Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

CCKeane posted:

Jesus, (a personal friend of mine, since I am dead) Diqnol and Merk the two of you have had this back and forth many times regardless of alignment and I think it eats up a lot of the focus of day one needlessly.

I have plenty of time, as I am a ghost.

I've tuned like 80% of it out because it feels like the same stuff over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

TMMadman posted:

Just wanted to come back and respond to this post. I guess I can see where you're coming from but I don't think I agree at the moment. It's certainly something I will keep in mind.

Also, I'm not sure if I completely agree with the last sentence. Since generally speaking a townies power lies in his vote, I feel like an acceptable use of that power is to pressure someone into putting forth some effort.

Is that what you think that he was doing though? Because that wasn't how it seemed to me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

merk posted:

My cases are independent of each other. I'm saying id vote Diqnol and if that wasn't going to happen would vote Birdstrike.

Would you vote Gamer?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

BottleKnight posted:

1. Gamer
2. Hal
3. Diqnol

Why is diqnol so low on the list? I thought he would be higher for you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Would you vote Gamer?

Don't really know. Is there a case that I can read?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

ljtrigirl posted:

Why is diqnol so low on the list? I thought he would be higher for you.

Because I have other people I have found scummier in the meantime. I would still vote to lynch diqnol, based on the reasons I have already posted.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Mithross posted:

Ok, you defended merk as not being scummy, just casing, and called out Diqnol. I agree with you, just remarked it was interesting. It stood out in my first read. As for "backing", it was perhaps a poor word choice.

I'm still not through a second, deeper read of everything that's happened, we had a minor emergency around the house (at least, I don't think toilets are supposed to leak water out of the tank onto the ground constantly) and I wasn't able to finish before work. Here's a list of the people I've been looking at the closest as I do my read;

Jedit, Diqnol, Kash, Rarity, QPQ, ljtrigirl

I'll try and respond to current events a little at work, then finish my reread when I get home.

I look forward to your conclusions, especially on Kash. He pinged me early on for loudly bandwagoning a lot but has sense blended into the background.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

Is that what you think that he was doing though? Because that wasn't how it seemed to me.

Did you read my next post?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

BottleKnight posted:

Because I have other people I have found scummier in the meantime. I would still vote to lynch diqnol, based on the reasons I have already posted.

But you've spend more posts on him than anyone else, if I remember. And he has way more vote pressure right now.

I guess I just think that, if he is scum, you are bussing him here based on your interactions and the way that you've pressured him.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Did you read my next post?

Yeah. You talked about your response and how you responded to it but not really about what you thought his motivation was.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

ljtrigirl posted:

But you've spend more posts on him than anyone else, if I remember. And he has way more vote pressure right now.

I guess I just think that, if he is scum, you are bussing him here based on your interactions and the way that you've pressured him.

Did you read my case on Gamer? I'm more sold on him as scum.

I've posted reasons for everyone on that list, except Hal maybe, and Hal is just pinging me based on several things.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

Yeah. You talked about your response and how you responded to it but not really about what you thought his motivation was.

Ummm...are you sure about that?

TMMadman posted:

Hmm. You make a good point, but I guess it kind of depends on the player being pressured. Personally, I responded and engaged with Gamer because he seemed calm and inquisitive. I didn't particularly care for the vote going along with it, but I accepted it as just a vote to ensure I followed through with my promise.

Frankly, I don't think I would have responded well at all to being called an rear end in a top hat a bunch of times. I probably would have completely refused to acknowledge him or gone off the rails trying to slam him down. So in this case his approach to get my to respond was the correct way, so maybe that is coloring my opinion of him right now.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

ljtrigirl posted:

Also I don't like the idea that I should be voting someone based on voting pressure. That seems like something a scum player would be paying attention to.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I want to lynch PM here or maybe Kashuno. Lumpen's recent stuff has been good enough that I'll at least give him until tomorrow.

I'm kind of torn about diq and Merk. I think Merk's case on diq is better, but diq's frustration has felt genuine whereas Merk just kind of feels like he's sitting back and drumming his fingers together. And I really didn't like his pushback about me figuring out that diq = pizza because of posts because that feels like a really obvious thing to figure out. On the other hand, I feel like some of the engagement and votes on diq has seemed kind of bus-y to me. I think I'm leaning towards scum!diq, but I'd really rather focus on other people because I feel like most of their conversaitons have been alignment neutral.

I still think that TMM is good. I think I've come around on Rarity. I think Keane might be good too, which is a definite change over before. I like the way he's switched between lightheartedness and content, and I like the places he's chosen to interject.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

BottleKnight posted:

Did you read my case on Gamer? I'm more sold on him as scum.

I've posted reasons for everyone on that list, except Hal maybe, and Hal is just pinging me based on several things.

Maybe it's just recent memory then. idk. I just had it in my mind that you super wanted to lynch diq today, and the fact that he was #4 on your list surprised me.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Ummm...are you sure about that?

Yes. You're still talking about how you responded to it. Or maybe I'm reading that wrong. It reads as "I was ok with the vote on me because it caused me to engage with him further", not an assessment of his motivation for the vote.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

BottleKnight posted:

Also I don't like the idea that I should be voting someone based on voting pressure. That seems like something a scum player would be paying attention to.

That a terribad mindset. Goods should be paying attention to it just as much if not more. Votes are our weapons. And multiple ones are more powerful than singletons.

Besides, you need a bunch of people voting with you to lynch someone.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

ljtrigirl posted:

I'm kind of torn about diq and Merk. I think Merk's case on diq is better, but diq's frustration has felt genuine whereas Merk just kind of feels like he's sitting back and drumming his fingers together.

I think that's just how Merk always is.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Is there a way to see all of someone's posts in a particular game?

Also, I just figured out that clicking on quoted posts takes you to that post, which is hella useful.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

ljtrigirl posted:

That a terribad mindset. Goods should be paying attention to it just as much if not more. Votes are our weapons. And multiple ones are more powerful than singletons.

Besides, you need a bunch of people voting with you to lynch someone.

If it's deadline I agree with you, but shouldn't we be voting our #1 scumread other than that?

I get your argument about how it was unclear to you why I wasn't voting diqnol, but to say that it's surprising because of voting pressure? It irks me.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

I think that's just how Merk always is.

Is there a way to go look at a game where he was good? Do you guys have game logs or anything like that?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

BottleKnight posted:

If it's deadline I agree with you, but shouldn't we be voting our #1 scumread other than that?

I get your argument about how it was unclear to you why I wasn't voting diqnol, but to say that it's surprising because of voting pressure? It irks me.

But it's not just about voting. He was #4 on your list. That's not a "I'm just not voting him because I'd rather vote this dude", that's a "Yeah. Sure. Totally in on that if that's where it's heading" spot. Combined with my recollection of your posts on him, it just didn't make sense. And then you went and added Lumpen back in.

And, yes. Clearly. I'm voting mine, which like no one seems to care about.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

CCKeane posted:

*performs an elaborate dance routine while playing a squeezebox accordian*

Gamer is definitely scum.

*continues the merry, ghostly jig*

##vote Gamer

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

idk. Maybe I'm just arguing semantics, but given my scum lean on diq and the way that you've engaged against him, it felt more like bussing than trying to lynch someone you thought was scum.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Meinberg posted:

##vote Gamer

Dude.

You're pretty much a coin flip, aren't you?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

ljtrigirl posted:

But it's not just about voting. He was #4 on your list. That's not a "I'm just not voting him because I'd rather vote this dude", that's a "Yeah. Sure. Totally in on that if that's where it's heading" spot. Combined with my recollection of your posts on him, it just didn't make sense. And then you went and added Lumpen back in.

And, yes. Clearly. I'm voting mine, which like no one seems to care about.

I think that would accurately portray my thoughts on Diqnol. He is no longer my #1 scumread (obviously) but I would still vote for him because I think he is scummy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

ljtrigirl posted:

Is there a way to go look at a game where he was good? Do you guys have game logs or anything like that?

Votefinder.org/player/merk

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

Yes. You're still talking about how you responded to it. Or maybe I'm reading that wrong. It reads as "I was ok with the vote on me because it caused me to engage with him further", not an assessment of his motivation for the vote.

I think you're just not making the connection between the two posts.

TMMadman posted:

Since generally speaking a townies power lies in his vote, I feel like an acceptable use of that power is to pressure someone into putting forth some effort.

TMMadman posted:

I didn't particularly care for the vote going along with it, but I accepted it as just a vote to ensure I followed through with my promise.

Those are the two statements in question and I think it should be obvious that the implication is yes I felt he was just pressuring me to put forth some effort. I mean sure, he could have just left the vote off and then put a vote on me later if I hadn't responded, but I can see using the vote as an acceptable use of pressure despite not particularly caring for it (mainly because it was against me. :v: ). For me, I just didn't see the move as very scummy at the time, so I wanted to explore why others felt that way. I can see their points, but I'm not sure I agree with it in this case.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

ljtrigirl posted:

Is there a way to see all of someone's posts in a particular game?

Also, I just figured out that clicking on quoted posts takes you to that post, which is hella useful.

There's a pound sign and a question mark beneath a user's avatar. The former makes a link to the post, the latter sees all the posts in a thread. The OP has that link for all the posters, too.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

merk posted:

Votefinder.org/player/merk

This is not helping with the mental image of you sitting back and drumming your fingertips together.

Which is weird because that's not really how you are in real life.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Sadly, I don't have enough time to keep up a decent posting gimmick. Life can be cruel at points, but so it goes.

Looking over things, I really think that the conversation between merk and diqnol makes it impossible for me to readily discern alignment. I lean town for diqnol, but upon further contemplation and reading, I now have a solid null read on merk. Gamer is the one who has emerged as the most false thus far, and I feel like he is the most likely scum out of everyone today.

I'm also uncertain about Hal and Samfucious; Hal mostly on account of his being nice to me. People who are nice to me are rarely town. Sam is more of a tone issue. There's something about his posting that just makes my gut rumble, I can't put my finger onto anything in specific, but I think he's worthy of further examination in the future.

For the time being, though, I'm quite content with my vote on Gamer.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

ljtrigirl posted:

http://votefinder.org/player/merk

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

ps my meta is that if I survive D1 then I win

Just to help you, ljtri

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

your meta is that you get lynched day 1

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Merk- Why didn't you do the same playstyle that you did in Lady Clarent's game?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Meinberg posted:

Sadly, I don't have enough time to keep up a decent posting gimmick. Life can be cruel at points, but so it goes.

Looking over things, I really think that the conversation between merk and diqnol makes it impossible for me to readily discern alignment. I lean town for diqnol, but upon further contemplation and reading, I now have a solid null read on merk. Gamer is the one who has emerged as the most false thus far, and I feel like he is the most likely scum out of everyone today.

How so? Please be descriptive.

Because my interactions this game has been poking someone for trying to get people to post without having content themselves and then swatting someone for being scum.

Because diqnol is scum btw

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

your meta is that you get lynched day 1

this isn't mutually exclusive

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

I think you're just not making the connection between the two posts.

Those are the two statements in question and I think it should be obvious that the implication is yes I felt he was just pressuring me to put forth some effort. I mean sure, he could have just left the vote off and then put a vote on me later if I hadn't responded, but I can see using the vote as an acceptable use of pressure despite not particularly caring for it (mainly because it was against me. :v: ). For me, I just didn't see the move as very scummy at the time, so I wanted to explore why others felt that way. I can see their points, but I'm not sure I agree with it in this case.

Probably. Or I just don't speak TMM yet.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Have we played together before, maybe on POG? Your username is weirdly familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Gamerofthegame posted:

ps my meta is that if I survive D1 then I win

Just to help you, ljtri

Blech. This post makes me want to vote you.

• Locked thread