

Don't really know. Is there a case that I can read?

There are 2. Start here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734881&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=20#post449184776

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

ljtrigirl posted:

wtf is my avatar from?

Rocco's modern life

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

I try to change my playstyle every game.

You've failed to do so this game :/

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
chaoslord has been replaced by The Ninth Layer. Hooray!

:c: Votecount coming in a second.

:d: Remember the deadline is tomorrow night!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hello everyone! I think the last time I had to replace out it was chaoslord who took over for me, happy to return the favor haha.

I'll read this thing tomorrow, anything I should be looking out for?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE/Diqnol (4): merk, BK, Samfucius, -merk, -BK, merk, -Samfucius, Lumpen, Gamer, -merk, merk, Samfucius

Samfucius (3): merk, fv, PMom, -merk, merk, -merk, Kashuno, -fv, Hal
Gamerofthegame (3): BK, fv, Meinberg

Hal Incandenza (2): Rarity, TMM

merk (1): Diqnol, -Diqnol, Diqnol
Pinterest Mom (1): LJ
TMMadman (1): merk, -merk, Lumpen, QPQ, BK, Gamer, -Lumpen, -BK, -Gamer

SirSamVimes (0): Hal, -Hal
Kashuno (0): TMM, PMom, -PMom, -TMM
Rarity (0): Samfucius, -Samfucius
QPQ (0): jedit, -jedit
CCKeane (0): Kashuno, -Kashuno
ljtrigirl (0): Rarity, Kashuno, -Kashuno, -Rarity
BottleKnight (0): merk, -merkLumpen (0): LJ, -LJ
fiery_valkyrie (0): Diqnol, -Diqnol
Lumpen (0): LJ

:h: 21 alive, 11 to execute.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Friday, August 21st, ~11PM EDT. This is in slightly less than one day from this post.

:gibs:
People who suck at unvoting:
- Lumpen
- Hal Incandenza

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 21, 2015

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks for the shout out Ecco

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

Hello everyone! I think the last time I had to replace out it was chaoslord who took over for me, happy to return the favor haha.

I guess you have to look at the merk/diqnol thing but it'll probably make you fall asleep.

Look at Samfucius he still seems off to me.

I'd say look at Rarity because she seems a little tunneled but that may be my bias because I am a constant target of her attacks.

Look at me and tell me how handsome I am

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

I will be out of pocket all day tomorrow and maybe through deadline. I'm moving into a new home which doesn't have Internet yet. At best, I will be on a phone.

I really think Diq flips scum here. Barring that for some reason, look at the zero traction my Birdstrike comments early in the day got. I haven't ever revealed this theory of mine, but it's caught scum in a few games of months past that I've explained a different way because I didn't think this theory would be compelling to most town players: Scum often follow my wrong cases early on day 1 because there's no culpability for the scum when I badger the person to death and they flip town. I'm always the topic of discussion the next day. If I was wrong about Birdstrike I would have expected some scum to quote me with a "hell yeah" type of comment. It instead went nowhere. When Diqnol attacked me for it, no one negatively or positively talked about the vote on Birdstrike, just the Diqnol stuff alone. I believe this is telling and points to Birdstrike being scum.

This was done on a phone so apologize for formatting.

This completely depends on the players who rolled scum though. I don't think that's a play that experienced/talented scum players on this site would make and there's a bunch of people in this game I'd say would qualify for that. Partly cause they know better than to bandwagon, partly cause it's not their style to rely on other people's cases. Nobody talked about your BK case cause it was a bad case.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gamer, I reckon that you're not scum, you're just bad at mafia.

Please be better at mafia.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

I guess I'm curious why Hal's VT role claim stood out to you over the others and how those claims impact your reads on those people.

PMom claims VT at the start of every game, it's his meta. Keane fakeclaims loads on D1 of games so it's not something I'm really taking seriously. Hal's claim stood out cause it's not something I'd expect from him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

Is there a way to see all of someone's posts in a particular game?

ljtrigirl posted:

Is there a way to go look at a game where he was good? Do you guys have game logs or anything like that?

Just in case no one responded to these: click on the ? under someone's avatar for all their posts in a thread and https://www.votefinder.org has all previous games linked.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

##vote Gamer

Ughhhhhhhh

Meinberg, I was on your side earlier. Why you gotta do me like that? :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

Sadly, I don't have enough time to keep up a decent posting gimmick. Life can be cruel at points, but so it goes.

Looking over things, I really think that the conversation between merk and diqnol makes it impossible for me to readily discern alignment. I lean town for diqnol, but upon further contemplation and reading, I now have a solid null read on merk. Gamer is the one who has emerged as the most false thus far, and I feel like he is the most likely scum out of everyone today.

I'm also uncertain about Hal and Samfucious; Hal mostly on account of his being nice to me. People who are nice to me are rarely town. Sam is more of a tone issue. There's something about his posting that just makes my gut rumble, I can't put my finger onto anything in specific, but I think he's worthy of further examination in the future.

For the time being, though, I'm quite content with my vote on Gamer.

This is a lot of words to say "geez, guys, I dunno...."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Town Meinberg is awkward, verbose and wishy-washy. Scum Meinberg is awkward, verbose and lurky.

Quoting for relevancy

Hmmm

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'd like to see your thoughts on Hal in particular. Also trigirl.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All caught up with the thread. I have a feeling Meinberg is trying to play up to my comment on his town meta. Need to see more from him though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Rarity posted:

All caught up with the thread. I have a feeling Meinberg is trying to play up to my comment on his town meta. Need to see more from him though.

nah

I've just been busy lately, and there's been a whole lot of chatter.

• Locked thread